Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,076
    vCash
    1000

    Sherman: Ichiro "Strongly Wants to Stay" with Yankees

    Via Joel Sherman: Ichiro Suzuki greatly enjoyed his time with the Yankees this season and “strongly wants to stay” with the club next year. Sherman suggests a one-year contract in the $5-8M range would get it done.

    “We haven’t had our pro scouting meetings yet (but) when we do we will rank the available players and we will see where [Ichiro] ranks and how it fits once everyone starts engaging the market,” said Brian Cashman. The Yankees are likely to let Nick Swisher walk as a free agent this winter and Ichiro could theoretically step right into right field, but it would be a massive downgrade offensively and not a big enough of an upgrade defensively to compensate. My guess is the team will scour the trade market before circling back to Ichiro later in the offseason if nothing better pops up.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/10/she...yankees-78225/

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,011
    vCash
    1500
    I'd love to have Ichiro back, and would love it even more if it's on a year to year basis. Though I strongly believe they'll be a team willing to offer 3 years. Which may cause complications.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    24,054
    vCash
    1500
    Massive downgrade in offense? Minimal upgrade on defense?

    Is this clown blind?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    I stink.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,076
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Massive downgrade in offense? Minimal upgrade on defense?

    Is this clown blind?
    The defense part I would agree with for the most part, but it can be seen as a downgrade on offense. In that case, you would have to hope that his speed will make up for it.

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    838
    vCash
    1500

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    The defense part I would agree with for the most part, but it can be seen as a downgrade on offense. In that case, you would have to hope that his speed will make up for it.
    I just randomly scanned for top fantasy OF rankings (which doesn't include fielding) and Ichiro ranked 34 and Swisher 35 in this chart.

    http://www.faketeams.com/2012/10/23/...om-2012-part-2

    I know that there are differences of opinion out there but if the yankees save $10 + million playing Ichiro instead of Swisher, i have no problem with it. Plus signing Ichiro might also persuade Kuroda to sign on for another year and not retire.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    6,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I just randomly scanned for top fantasy OF rankings (which doesn't include fielding) and Ichiro ranked 34 and Swisher 35 in this chart.

    http://www.faketeams.com/2012/10/23/...om-2012-part-2

    I know that there are differences of opinion out there but if the yankees save $10 + million playing Ichiro instead of Swisher, i have no problem with it. Plus signing Ichiro might also persuade Kuroda to sign on for another year and not retire.

    Are those fantasy things for the full season? If yes, then I can understand the ranking but let's look at the two of them since Ichiro came to the Yankees. Ichiro was a far more productive hitter. He also has the ability to do what the BS saber stuff leave out, advance a guy, bunt, steal a base. He can do that when he's on a hot streak or when he's not. That is something very few Yankee hitters can do and something this team needs
    Swisher needs to go. Ichiro needs to stay.
    Massive downgrade my ***

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Ok get this through your itty bitty heads.... SWISHER SUCKS!!! plain and simple, he's terrible in the playoffs, have you not watched the last 3 years in the playoffs.. have you not watched his play in the outfield against Detroit.. get this mutt out of town, i take Ichiro all day long over this joke

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,017
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Massive downgrade in offense? Minimal upgrade on defense?

    Is this clown blind?
    Either that or he didn't bother to notice that Ichiro hit circles around Swisher once he came to NY.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    i doubt he is back.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    vCash
    1500
    sherman is a considerable upgrade at bein an a%$hole and a massive downgrade as a decent writer!!!!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Arguably the best defensive Outfield in baseball with Gardner, Granderson, and Ichiro all in there at the same time.

    All we need is a right handed bat to compliment them but this is a must.

    Make it happen! Love Ichiro

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,396
    vCash
    1500
    hopefully he is not back next year. The team needs to get younger instead of getting older

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,370
    vCash
    1500
    Ichiro hits for a better average and has more speed than Swisher, how is that a down-grade? Lack of power?
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,076
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by nybigjg View Post
    Ichiro hits for a better average and has more speed than Swisher, how is that a down-grade? Lack of power?
    He did once he joined the Yankees, but for the past couple of seasons on Seattle he was not on the same level as Swisher. Changing from Safeco to Yankee Stadium and having elite hitters behind him may have helped though.

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    He did once he joined the Yankees, but for the past couple of seasons on Seattle he was not on the same level as Swisher. Changing from Safeco to Yankee Stadium and having elite hitters behind him may have helped though.
    could be a motivastion thing to, because what he did in seattle was irrelavent because of how bad they were. didnt matte rhow well he played, the mariners would suck. he came to new york and actually had a chance to matter
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •