Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I said nearly .300. If .297 is not considered to be near .300 then I don't know what is. As for OBP, in his last productive season in 2010, he hit .315 and only drew 45 walks in 680 ABs, and still had an OBP of .359. I believe he's capable of similar numbers in 2013. If he can give me an OBP of .340 or better I'd be perfectly satisfied. We need clutch hitters, not choke artists, and Ichiro has always been a clutch hitter throughout his entire career. If we had simply traded Swisher and signed Beltran last offseason who knows where we'd be right now with both Beltran and Ichiro.
    we're always on the same page, I was begging NY to do that last winter.

I mean I'm no GM, but some of this is just common sense/ Cashman has made some horrible moves, starting with trading away A jax & Ian, and then the Montero trade which still baffles me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No you get it through YOUR head, he has a good OBP so nothing else matters!

lol...

but seriously, the guy is probably the worst PS hitter of all time, no way would I give him a big deal, I just don't think he can hit elite or even very good pitching.

Give me Ichiro at less money and less years any time.
    If by less money, and less years, you mean much less money, and exactly ONE year, then yes, I agree.

For the record, I really don't want Swisher back. Debated the point elsewhere that I'd go a different route/philosophy all-together. But if the money worked out, I could understand/accept it. Would also like it if Granderson gets moved right now, before we end up seriously overpaying him..

vCash
    ichiro/bourne/upton?.. so long gardner/swisher/granderson... find another decent of'er in case ichiro can't play everday...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234