Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't believe it for a second. Kobe will play. It's Kobe.

vCash
    He has almost a full week to recover. He will be fine. Even if he plays limited minutes the season opener, it should be enough against a Dirk-less Mavs.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Not trying to argue with anyone and I know we are talking about Kobe Bryant here but let's face it, this is the season opener not the playoffs.. There would be no question he would play if this game was in June but its not, the only reason I am questioning him playing in game 1 is because it's just that.. It's the first game of the season, I would rather sit him out then risk an injury that might cause him to miss a significant amount of games in the season. this isn't the young kobe either, it takes a lot longer for him to heal then back in the day and injuries will come more often. Sorry to LoveMeOrHateMe btw, i wasnt trying to call you out or anything, i was in a college class and i woulda explained myself a little more if i wasnt in class.

vCash
    I'm more concerned with Howard's health, durability and stamina than I am with Kobe's foot. If his foot is messed up it's messed up and we lose useful points. If Dwight can't play we die.

vCash
    Mike Trudell @LakersReporter about 5 minutes ago
    Kobe (foot strain) did not practice today, which was expected. He received treatment from training staff; return is indefinite.

vCash
    I was just about to ask if anyone had updates... well, looks like we still don't know much. We all think he is going to play but something tells me he might be extra careful with this injury. Foot injuries are dangerous and can linger on if not treated correctly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    I was just about to ask if anyone had updates... well, looks like we still don't know much. We all think he is going to play but something tells me he might be extra careful with this injury. Foot injuries are dangerous and can linger on if not treated correctly.
    I think he should sit out the first 2 games which are back-to-backs.

At home against a Dirk-less Mavs team and the next night @ Portland (where we always struggle, but last time we won there it was without Kobe).

I expect our team to win both of those games without Kobe.

Let him come back for Friday's home game against the Clips.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Dude, we got Dwight, Nash, Jamison and Meeks in one offseason. That's more than what teams usually get in an offseason. Stop being so damn greedy.

And btw, Gerald Green is athletic but overrated. He got overpaid in Indiana. C'mon dude, the guy has been bouncing around several NBA teams, D-League teams and overseas since he started his professional career 7 yrs ago. Stop overrating the guy.
    Dude, I was just kidding. I was joking because of that "mitch's greatest mistakes bla bla thread" so chill!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marferrer View Post
    Dude, I was just kidding. I was joking because of that "mitch's greatest mistakes bla bla thread" so chill!
    Ha okay.

But anyways, back on topic, it's not looking too good for Kobe playing in the opener.

Pau:
    "I have my doubts," Lakers forward Pau Gasol said. "He hasnít been able to practice for six days. Heís been off that foot for six days. Itís no joke. I donít remember the last time he took that many days off of exercising. Itís concerning."

Dwight:
    "He's been down because he can't get out there and practice,"
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...r&dlvrit=53297

vCash
    We won't know until game time.

It's entirely possible he's really effed his foot up.

It's also entirely possible that the team has told him not to practice or play or gut it out or do anything to jeopardize the long-term possibilities for the team.

I'm sure they've already taken x-rays, and since we're not hearing about fractures I take that as a positive. But we'll never really know until he suits up.

vCash
    Ha okay.

But anyways, back on topic, it's not looking too good for Kobe playing in the opener.

Pau:

Dwight:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...r&dlvrit=53297
    Man that freaking sucks... I didn't think it was all that serious, but its not looking to good now
    #Chow!

vCash

Kobe Bryant could miss opener

Yeah if it's even anything minor I hope he sits out...do not take any chances this early in the season.

Foot injuries can finish you

vCash
    Dude, we got Dwight, Nash, Jamison and Meeks in one offseason. That's more than what teams usually get in an LIFE TIME. Stop being so damn greedy.

And btw, Gerald Green is athletic but overrated. He got overpaid in Indiana. C'mon dude, the guy has been bouncing around several NBA teams, D-League teams and overseas since he started his professional career 7 yrs ago. Stop overrating the guy.
    Corrected!

vCash
    i've never seen kobe out this long. it must be age. it's kicking in.

I mean we wasted away so many of Kobe's good years after 2004.

damn....sorry kobester..

vCash
    I hate this, almost always Kobe gets injured just before the season starts, he plays with bad percantages because of this in the first few games, he tries to adjust, then the injury goes away, then he readjusts...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast