Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chase Blackburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Goff was no better than Blackburn
    Yes he was....

Goff was a great tackler, and great run stuffer. He was one of the better gap shooting MLBs. He was terrible in coverage.

Blackburn is an average tacklers, a decent run stuffer and a decent gap shooter while being worse in coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Yes he was....

Goff was a great tackler, and great run stuffer. He was one of the better gap shooting MLBs. He was terrible in coverage.

Blackburn is an average tacklers, a decent run stuffer and a decent gap shooter while being worse in coverage.
    Agreed. Before Goff's injury he was really coming along well. Especially in run support.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    He had a few solo tackles against the run, really contained Morris when he made contact with him....he's a solid tackler and that's another reason why He's the starting MIKE
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    He had a few solo tackles against the run, really contained Morris when he made contact with him....he's a solid tackler and that's another reason why He's the starting MIKE
    Doesn't sound like he's starting this week. Prob miss with the injury. Herzlich has a chance to steal his job....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Doesn't sound like he's starting this week. Prob miss with the injury. Herzlich has a chance to steal his job....
    True That, as well as the fact he has gained knowledge from Blackburn himself on having the "mental ability" part of the game in check, but I thought Rivers might be able to battle for this spot as well, since he does have experience at this position. there's going to be some changes to our defense this week, but one change that seems more intriguing than the MIKE is how we'll run the safety position. With KP coming back, Stevie Ball-Hawk playing lights out, and Rolle with his concussion injury, who knows what's gonna happen this weekend.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    I hope everyone realizes how important Blackburn is to this defense, don't get me wrong I love Herz but he isn't ready. I love Herz's aggression and how he shoots gaps really fast.. Problem is he was shooting the wrong gaps lol.

To me Blackburn is like Pierce in 07.. Physically doesn't have good abilities but is good enough and really is a smart instinctive player who has very good awareness and has a knack of making plays and gets the D in the right spots..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123