Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Sign him up!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,306
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Massive downgrade in offense? Minimal upgrade on defense?

    Is this clown blind?
    Either that or he didn't bother to notice that Ichiro hit circles around Swisher once he came to NY.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I just randomly scanned for top fantasy OF rankings (which doesn't include fielding) and Ichiro ranked 34 and Swisher 35 in this chart.

    http://www.faketeams.com/2012/10/23/...om-2012-part-2

    I know that there are differences of opinion out there but if the yankees save $10 + million playing Ichiro instead of Swisher, i have no problem with it. Plus signing Ichiro might also persuade Kuroda to sign on for another year and not retire.
    We're basing offensive production on ratings based on fantasy baseball stats now? Fantasy baseball is just that, and the way offensive production is measured there certainly does not correlate to real life. Heck, I'm sure I could use MLB the show ratings to compare players as well, but we know it would hardly be a reflection of the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Huge difference in power. Huge difference in OBP. Batting average hasn't been that huge of a difference between the two the last couple years. I know once Ichiro came to the Yanks he got hot at the end of the season there. But to expect him to hold that up over a whole season might be asking for a lot.

    If they do sign Ichiro I would hope they sign or trade for another solid OF. Probably wouldn't be the worst thing to have Granderson get some time at DH and Gardner slide over to CF.

    Honestly, if he could be had for cheap I think Melky fits this team perfectly. Obviously there are a lot of questions about how much he actually improved and how much was the roids doing but I do think he could be a solid OF for us now. And this all depends on him not getting a huge deal obviously, but its at least worth looking into IMO.

    An OF of Melky-Granderson-Ichiro with Gardner as the "4th OF" but still getting plenty of time in CF if Granderson DH's and to give Ichiro days off and keep him healthy isn't too bad.

    But again, it all depends on how much the Yankees think Melky actually improved without the roids and how much he'll get in a new deal. I give this a very small chance of happening just because its Melky and they've gotten rid of him once before but I don't think its a terrible idea.
    Bingo.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,717
    vCash
    1500
    Ichiro hit great the last 2-3 weeks as a Yankee not his entire time here. I think some believe that he was on fire in August when he really wasn't. Yes he is a downgrade from Swisher when you compare their 2012 season and even 2011.

    If the Ichiro that showed up late in the season could play for the Yanks over 162 games then I would be all for it. Just remember he also has the potential to have a .310 OBP in July and add very little tot he lineup.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,154
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Honestly, if he could be had for cheap I think Melky fits this team perfectly. Obviously there are a lot of questions about how much he actually improved and how much was the roids doing but I do think he could be a solid OF for us now. And this all depends on him not getting a huge deal obviously, but its at least worth looking into IMO.
    Yeah, just what we need, a player who sucks so he uses and gets caught using PED's. Just what we need... NOT

    Melky was OK for us a few years ago, suck horribly in Atlanta, suddenly was an allstar in KC and SF... then gets caught doing testosterone... I suddenly wonder why he became an allstar right after washing out of Atlanta?...NOT.. just another juicer trying to win a bigger contract.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Sign him up!
    agreed, whatever it takes to get that mutt Swisher out of town

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,568
    vCash
    1500
    Ichy is a keeper

    short term deal

    no brainer


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    23,356
    vCash
    1500
    I'd really like to resign Ichiro and trade for Justin Upton. Play Ichiro in left. If Gardner is included in the package for Upton, keep Granderson. If not, trade Grandy and play Gardner in CF.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,007
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Ichiro hit great the last 2-3 weeks as a Yankee not his entire time here. I think some believe that he was on fire in August when he really wasn't. Yes he is a downgrade from Swisher when you compare their 2012 season and even 2011.

    If the Ichiro that showed up late in the season could play for the Yanks over 162 games then I would be all for it. Just remember he also has the potential to have a .310 OBP in July and add very little tot he lineup.
    He batted nearly .300 in August and .360 in September.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    18,717
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    He batted nearly .300 in August and .360 in September.
    .297 not .300 but if .300 makes you feel better I will give it to you. For all the bashing you lay on Cashman I would think you would know how to evaluate a player beyond BA. Ichiro had a .319 OBP is August. If you knew what type of hitter he was you would know he does no draw walks and everything is dependent on his BA. For all his speed he stole 1 base and was caught twice.

    Swisher stole as many bases as Ichiro in August and hit more doubles.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    26,238
    vCash
    1500
    Itchy. Yes.

    One year. Do it.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    .297 not .300 but if .300 makes you feel better I will give it to you. For all the bashing you lay on Cashman I would think you would know how to evaluate a player beyond BA. Ichiro had a .319 OBP is August. If you knew what type of hitter he was you would know he does no draw walks and everything is dependent on his BA. For all his speed he stole 1 base and was caught twice.

    Swisher stole as many bases as Ichiro in August and hit more doubles.
    That's Ichiro. He has no power and his OBP is almost completely tied to his batting average. When he bats .340 his OBP is .350. When he bats .290, his OBP is roughly .300.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'd really like to resign Ichiro and trade for Justin Upton. Play Ichiro in left. If Gardner is included in the package for Upton, keep Granderson. If not, trade Grandy and play Gardner in CF.
    Why are people so high on Upton?

    Guy is a nice player, but is he really worth whatever price it might cost to get him? And then have a few years of 15M per, and then likely be stuck with either paying him the bucks he isn't worth, or losing him...

    And is he actually "available"?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    26,238
    vCash
    1500
    Upton stinks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Upton stinks.
    And yet vastly better than Ichiro.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •