Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Cmon Otto! Get your head in the game man! Thats not the attitude to have, we gotta be positive!
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Well put. Honestly the best option I've heard thus far was your mention of David Shaw. I really think he'd be a great fit with us.
    interesting. Guy would be a baller coach, like Tomlin. Could be a players coach.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cle12152433 View Post
    Cmon Otto! Get your head in the game man! Thats not the attitude to have, we gotta be positive!
    Hey I wouldn't mind him but I just don't think it would ever happen no matter how much money. He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy too that would only be influenced by money. If they go experienced old NFL HC though they might as well go Marty. Lets bring back the 80's again since everyone apperantly wants to compare Weeds already to Kosar, Gordon to Slaughter, Cooper to Brennan (Has to be the slot white thing).

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Tell San Francisco that theory with Mike Singletary to Jim Harbaugh. I get your point but Shurmur is also the guy putting them in awful situations not helping the fact nor even seeming like he is even that motivated to be there.
    Gordon and Hunt(whatever his name is) they were in great postition ha. I see hwta you mean about motivating and everything. But we need the players.

plus unless grudon wants the job i don't see anyone special out there.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Shaw would be an unbelievable hire for the Browns if/when Shurmur is canned. The last thing I wanna see is them hire a guy who has never been head coach before. Bring in a name nobody has heard of before like Greg Schiano in Tampa Bay. He took a college program from the bottom to the top in his 12 years there and had some experience in the NFL as well as big name NCAA schools.

They need a guy that can hold players accountable and bring a new mindset into the organization. If I hear Shurmur refer to "the process" once more I might just snap. The unfortunate thing for Shurmur is that whoever takes over will have a young group of players that have a year or two of valuable experience and will be ready to take the next step together. You can't deny that he was set up to fail the day he was hired.

vCash
    The best line I have heard about Pat Shurmur is that he looks like a kid wearing his father's oversized sweatshirt on the sidelines with a headset on...he looks WAY overmatched!

My only qualm with letting him go is that we now have a 4-3 defense and a West Coast offense...I hope that we get a coach that keeps the same basic philosophy so that we don't have to go through another player purge in order to get "their type of players" in here...that would put us behind yet again!

I like the general direction of the defense...need a linebacker or two, another corner, and perhaps another safety (and health across the board). On offense, an upgrade at either guard position would be welcomed, another receiver wouldn't be a bad thing, and perhaps an upgrade at back-up RB would help keep Trent Richardson fresh while still providing a threat.

We are headed in the right direction as long as we don't go from 4-3 back to 3-4 and radically change the offensive scheme.

vCash
    If any of you guys are on twitter you've probably heard of the "Fake Pat Shumur" handle. Well, he called in to the Ken Carman Show last night and it was great. Here's the link.

vCash
    If any of you guys are on twitter you've probably heard of the "Fake Pat Shumur" handle. Well, he called in to the Ken Carman Show last night and it was great. Here's the link.
    That was too good. The guy was spot on... Progress...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    That was too good. The guy was spot on... Progress...
    "We lead the league in progress"

vCash
    Here's an article about Chip Kelly and the Browns possible interest in him.

http://fanmonster.com/?p=4109&utm_so...nto-a-new-gear

vCash
    Here's an article about Chip Kelly and the Browns possible interest in him.

http://fanmonster.com/?p=4109&utm_so...nto-a-new-gear
    Peter King said two weeks ago on Sunday Night that the Browns could have interest in him as well. He is the hot name right now and everyone that will be looking for a new HC next offseason will be tied to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up somewhere like San Diego where Norv Turner has to be done.

A good cover article at SI.com regarding Chip too.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Dead man walking.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Do you guys think that Kelleys offense would work in the NFL?
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Chip Kelly's offense wouldn't work in Cleveland...Brandon Weeden isn't exactly "fleet of foot"! Unless, of course, we are going to have another quarterback next year as well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    Do you guys think that Kelleys offense would work in the NFL?
    I have a hard time thinking it would. NFL players are a lot faster and bigger than the college game and it may be hard to pull off. You never know I guess though.

props to Bee for the sig!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast