Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins the final roster spot for the Spurs?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eddy Curry

9 75.00%
  • Josh Powell

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who wins final roster spot with the Spurs?

Eddy Curry or Josh Powell?

I know this should be in the Spurs forum, but I am curious what your average NBA fan thinks about this..

NBARumorCentral ESPN
    It may come down to Eddy Curry and Josh Powell for the Spurs' final roster spot.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    wow

vCash
    Spurs forum, Eddy curry.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Derrick Brown is also in the mix, although I think he could end up going to play in the D-League cause he's a little unpolished, but shows a lot of athleticism and upside.

It's still too early to tell, both have had their games where they looked really impressive. Powell would provide what McDyess provided as a guy who can rebound, and knock down the mid-range jumper.

Curry provides insurance for Splitter who is injured often and a viable low post option. He can't defend at a high level yet and needs work rebounding.

For me, I think Curry does. He's younger and has more upside. Plus Pop isn't too high on Splitter right now from what I'm gathering...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Derrick Brown is also in the mix, although I think he could end up going to play in the D-League cause he's a little unpolished, but shows a lot of athleticism and upside.

It's still too early to tell, both have had their games where they looked really impressive. Powell would provide what McDyess provided as a guy who can rebound, and knock down the mid-range jumper.

Curry provides insurance for Splitter who is injured often and a viable low post option. He can't defend at a high level yet and needs work rebounding.

For me, I think Curry does. He's younger and has more upside. Plus Pop isn't too high on Splitter right now from what I'm gathering...
    Actually Curry & Powell are the same age & both are about to hit 30. I would prefer to keep Curry & find a way to make room for Brown.

TD, Diaw, Splitter, Curry, Bonner, (Brown). That may not be perfect, but it is big & versatile.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    For me, I think Curry does. He's younger ...
    Curry is actualy 29 years and 318 days old. Powell is MUCH younger at 29 years and 267 days! Plus Powell is a better rebounder. I'll take Powell... but I just hate how Curry has squandered his talents and never really tried to get rebounds.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    My bad about the age lol...

Anyway, Powell has played on so many teams, hasn't really stuck with anyone and frankly seems to be playing over his head right now.

Curry has been lazy defensively, and can't rebound like a 7 footer should. But Powell doesn't have a lot of upside and really provides what Blair does. Especially since Blair is knocking the mid range shot down now.

He's probably got Blair beat defensively however. Curry gives this team something they lack, and that's another inside scoring threat aside of Timmy who even now struggles at times.

Sure it's not the big defensive big we need, but lets face it there aren't many out there and not many guys wanna play here. At the very least Curry can knock someone down in the paint and make em think twice about driving.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 10-19-2012 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Curry is nearly 30, I don't think his Rebounding and Defense will ever be decent. I'm also not sure that the current offense would profit that much from a ball stopping big. I'm not sold on any of them, so I don't really care in the end, but I don't see Curry as someone that will really help.

vCash
    Curry! I love the idea of his big body beating up on Howard. Maybe we will get lucky and Toronto will trade us a bottle of maple syrup for Bonner and we can keep both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imwithstuped View Post
    Curry! I love the idea of his big body beating up on Howard. Maybe we will get lucky and Toronto will trade us a bottle of maple syrup for Bonner and we can keep both.
    During Currys peak season he beat up on Dwight one game after Eddy was snubbed for the all star team. One of Dwights former teammates (Kelvin Kato) yelled to Dwight he is just too strong for you. Dwight yelled back I know. Since then Dwight has showed Curry respect. Eddy isnt the same player now after knee and leg injuries but he might be a good player to have to go against Dwight for a few minutes.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Looks like Brown is still in the mix, and Powell isnt...

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
    Pop pregame hinting strongly that race for Spurs' 15th roster spot down to Eddy Curry and Derrick Brown.
    https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/s...23422886670336

vCash
    Looks like Brown is still in the mix, and Powell isnt...

https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/s...23422886670336
    And they both got cut today, while Powell is still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Spurs waive Brown, Curry
    Written by Michael A. De Leon

The San Antonio Spurs just announced they have waived forward Derrick Brown and center Eddy Curry.

The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have waived forward Derrick Brown and center Eddy Curry.

Brown was signed by the Spurs on Sept. 27. He appeared in five preseason games, averaging 6.6 points and 1.0 assist in 15.4 minutes.
    Curry joined the Spurs on Oct.1 and saw action in five preseason games, averaging 8.4 points and 3.6 rebounds in 15.4 minutes.”Previously it was reported that the battle for the 15th roster spot was between Brown and Curry, but now only Josh Powell and Wesley Witherspoon remain out of the camp hopefuls.
    http://projectspurs.com/

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Powell saw some extended minutes in the Orlando pre-season game. And also played a few minutes the day before in Miami.

Curry looked solid when he got the minutes but was a no show in Orlando. I'd be surpirsed if someone doen't snatch him up.

'Coach, we've got an issue with Kawhi in the arena. Event management called and the lights are not on, and Kawhi's in the arena for two straight days at 6:30 in the morning. And he brought two lamps from home, and he put them up in the arena and shot.'

^

(During NBA lockout)

"No flash, No gimmicks. It's the quiet guys you should fear."

vCash
    Huh. This seems a little odd, maybe they honored their requests to try and catch on elsewhere. I am still saying that they don't keep anyone. I think they are fine with 14. And even if someone is still there at the opening of the season, I bet they are gone pretty early. Too bad on the Curry front though. His potential (even though he has never done anything with it) excited me a little.
    Last edited by benjirh; 10-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast