Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chase Blackburn

vCash
    All of our MLB's suck. By far our weakest position
    Future Ace

vCash
    This isnt likely but I want the stud from Notre Dame to play MLB for us in the future.

I do agree that blackburn isn't the best option at MLB. Even if Herz isnt ready. But boley or Rivers in the middle. I think that would make our defense turn back into the top notch D we r used to seeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCEVO8 View Post
    I know this is stupid but i follow football heavy and im not a coach either. But I coach my 2013 Madden team pretty well. Again this is no comparison but ill share i've used the giants 3 years straight in madden with custom depth charts and to be honest best line backer core i have to date is kiwi-rivers-boley i do work with the speed of rivers as my MLB. But in real football i'd start blackburn he simply knows our system best and commands the D very well.
    I honestly cant believe you just said that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jvitti View Post
    This isnt likely but I want the stud from Notre Dame to play MLB for us in the future.

I do agree that blackburn isn't the best option at MLB. Even if Herz isnt ready. But boley or Rivers in the middle. I think that would make our defense turn back into the top notch D we r used to seeing.
    Yea good luck Manti is gonna be a top 5 pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    We all said vontaze burfict and taylor mays were gonna be top 10 picks.

vCash
    Look folks... Blackburn blows physically but mentally he wears the helmet and makes the calls and understand the plays better than our younger LB's... I don't believe Herzlich will be that guy ever in his career but rather Weakside role is in his future post Kiwanuka...

We'll likely end up drafting a guy in first 3 rounds of the draft. Essentially blame Clint Sintim for not panning out basically. That was a wasted draft pick that SHUOLD have filled this role in the first place.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    We can't get too hyped up on Herzlich just yet. He's not proven and something must be going on in practice that he's not won the starting spot yet. Or we can look at the business side of this....

The reality is that Blackburn knows the system very very well. Here's the deal:
    • Chase is now in his 8th year with the Giants;
    • Chase leads the team in tackles
    • Chase has as many sacks as Tuck and Kiwi combined.....2.....but still
    • Chase has 1 INT and 3 PDs
    • Chase has 2 FFs

Factor in the intangibles of some of those numbers as he tends to come up big when it matters most.

......oh, and he makes $825k to do this and only $500k and change of that counts towards the cap (unclaimed bonus money I believe).

This guy is an f'n steal from a front office perspective. Meanwhile, Herzlich might very well be the next great LB, but he's not doing anything to drive up his value just yet and is only getting better as he learns in the #2 spot.

So if Blackburn stays as steady as he has been (not a Pro Bowler mind you, but a solid LB) and earns his way into 7+ figure status, he can chase that (no pun intended) money to another team and in 2013 our well groomed, ready to bust out of the gate, starting MIKE backer can be Herzlich who (1) will be in a contract year and playing his *** off and (2) will make a whopping $555k next year. Another bargain starter by Reese.

....for now, just pray that the cap number for 2014 gets increased GREATLY so we can keep the rest of the crew around.

vCash
    Don't worry guys, Manti Te'o is our savior

ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Doubtful. MLBs tend to fall in the draft for one reason or another. He's labeled a Top 10-15 pick at the moment from what I'm seeing and I expect him to be picked in that range if not a little lower. Of course, I thought Rolando McClain was gonna be there at 15 too.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    We all said vontaze burfict and taylor mays were gonna be top 10 picks.
    Manti doesn't have the character issues/bad play that those two had (and if he does then please correct me).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TThomasBeliever View Post
    Doubtful. MLBs tend to fall in the draft for one reason or another. He's labeled a Top 10-15 pick at the moment from what I'm seeing and I expect him to be picked in that range if not a little lower. Of course, I thought Rolando McClain was gonna be there at 15 too.

Manti doesn't have the character issues/bad play that those two had (and if he does then please correct me).
    1) The only reason McClain wasn't there was because Al Davis was being Al Davis.

2) You're right Manti Te'o doesn't have the character issues, but that's beside the point. So many things can happen from now till the draft..oh and I don't think Taylor Mays has character issues, same with Vontaze.

Vontaze is like the basketball version of Ron Artest, err Metta World Peace. He gets too emotional and is essentially an animal running wild cause he can't control his emotions. He would also be lost with regularity on defense. And then there's also the fact that he was ridiculously overweight going into the draft.

Taylor Mays just doesn't know how to play safety. He's 6'4 230, ridiculously strong, a very big hitter and his 40 time is like 4.35-4.4. He can't cover, stiff hips, poor hands, and a terrible tackler.

vCash
    besides being burned by the speedy Browns WR Josh Morgan, (which he shouldn't be put in that position) Blackburn is an underrated player and a solid MIKE in my eyes, and he may not be the best, but just like Eli, If there's one thing Chase is the best at in his position, it's being Clutch...
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    besides being burned by the speedy Browns WR Josh Morgan, (which he shouldn't be put in that position) Blackburn is an underrated player and a solid MIKE in my eyes, and he may not be the best, but just like Eli, If there's one thing Chase is the best at in his position, it's being Clutch...
    Please don't ever compare Chase to Eli....ever again.

Chase is a below average MLB. Jonathan Goff was an average MLB and I miss him.

vCash

Goff was no better than Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash

You took it the wrong way, my friend, It's Big Blue Magic, and Eli has spread it to all his teammates...and besides, Chase may not be as talented in his position as Elite Eli is at his, but they both do make clutch plays, it can't be avoided....Chase made clutch plays back in 2011, when he picked off Rodgers, it gave more momentum at the time to the Giants, the fumble recovery in the Divisional playoffs vs the Packers, and the jump ball against an injured but still dangerous Gronk.....that INT was clutch, also in this year, his INT in the 4th quarter against Cleveland was clutch, and the most memorable, when Chase forced the ball out of Santana's arms when he held it as tight as he could, how can that not be clutch? so in this kind of way, I stand strong to my statement of comparing Chase to Eli...but I got one controversial comment t o leave here: Chase is an underrated player and due to his intelligence of the game, is Pro-Bowl Worthy.....(YES, I made a bold Statement, but It's just how I feel, and people may say chase is the weakest link, but I believe he Is THE link for this Giants Defense
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Looks like Chase might be done...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast