Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 699

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your Mothers Bed, Trebek
    Posts
    8,386
    vCash
    1500

    Week 8: The Miami Dolphins @The New York Jets

    Code:
    Week 8 The New York Jets vs The Miami Dolphins MetLife Stadium Sunday October 28th [1:00 PM ET]
    Passing Leaders
    QB Rating Yards Touchdowns Interceptions 74.6 1,453 9 7 Mark Sanchez 76.5 1,454 4 6 Ryan Tannehill
    Rushing Leaders
    Yards Carries Yards Per Carry Touchdowns 432 124 3.5 5 Shonn Greene 434 98 4.4 3 Reggie Bush
    Receiving Leaders
    Yards Catches Yards Per Catch Touchdowns 435 25 17.4 2 Jeremy Kerley 514 29 17.7 1 Brian Hartline
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks Interceptions David Harris Quinton Coples Antonio Cromartie 57 2 3 Karlos Dansby Cameron Wake Sean Smith 46 6.5 2
    More Stats

    DO NOT POST LINKS OF THE GAME. ANYTHING POSTED WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU HAVE A LINK JUST SAY YOU HAVE ONE AND THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE IT TO SOMEONE.

    mfw the Miami Dolphins

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,892
    vCash
    1503
    phins up baby!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,631
    vCash
    1200
    Woot. Lets go!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Concrete Jungle
    Posts
    523
    vCash
    1500
    Dolphins win by 8

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    593
    vCash
    1500
    Phins 24
    Jets 10

    Easily . . . The Jets faced a horrid secondary last week in NE, way worse than ours. Our front 7 is going to destroy their 'ground and pound' theme. The fact that our offense and defense has gotten better every single week since the last time we played the Jets proves that we will not have to worry about Dan Carpenter blowing the game for us.
    Sanchez is awful . . . they don't have Holmes this time . . . Revis is out . . . Not to mention if Landry comes near our offensive line or the Lane Train he will get knocked on his arse and bounced from the game.
    Bush will get over 100+yds rushing. I forsee a huge block from Lane on Landry . . . and Landry will remember that hit every time he sees Lane.

    Phins up!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    9,632
    vCash
    1500
    Hey some one posted an article about the Dolphins D batting more passes like JJ Watt... I'm trying to read it but I can't find where it was posted can any one post the link again please

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    4,231
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Hey some one posted an article about the Dolphins D batting more passes like JJ Watt... I'm trying to read it but I can't find where it was posted can any one post the link again please
    So I read an article today that said Miami wanted to know what Houston was doing different than everybody else to tip so many passes. They spent the by week studying all of Houstons games this season and figured it out. They are implementing it into the defensive scheme this week against the Jets. If our guys could tip half as many passes as what Houston has been doing that would help.

    I read the article on my phone let me get the link and I'll add it to an edit.


    Edit:

    Quote:
    Turns out the Dolphins did an in-depth look at the Texans and how they cause so many tipped and deflected passes and are now making that a "point of emphasis," according to Coyle.

    Link It's the second story.
    Here ya go.

    It's now the last story on the page. It doesn't really say alot, just that they watched all the Texans games to see what they were doing and they are going to do it this week.
    Last edited by georgiadolfan; 10-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,892
    vCash
    1503
    secondary needs to step up this game and we should win

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,631
    vCash
    1200
    PFF just put up some stats on QBs and PA passing.

    Tannehill completes 71.9% of his passes out of PA, while only 57.2% throwing otherwise.

    His PA YPA is also 11.8 while only 6.5 all other ways.

    Needless to say need to run more PA.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pompano
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    1500
    Jets Offense:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Sanchez is one of those Quarterbacks who will make a huge play for a touchdown one drive then give up a pick six on the next. He is also not very accurate, as he sits in 31st place in that category (accurate on 64.4% of "aimed passes"). Sanchez's accuracy then drops to 50.4% when he is under pressure. He has pretty good pocket awareness however and is only allowing 17% of his pressures to be sacks. He is being pressured on 31.3% of his dropbacks. The Jets use Play Action the 19th most in the league (16.7% of dropbacks, Phins are 20th at 16.3%). On the deep throw, Sanchez has been accurate on 41% of his attempts (12 of 29 attempts).

    Pass blocking on the Oline is collectively a concern for the jets. They are rated 23rd in Pass Blocking efficiency with a score of 78.2. They have allowed 8 sacks, 14 hits, & 44 hurries through 7 games. Though Sanchez has been sacked 13 times, 3 of those are attributed to his poor pocket awareness. LT Ferguson has been a bit of a bright spot on their oline, so the Odrick/Vernon duo need to make sure to go hard against him. Ferguson is rated as the 9th best pass blocking Offensive Tackle. On the other side, Right Tackle Austin Howard has been a liability. He is rated 64th (out of 69). He has been beaten for 29 total pressures (including 3 sacks) and should pose no real issue for Wake. Their Guards are in the same realm as Incognito and Jerry. Slauson & Moore are both rated higher than Jerry by a few spots and lower than Incognito by a few spots (Slauson, 40th & Moore, 43rd). Center Nick Mangold is middle of the pack this year tied for 14th. He has allowed 5 pressures (including a sack)

    As for Run Blocking, the Jets are rated collectively 30th by ProFootballFocus. LT Ferguson has a overall run block rating of -2.3. LG Slauson has a score of -5.1. Mangold has been a beast in run blocking as his score is +9.0. RG Moore is at -3.0, & RT Howard is rated at +2.2. TE Dustin Keller is rated -1.3 and TE Epps is rated -2.9. The fullbacks are not helping much either as Hilliard is rated at a woeful -7.9. Hard for anyone to think that this Jets team is going to have success against a Dolphins defensive unit that is rated 2nd against the run by PFF and 3rd when it comes to YPC allowed.

    In the recieving game, Kerley, & Keller are the weapons. Kerley has been more productive than Holmes this year before his injury. 37 targets, 25 receptions, 435 yards (120 yac), and tied for 19th place with Davone Bess. Hill is very talented as well, but has dropped 4 passes out of 16 catchable passes. Needs to work on his hands.

    Jets Defense:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Right D-end Muhammad Wilkerson has been solid against the run. So has Left D-end Quintin Coples. Jets NT position has been a bit of a revolving door and the newest piece to be inserted (Devito) has done a decent job against the run. He was a LE before the previous 2 games and has had a very good game against the run and one slightly bad game (+2.1 colts, & -0.9 Patriots). He would still be the one I want to target If i were Bush/Philbin. Especially because Mike Pouncey is the best Center in the League right now. Also The trio of Inside LB in the Jets 3-4 defense (Scott, Davis, & Harris) are not particularly efficient at stopping the run. If our offensive line, namely Long, Incognito, & Martin, step their game up we should have no problem running the ball.

    Jonathan Martin could have his hands full this week going up against Coples who has been decent at rushing the passer (+1.1). But Long should be able to dominate Wilkerson who has not been good at the task (-1.9). Pouncey should be able to handle Devito (-2.9) in the middle as he has applied only 4 hurries on the year (including his time at End, which probably prompted his move to NT). Outside LB's Pace (-7.9), Thomas (-2.3), & Maybin (-4.1) should not be very effective at disrupting Tannehill, so the Jets are going to have to Blitz a lot if they wish to penetrate our O-line (which is rated as the 11th best pass blocking o-line). Add in that Tannehill has shown remarkable pocket awareness by not being responsible for any of the 12 sacks against him and only being sacked on 18.2% of the plays he is under pressure. It all adds up to the Jets blitzing us and leaving a man open.

    Coverage. Last, but certainly not least. Cromartie has been showing out allowing only a 46.5 overall QB rating, which is good enough for 9th best in the league. Qb's are completing only 39% of their passes against him and are only targeting him 15.7% of the time. Cromartie has allowed 2 TD's to be completed on him already, though he has 3 INT and 6 passes defended. 3rd year CB Kyle Wilson is also making a name for himself only allowing a 56.4 qb rating through 7 games and targeted on 14.6% of the plays hes in (0 TD, 1 INT, 1 defensed pass). Trufant in the Slot has not been as effective, allowing a 129.2 QB rating but he has not played a lot of snaps. Lankaster is the more likely CB we will see opposite Cromartie, while Wilson moves inside on the nickel packages. He has allowed a 70.6 qb rating and is targeted on 18.3% of the plays he is in coverage. He is also allowing a 55.6% completion percentage and a touchdown, with 1 interception.

    Prognosis:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    20-10 Dolphins win.

    I think the Dolphins have good momentum while the Jets just suffered a heartbreak against a division rival.

    I think our run game comes back alive and we stop Shonn Green. I think we score at least 1 passing TD, and they do to. We should be looking to run, and go underneath, but go deep when they blitz a safety out of necessity. We should be able to apply ample pressure on Sanchez especially on Wake's side. Maybe a 3 sack game for Wake with another 2-3 coming from others. Jones, Smith, Carroll & J. Wilson should be able to contain Kerley, Hill, and Gates. Dansby, Burnett, and Misi may be able to limit Keller, but Keller will have his receptions and may be the receiver of the sole TD pass from Sanchez.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DusG1988 View Post
    Jets Offense:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Sanchez is one of those Quarterbacks who will make a huge play for a touchdown one drive then give up a pick six on the next. He is also not very accurate, as he sits in 31st place in that category (accurate on 64.4% of "aimed passes"). Sanchez's accuracy then drops to 50.4% when he is under pressure. He has pretty good pocket awareness however and is only allowing 17% of his pressures to be sacks. He is being pressured on 31.3% of his dropbacks. The Jets use Play Action the 19th most in the league (16.7% of dropbacks, Phins are 20th at 16.3%). On the deep throw, Sanchez has been accurate on 41% of his attempts (12 of 29 attempts).

    Pass blocking on the Oline is collectively a concern for the jets. They are rated 23rd in Pass Blocking efficiency with a score of 78.2. They have allowed 8 sacks, 14 hits, & 44 hurries through 7 games. Though Sanchez has been sacked 13 times, 3 of those are attributed to his poor pocket awareness. LT Ferguson has been a bit of a bright spot on their oline, so the Odrick/Vernon duo need to make sure to go hard against him. Ferguson is rated as the 9th best pass blocking Offensive Tackle. On the other side, Right Tackle Austin Howard has been a liability. He is rated 64th (out of 69). He has been beaten for 29 total pressures (including 3 sacks) and should pose no real issue for Wake. Their Guards are in the same realm as Incognito and Jerry. Slauson & Moore are both rated higher than Jerry by a few spots and lower than Incognito by a few spots (Slauson, 40th & Moore, 43rd). Center Nick Mangold is middle of the pack this year tied for 14th. He has allowed 5 pressures (including a sack)

    As for Run Blocking, the Jets are rated collectively 30th by ProFootballFocus. LT Ferguson has a overall run block rating of -2.3. LG Slauson has a score of -5.1. Mangold has been a beast in run blocking as his score is +9.0. RG Moore is at -3.0, & RT Howard is rated at +2.2. TE Dustin Keller is rated -1.3 and TE Epps is rated -2.9. The fullbacks are not helping much either as Hilliard is rated at a woeful -7.9. Hard for anyone to think that this Jets team is going to have success against a Dolphins defensive unit that is rated 2nd against the run by PFF and 3rd when it comes to YPC allowed.

    In the recieving game, Kerley, & Keller are the weapons. Kerley has been more productive than Holmes this year before his injury. 37 targets, 25 receptions, 435 yards (120 yac), and tied for 19th place with Davone Bess. Hill is very talented as well, but has dropped 4 passes out of 16 catchable passes. Needs to work on his hands.

    Jets Defense:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Right D-end Muhammad Wilkerson has been solid against the run. So has Left D-end Quintin Coples. Jets NT position has been a bit of a revolving door and the newest piece to be inserted (Devito) has done a decent job against the run. He was a LE before the previous 2 games and has had a very good game against the run and one slightly bad game (+2.1 colts, & -0.9 Patriots). He would still be the one I want to target If i were Bush/Philbin. Especially because Mike Pouncey is the best Center in the League right now. Also The trio of Inside LB in the Jets 3-4 defense (Scott, Davis, & Harris) are not particularly efficient at stopping the run. If our offensive line, namely Long, Incognito, & Martin, step their game up we should have no problem running the ball.

    Jonathan Martin could have his hands full this week going up against Coples who has been decent at rushing the passer (+1.1). But Long should be able to dominate Wilkerson who has not been good at the task (-1.9). Pouncey should be able to handle Devito (-2.9) in the middle as he has applied only 4 hurries on the year (including his time at End, which probably prompted his move to NT). Outside LB's Pace (-7.9), Thomas (-2.3), & Maybin (-4.1) should not be very effective at disrupting Tannehill, so the Jets are going to have to Blitz a lot if they wish to penetrate our O-line (which is rated as the 11th best pass blocking o-line). Add in that Tannehill has shown remarkable pocket awareness by not being responsible for any of the 12 sacks against him and only being sacked on 18.2% of the plays he is under pressure. It all adds up to the Jets blitzing us and leaving a man open.

    Coverage. Last, but certainly not least. Cromartie has been showing out allowing only a 46.5 overall QB rating, which is good enough for 9th best in the league. Qb's are completing only 39% of their passes against him and are only targeting him 15.7% of the time. Cromartie has allowed 2 TD's to be completed on him already, though he has 3 INT and 6 passes defended. 3rd year CB Kyle Wilson is also making a name for himself only allowing a 56.4 qb rating through 7 games and targeted on 14.6% of the plays hes in (0 TD, 1 INT, 1 defensed pass). Trufant in the Slot has not been as effective, allowing a 129.2 QB rating but he has not played a lot of snaps. Lankaster is the more likely CB we will see opposite Cromartie, while Wilson moves inside on the nickel packages. He has allowed a 70.6 qb rating and is targeted on 18.3% of the plays he is in coverage. He is also allowing a 55.6% completion percentage and a touchdown, with 1 interception.

    Prognosis:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    20-10 Dolphins win.

    I think the Dolphins have good momentum while the Jets just suffered a heartbreak against a division rival.

    I think our run game comes back alive and we stop Shonn Green. I think we score at least 1 passing TD, and they do to. We should be looking to run, and go underneath, but go deep when they blitz a safety out of necessity. We should be able to apply ample pressure on Sanchez especially on Wake's side. Maybe a 3 sack game for Wake with another 2-3 coming from others. Jones, Smith, Carroll & J. Wilson should be able to contain Kerley, Hill, and Gates. Dansby, Burnett, and Misi may be able to limit Keller, but Keller will have his receptions and may be the receiver of the sole TD pass from Sanchez.
    Did you write this up or is this an article? If you wrote this, impressive!

    Good luck, Jets vs. Dolphins are always entertaining and usually amongst my favorite games of the year would expect the same out of this one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pompano
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Did you write this up or is this an article? If you wrote this, impressive!

    Good luck, Jets vs. Dolphins are always entertaining and usually amongst my favorite games of the year would expect the same out of this one.
    I wrote it for my followers on twitter and decided it was relevant to share here as well. Thank you for your words of encouragement, I try to pride myself on being a fair fan, and give credit where its due, so you being a Jets fan calling my work impressive makes me motivated to keep writing analysis.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,212
    vCash
    1500
    i expect a big game from Hartline. he was having trouble vs Cromartie but was finding himself wide open near the end of the 1st matchup. find ways to get him open and i think they will. i think in order for us to win we need to stop Kerley so my matchups that matter in this game are Smith on Kerley and Cromatie on Hartline.

    lets hope the Jets dont hurt Bush. feels like a game where someone is going to get injured pretty good
    Take Notes Rook

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    1500
    Jets won't be able to bounce back from a tough loss and with the extra motivation they have provided to bush and the team i think we are going to smack em in the mouth. i think Tannehill going to struggle a little bit but he will bounce back and find a way to win us this game. Expect big games from bush and fasano

    24-14 Fins UP

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,040
    vCash
    500
    If these jets playing been sayng what they have been sayng, but only abiut tm Brady the NFL would step in and start wsterboarding these guys.

    Maybin is now saying he wants to see the jets knock bush out.

    Incog saying it's going to be a brawl.

    This is gonna be a fun one.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •