Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I wish I could root for the Nets...

I truly do, because I'm an Islander fan and thus I hate the Rangers. I hate rooting for the Knicks because of their connection with the Rangers. And now the Nets are associated with the Isles, so that's cool. I can't stand Charles Dolan. I can't stand Carmelo Anthony. And unlike with my other teams (Jets, Mets and Isles), I never became a serious Knicks fan.

I watched them a lot in the 90's, and my brother liked 'em and yeah, guys like Ewing and Starks have a place in my heart but I basically stopped watching them around the year 2000 or so, so I don't have the same kind of connection with them. I'm not a bandwagon type of guy, because I've stuck with the Mets, Jets and Isles through thick and thin. But this is the one case I might be willing to make an exception.

So I would love to be a Nets fan. But one of the things that really grates on me is Bruce Ratner, and the unethical actions that he (and New York State) took in forcing people out of their neighborhoods without reasonable compensation, and at the behest of a Russian billionaire, to boot.

Just curious, what do you guys think? How do you rationalize what Bruce Ratner did? Do you think I should become a Nets fan? I'm guessing you will say yes, just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    You should become a fan of whichever team you fall in love with.

But to say THAT's the reason you're not a Nets fan? That just seems like you're looking for a reason not to be one.

Who says they're not Yankees fans cause they built a new stadium with tax money?

Kinda get my point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I truly do, because I'm an Islander fan and thus I hate the Rangers. I hate rooting for the Knicks because of their connection with the Rangers. And now the Nets are associated with the Isles, so that's cool. I can't stand Charles Dolan. I can't stand Carmelo Anthony. And unlike with my other teams (Jets, Mets and Isles), I never became a serious Knicks fan.

I watched them a lot in the 90's, and my brother liked 'em and yeah, guys like Ewing and Starks have a place in my heart but I basically stopped watching them around the year 2000 or so, so I don't have the same kind of connection with them. I'm not a bandwagon type of guy, because I've stuck with the Mets, Jets and Isles through thick and thin. But this is the one case I might be willing to make an exception.

So I would love to be a Nets fan. But one of the things that really grates on me is Bruce Ratner, and the unethical actions that he (and New York State) took in forcing people out of their neighborhoods without reasonable compensation, and at the behest of a Russian billionaire, to boot.

Just curious, what do you guys think? How do you rationalize what Bruce Ratner did? Do you think I should become a Nets fan? I'm guessing you will say yes, just curious.
    reasonable compensation happens to be the shitload of jobs that will come with atlantic yards
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    reasonable compensation happens to be the shitload of jobs that will come with atlantic yards
    Well, the community gets compensated, but the victims do not.

Quote Originally Posted by krisxsonng
    Who says they're not Yankees fans cause they built a new stadium with tax money?

Kinda get my point?
    I guess I get your point, but I have a tougher time sympathizing with the nameless, faceless taxpayer as with the guy who has his home or business stolen. It sucks that it has to come to that.
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    Wait, you guys keep saying this... that's good for the community at large, arguably, but how do these jobs "compensate" the person who had their home or business taken from them?

vCash
    Wait, you guys keep saying this... that's good for the community at large, arguably, but how do these jobs "compensate" the person who had their home or business taken from them?
    elaborate please
    [

vCash
    elaborate please
    Eminent Domain.

vCash
    I dont know specifically but if it went through multiple courts than I dont know what to say
    [

vCash
    lol

vCash
    yes, become a nets fan, its addictive

vCash
    Do you like good defensive basketball? If no, become a fan.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Do you like good defensive basketball? If no, become a fan.
    lol
    [

vCash
    I don't know if it's the black and grey but this forum is really depressing.
    The Knicks are back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cromedome View Post
    I don't know if it's the black and grey but this forum is really depressing.
    or maybe its due to the fact that us nets fans are all depressing people... we live under constant rain clouds of dreary illusions.
    [

vCash

Unfortunately

There's some truth in what you say

or maybe its due to the fact that us nets fans are all depressing people... we live under constant rain clouds of dreary illusions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast