Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Three possible trade scenarios involving Hump/Marshon

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/12/19/...mors-sb-nation

Trade 1 - The Rumor: Ersan Ilyasova for Kris Humphries. (January 15)

The Nets and Bucks may both be thinking, "should we have given these guys as much money as we did??" The Nets gave Humphries $24 million over two (after the Bobcats were reportedly ready to offer him $29 million over three). The Bucks gave Ilyasova $40 million over five ($32.4 million guaranteed) after the Nets and Raptors were thinking of giving him four year deals. Neither are playing up to expectations. In fact, both have been consigned to the bench in recent games. It's not that either isn't capable of matching last year's numbers. It's just that they aren't doing it consistently or at the salary level. Call it the "Buyers Remorse Times Two" trade.

Ilyasova on the Nets would give them a deep threat at the four which they don't currently have. Hump on the Bucks significantly reduces their exposure in the out years of Ilyasova's deal, a time when they will need to make decisions on a number of their young players.

Does it work under CBA? Just about, but the Bucks might have to throw in a minimum contract, of which they have three: Joel Pryzbila, Doron Lamb and Marquis Daniels.

Trade 2 - The Tough Choice: Daequan Cook for MarShon Brooks.

Let's face it. This won't be easy. Brooks value keeps dropping and with each DNP-CD or Avery diss, it drops further. Moreover, Brooks makes only $1.1 million, so getting a good return will be difficult to achieve under the CBA. Cook was sent to the Rockets in the James Harden deal. He is a year older than Brooks and is a near 40-percent shooter from deep, which could be helpful. He is also an expiring contract.

Does it work under the CBA? Not with Cook making $3.1 million it doesn't. In theory, the Nets would have to add two players to the mix. If the trade was made before January 10, the Nets could include Josh Childress and he could be waived at no coast to Houston. Better Avery Johnson get value from him.

Trade 3 - The "Big" Risk: Amir Johnson and Landry Fields and a swap of protected first rounders for Kris Humphries. (January 15)

Amir Johnson is seen by many as having big potential. Landry Fields played well in New York last season. But neither are performing at levels commensurate with their pay. Fields, who's been hurt, is in the first year of a three-year, $18.75 million deal no one but Fields thinks is a good deal. Johnson is owed $19.7 million over three ($17.6 million guaranteed). Both are young, Johnson 25, Fields is 24. Johnson is a project but Avery has a good record with projects. Could be Blatche insurance if Project Zero signs elsewhere. Hump saves the Raptors $11 million in 2014-15. Of course, it hurts the Nets. Swap first rounders might help balance the books.
    As noted, Hump can't be traded till Jan 15th. Thoughts?
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    first trade is dumb imo.

"nets do not have a 4 that can shoot the 3"

thats what teletovic was brought in to do. he doesnt get the playing time. why would iliasova get that time?

not a fan of any of the trades honestly. think they are panic ideas more than anything.

many guys, including brooks, are trying to find their niche on this team. a lot of newcomers.

also, i think keep humphries in the starting lineup is a must. his chemstry with those guys and evans with the bench is better than flipping them. evans can play at the end of games but hump played well with the starting lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I don't think the MarShon trade is a panic deal. If anything, far from it. He doesn't fit into what the Nets need at the wings. He's a great player on offense, someone who can create shots at will, but that's it. Daequan fits better on the Nets because he is a very good spot up shooter and a guy that can be standing at the corner and knock down those corner 3's. Nets just need a guy who can reliably hit perimeter shots, period. MarShon is a much better fit in Houston, and could probably be their sixth man. The Amir/Fields for Humphries swap is intriguing, but the Nets would have to get something else out of that. Huge salary dump for the Raps.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    I really don't wanna trade Brooks, unless we are packaging him with Hump too REALLY improve at power forward. I really believe this guy is going to be a star. He can already score at will and in a couple years when he understands the game a little more he will be much better at defense. I honestly think he should be getting more like 20 minutes a game where i believe he could really be helping this team off the bench. I think in 3 years when Joe Johnson's contract expires he could step right in to the starting lineup and be an all star caliber shooting guard.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Another idea of packaging them together is to go for a tyreke evans, kings are shopping him and if we add a protected pick and take back a big man, that would be great for us.....imagine tyreke as a 6th man!

vCash
    I really wasn't too pleased with that article. The trades were very lob sided in my opinion. I don't think Ersan is that player we need right now

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    I really wasn't too pleased with that article. The trades were very lob sided in my opinion. I don't think Ersan is that player we need right now
    think if we had a tyreke, its a little stretch to get him but i think we can pull a deal

vCash
    None of those players on the list intrigued me at all for some reason

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    3rd deal is definitly the best in my opinion, if any of them

vCash
    I'm not a fan of these 'big upside' deals. Sure, it didn't hurt to sign Blatche cause we weren't giving anything up. But a Kris Humphries who could EASILY turn it on an get a 20 -20 night? No thanks man

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    What we all need to consider though is that we tend to bump our own players value A LOT. People were mad about the Terrence Williams trade. How did he turn out? Gerald Green? I think a Hump/Ersa swap with us getting Joel as a minimum to balance wouldn't be so bad
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    We need a new coach IMO. Also before we even think about getting Ersan let's see what Tele can do? Also I would love to try and land Tyreke! I like #3 the best honestly
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Hump and Marshon for Tyreke would make the most sense. Hustle player who can flat out score from the 1-3 positions.

vCash
    Avery is a moron fire him please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidd>>>K-Mart View Post
    Hump and Marshon for Tyreke would make the most sense. Hustle player who can flat out score from the 1-3 positions.
    Tyreke Evans is awful no thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast