Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Underrated Yankee Problems

Over the last several years, it's become apparent that the Yankees organization and Yankee Stadium are no longer the cream of the crop in MLB. Allow me to explain:

First, lets take the new stadium. Go ahead and watch other playoff series. Those stadiums and fans are filled with insanity and wild enthusiasm. Our stadium is like a morgue. Hell, even after Raul's HR last week, the place was more than half empty. Other teams and players have zero fear or intimidation playing here. Zero. Some actually prefer it. That's ridiculous. Which leads me to my next point...

Playing for the Yankees. Why would anyone want to play here? Tradition, in our current society, is basically dead. Money? Not so much.....the Yanks are pretty clear about not overpaying any longer. Our team is old and boring, so why would anyone choose to get on board? We attract nobody of significance any longer, but instead must rely on veteran stop gaps.

System. Our system has produced very few quality players lately that stuck with the team. Many have had serious injuries. Something is wrong there.

Shadows. Why would anyone want to play in the shadows of Jeter and Mo and those dynasty teams? It's a no win.

Media. The scrutiny is ridiculous. Players see the Arod fiasco. Why would you want to subject yourself to that?

In summary, the allure of being a Yankee is no longer a strong one. I think that this will remain the case until the old core is gone and some excitement returns.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Let's trade away everyone for Upton, Headley, and Felix, oh!!!

vCash
    pretty sad how quite yankee stadium has become
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Good post leo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Good post leo.
    Thanks Bizzle......I miss the raucous days.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    In terms of the stadium loudness, it wasn't too bad in 2009 but the new dimensions of how spread out it is doesn't hold crowd noise well. In terms of this postseason, there just wasn't anything to really cheer about in the 5 games that were played there.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    pretty sad how quite yankee stadium has become
    This. Teams use to hate to come into Yankee Stadium the old one maybe because they started to believe in the ghost and stuff. This one IDK the reason. Probably doing something too much as in winning just is not exciting. That's what made 1996 so great.
    Last edited by DJYankee; 10-25-2012 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJYankee View Post
    This. Teams use to hate to come into Yankee Stadium the old one maybe because they started to believe in the ghost and stuff. This one IDK the reason. Probably doing something too much as in winning just is not exciting. That's what made 1996 so great.
    or the fact that i costs a month of rent to go to a game now

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Ive been at the new stadium and it was rocking a few times, when there is nothing to cheer about the stadium isn't going to be loud.
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Ive been at the new stadium and it was rocking a few times, when there is nothing to cheer about the stadium isn't going to be loud.
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    the lure is still there ichiro obviously wants to play here by what he said today.

are we really blaming the media because alex got sensitive and sucked during the playoffs? it's not really the medias fault that they stopped hitting. Thats a poor excuse for the amount of money they make.

the lure of $ isn't there anymore because i think cash and the yankees have smartened up a little about offering insane contracts.

to be honest the reason why yankee stadium had empty seats is the economy is finally catching up to even the yankees. It's just not worth spending 120 bucks on going to the game when you can watch it on Hi DEF for free at home.

i'm not gonna pay money to see arod and swish constantly do nothing but swing for the fences and miss. That's just silly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Funny that Fatcesa is talking about the stadium being a morgue now.

Leo needs a sports talk show!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Funny that Fatcesa is talking about the stadium being a morgue now.

Leo needs a sports talk show!
    you cna ask questions and give nova speedo's to callers who get them right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    you cna ask questions and give nova speedo's to callers who get them right!
    I'm ordering more now. Did you get yours?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'm ordering more now. Did you get yours?
    still waiting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast