Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    After Rex Ryan and Reggie Bush on Wedensday reopened their early-season "hot sauce" debate, players from the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins are chiming in.

Jets safety LaRon Landry didn't sound sorry about the knee injury Bush suffered in their Week 3 confrontation. Linebacker Aaron Maybin took it a step further:

"We want to knock (Bush) out, but we're out to do it legally," linebacker Aaron Maybin told Rich Cimini of ESPN New York.

Dolphins players didn't take kindly to that plan. Partly because they're protective of their team-leading rusher and partly because it's Aaron Maybin.

Maybin is attempting to revive his career with the Jets after flaming out with the Buffalo Bills, who made him the 11th overall pick of the 2009 draft. Maybin failed to record a sack in two seasons with the Bills before catching on with the Jets last season and recording six. He enters Sunday's game against the Dolphins with zero takedowns and just a single tackle.

Dolphins center Mike Pouncey isn't impressed.

"I don't even want to talk about (Maybin). He's a joke," Pouncey told Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

"He's not even going to play enough plays to touch Reggie," Pouncey said. "I have to be on punt block to say something to him."

Ouch.

The heat-seeking tone between these two teams is nothing new. The Jets and Dolphins can't stand each another. That channels back through the decades.

Ryan talks about having never swept Miami as coach of the Jets, which would suggest a dash of respect for the Dolphins. It hasn't filtered down to all the players involved.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

vCash
    love the **** talking.

vCash
    This game will be interesting. It was the week of practice after the last Jets game that players and coaches said things just started to click for Tanny; they saw a light go on in him. I'm curious if there is going to be a noticeable difference in his play from that game to this one.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    this is the good part about bein in jersey i get to watch all the conference games lol but most likely not the other ones :-(
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    This game will be interesting. It was the week of practice after the last Jets game that players and coaches said things just started to click for Tanny; they saw a light go on in him. I'm curious if there is going to be a noticeable difference in his play from that game to this one.
    both teams are playing better since the last time we matched up

i dont think tannehill will have a big game mostly because he had an OK game last time and there is more tape on him now/ryan has faced him before I dont see him catching up/passing ryan in his rookie year (perhaps down the line to early to tell)

as far as a winner this is tough i dont think its a blow out either way i think it goes down to the end its a division game which is rarely a blow out game should be a good one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMETS2889 View Post
    both teams are playing better since the last time we matched up

i dont think tannehill will have a big game mostly because he had an OK game last time and there is more tape on him now/ryan has faced him before I dont see him catching up/passing ryan in his rookie year (perhaps down the line to early to tell)

as far as a winner this is tough i dont think its a blow out either way i think it goes down to the end its a division game which is rarely a blow out game should be a good one
    You do know that he has improved every week over the past 4 weeks right?

I think tannehill has a better game than sanchez(passer rating im talking)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    You do know that he has improved every week over the past 4 weeks right?

I think tannehill has a better game than sanchez(passer rating im talking)
    i agree he has looked good but now is when he starts facing teams a second time is my point

and i think rex will be able to scheme better for him better then he will to play ahead of what ryan is trying to do

im interested to watch what sanchez does this week seems to be developing strong chemistry with kerley and his numbers with keller on the field as opposed to off this year is an incredible difference

vCash
    I think our team is much better from the last time we played the Jets. Tannehill has improved greatly over the last couple of weeks. That being said, the Jets have been playing pretty damn good without Revis or Holmes.

Also, I hate the way the game ended for the Jets last week. Losing a game you should have won in overtime stings and greatly motivates you. I think this one will be a dog fight. This game is huge, we need this one and we'll have a much easier road the next 3 weeks. We could be looking at 7-3 if we pull this one out.

vCash
    Benjamin Volin

Statement from NFL spokesman about whether league will punish Aaron Maybin or the Jets for his comments:
    "When we believe it is appropriate, we contact teams about certain comments to remind them of their responsibility to play within the rules and that the comments will lead to close scrutiny of their play."

vCash
    I'm hoping that I can go to this game. My friend's family has season tickets for the Jets and we have the tickets but it all depends on the weather up here. It's looking like it could be a sloppy game, which I think favors us big time with the running game. I just don't think I could handle being surrounded by Jets fans if we lose.

vCash
    OmarKelly
    Put this in the LMAO category. I knew Aaron Maybin wasn't good. But dude has ONE TACKLE in 7 games. He's a former 1st RD pick. SMH.

One tackle.... seriously.... Marlon Moore has 3 tackles. Why is any media member in New York even talking to him.

That's like me talking to John Denney about Dustin Keller. And Denney has 3 tackles.

Media members gotta have standards. I'm not gonna ask Josh Samuda about what he's gonna do to the Jets on Sunday. Come on!
    Gotta agree with Omar.

vCash
    I still believe that a Dolphins team with 2 weeks of preparation should intimidate almost any team in the league, especially a team like the Jets. I hope we blow them out, but unfortunately these games are always close...

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Hey some one posted an article about the Dolphins D batting more passes like JJ Watt... I'm trying to read it but I can't find where it was posted can any one post the link again please
    So I read an article today that said Miami wanted to know what Houston was doing different than everybody else to tip so many passes. They spent the by week studying all of Houstons games this season and figured it out. They are implementing it into the defensive scheme this week against the Jets. If our guys could tip half as many passes as what Houston has been doing that would help.

I read the article on my phone let me get the link and I'll add it to an edit.

Edit:

Quote:
    Turns out the Dolphins did an in-depth look at the Texans and how they cause so many tipped and deflected passes and are now making that a "point of emphasis," according to Coyle.

Link It's the second story.
    Here ya go.

It's now the last story on the page. It doesn't really say alot, just that they watched all the Texans games to see what they were doing and they are going to do it this week.
    Last edited by georgiadolfan; 10-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    So it appears that not only did Laron Landry's trash talk piss off Incog, but it also pissed off Lane. Which is probably why Landry didn't practice today. If I pissed those two guys off I wouldn't want to play either. I can't believe he ran all that smack at Reggie yesterday then today couldn't practice because his foot hurt. What a little *****!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    I still believe that a Dolphins team with 2 weeks of preparation should intimidate almost any team in the league, especially a team like the Jets. I hope we blow them out, but unfortunately these games are always close...
    Wouldn't it be awesome though if we beat em 35-3. Even though it won't happen.

On a side note, I had a dream last night that we went on a 6 game win streak after our bye.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast