Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How interested are you in playing a game of forum 5-on-5?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very interested! I would definitely come.

5 26.32%
  • Interested. It depends upon the details.

9 47.37%
  • Not interested. Too much work/not my thing.

0 0%
  • Stupid idea. Close this thread.

1 5.26%
  • Minnesota is too far away. Don't leave me out of the poll!

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lets set a date, reunion game

The idea has been floated out there at various times with warm reception but no concrete action about getting together in person to play a game of basketball. I wanted to start this thread to see what the interest level really was and to perhaps actually organize an event a few months down the line (so people can take off from work or family if they need to).

A couple things we need to figure out are:

Who actually is interested?

When?

Where?

Do we get special commemorative t-shirts?

Okay, maybe I went too far with the last one...

Please post your general availability, location and skill level/style.
    Last edited by topdog; 11-01-2012 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    I would be interested, but I live in Houston. I will be in Minny over Thanksgiving, but not sure when I would be back after that.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I am in. Schedule pending of course.

T-shirts - yes. Head gear - yes. Skinny white guy in a plus sized jersey acting like Eminem - yes.

vCash
    Well, then lets pick a game when you are in town. Lets face it - this might have to be planned around your schedule.

vCash
    You must really not want to be referee, Turtles. You notice I put the poll so we could see people's answers, right?

vCash
    The Wolves hit their west coast road trip when I am in town over Thanksgiving. Bummer.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I would be interested but I weigh 500 pounds and lost my left leg to diabetes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    You must really not want to be referee, Turtles. You notice I put the poll so we could see people's answers, right?
    I didnt know that hahahah, well my real answer is the interested one, but i couldn't pass up the answer i picked

vCash
    Man I'd love to show you guys how wet my three ball is but I don't live in the state any longer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    I would be interested but I weigh 500 pounds and lost my left leg to diabetes.
    That'll be me by next week.

vCash
    If I didn't weigh 612lbs and have a bad back and foot, I'd dunkface each and every last one of you.

vCash
    I remember asking about this a couple times before. I've been playing in Mpls. since I was a kid and I've noticed that people don't go out and play much anymore. Used to hoop at Mcrae, Nokomis, Hiawatha, Brackett, Mathews, Pearl, you name it.

I've got a good group of guys I've played with a while that I might be able to get too. We've been going to a gym recently in New Brighton as well as Jefferson school in Bloomington.

Anyone know of any good adult leagues around the area?

vCash
    I play on sundays for www.cscsports.com in the rec league. You guys should come check out the league. All different levels of play
    John Wall and Evan Turner are overrated... let's sign Wes Johnson and Demarcus Cousins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NokomisLiving View Post
    I remember asking about this a couple times before. I've been playing in Mpls. since I was a kid and I've noticed that people don't go out and play much anymore. Used to hoop at Mcrae, Nokomis, Hiawatha, Brackett, Mathews, Pearl, you name it.

I've got a good group of guys I've played with a while that I might be able to get too. We've been going to a gym recently in New Brighton as well as Jefferson school in Bloomington.

Anyone know of any good adult leagues around the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwin2005 View Post
    I play on sundays for www.cscsports.com in the rec league. You guys should come check out the league. All different levels of play
    To bad im not from the cities...

vCash
    It's going to cost me about 1000-1500 euros to get there for the game. So...
    But PLEASE somebody record it for me!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast