Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500

    Shurmur Expected to be Fired

    Shurmur expected to be fired
    As Mike Holmgren moved aside in Cleveland, he left with the parting words of a man who felt as if progress had been made, even in the bottom-line business of winning in the NFL. Holmgren's best move as president was hiring Tom Heckert as general manager, and Heckert doesn't expect to survive a purge by [Joe Banner]. Holmgren also selected Pat Shurmur as head coach. ... Shurmur is expected to be fired unless there is a miraculous turn-around in the last nine games. When Holmgren talked about the table being set, he was referring to the personnel department headed by Heckert. He was also referring to Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson, Josh Gordon and other young players added to the roster in the Holmgren-Heckert era.
    http://news-herald.com/articles/2012...mode=fullstory

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a2&eref=sihp

    The article on the News Herald apparently has been takend down but I got the article from SI.com. With stuff like this being brought out I don't see why Haslam/Banner just don't let him go during the bye week and have Jauron or Chilly fill in. The City, FO and players probably all know that he is finished.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,985
    vCash
    500
    The thread title brought a smile to my face.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    The thread title brought a smile to my face.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    The thread title brought a smile to my face.
    Sorry. Yeah, its basically just speculation but I was surprised that if you go to SI.com that it is in their top story category. Very misleading but I guess when you put a question mark after something you can get a way with anything. They must be taking the ESPN approach:

    "Brett Favre signing with the Dolphins?" - ESPN Reporting.


    If I get another one of these damn security token crap things I am going to lose it.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    I love this speculation too!!!!!!

    props to Bee for the sig!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,609
    vCash
    1500
    Well Holmgren is gone and Heckert doesn't think he will last. Is that really a vote of confidence for Shurmur. If I were him I would expect it too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    I would be fine with Heckert if he would be more of a player in FA.

    props to Bee for the sig!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    7,896
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post

    But the thing is, coaches only do so much. Shurmur's not throwing 4 picks in a game and dropping game winning TD's or dropping game winning INT's lol.

    So gotta get good players or we will be in the same spot with whoever the new coach is.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    But the thing is, coaches only do so much. Shurmur's not throwing 4 picks in a game and dropping game winning TD's or dropping game winning INT's lol.

    So gotta get good players or we will be in the same spot with whoever the new coach is.
    Tell San Francisco that theory with Mike Singletary to Jim Harbaugh. I get your point but Shurmur is also the guy putting them in awful situations not helping the fact nor even seeming like he is even that motivated to be there. Sometimes teams do take on their coaches personality. I do not want to root for a team that takes on Shurmurs personality. Depth would be nice as I think they are starting to carve out a good foundation for this team especially if Gordon doesn't let that drop get to him and Weeden continues to progress as he has.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,985
    vCash
    500
    Coaches put the players in a position to succeed. Not only on game days but the week leading up to it. It's become a common occurrence for us to be out coached and for our game plan to fizzle out. Not to mention he is awful with clock management. Shurmur is a below average coach, plain and simple. Holmgren took a chance and it failed. Now we have to move on.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,223
    vCash
    1500
    Good get him the hell out of here he has no idea what is going on. I said this after he was a god awful OC for a Rams team that went 1-15. I mean good god, how did he even make it to final interviews after that? Only bc his uncle smokes with Holmgren or something...

    Fact of the matter is, Haslam needs to sit down with Bill Cowher, open his check book, and say "What do you want? Ill pay it". This is our chance to get ahead for the future, we better not effing blow it. We could have had RG3 throwing to Juilo Jones. That right there is grounds for Haslam to clean house and get them all the hell out.
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,223
    vCash
    1500
    Although I will say that I think Heckert was facing pressure from Holmgren to adapt to this west Coast crap. Heckert had too many competitive teams in Philly for me to believe that he is this idiotic...then again, im sure Joe Banner was behind most of it. At least we have Banner. Does anyone know if he will take over GM responsibilites?

    Also too, just bc im on the topic, whatever happened to George Kokinis, our GM for like 2 months lol
    OHIO STATE BASKETBALL
    NCAA CHAMPIONS: 1960
    NCAA Runner-Up: 1939, 1961, 1962, 2007
    Final Four: 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1950, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 2007, 2012
    #5 HAVLICEK #11 LUCAS #22 JACKSON #35 BRADDS

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,985
    vCash
    500
    Joe Banner is known for being great at controlling the cap and keeping teams in a flexible position at all times. He's never had much control over the football aspect but that could change here. As for Kokinis, this article sums it up pretty well.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,556
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cle12152433 View Post
    Good get him the hell out of here he has no idea what is going on. I said this after he was a god awful OC for a Rams team that went 1-15. I mean good god, how did he even make it to final interviews after that? Only bc his uncle smokes with Holmgren or something...

    Fact of the matter is, Haslam needs to sit down with Bill Cowher, open his check book, and say "What do you want? Ill pay it". This is our chance to get ahead for the future, we better not effing blow it. We could have had RG3 throwing to Juilo Jones. That right there is grounds for Haslam to clean house and get them all the hell out.
    Bill Cowher is not coming to Cleveland no matter what the money looks like. He is not going to come back to a team this young and still very raw. If he comes back at all it would most likely be to a team that is close to ready to contend for a Super Bowl which is not this team. Plus I would rather have someone that can grow with this team for 10-15 years rather than Cowher where if he does come back will probably be for nothing more than 5 years at the most trying to obtain another SB ring. Just don't see it happening bud.


    TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,985
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Bill Cowher is not coming to Cleveland no matter what the money looks like. He is not going to come back to a team this young and still very raw. If he comes back at all it would most likely be to a team that is close to ready to contend for a Super Bowl which is not this team. Plus I would rather have someone that can grow with this team for 10-15 years rather than Cowher where if he does come back will probably be for nothing more than 5 years at the most trying to obtain another SB ring. Just don't see it happening bud.
    Well put. Honestly the best option I've heard thus far was your mention of David Shaw. I really think he'd be a great fit with us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •