Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deron

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash

Deron

Not sure if this was talked about recently, this is my first new thread ever.
    Just a observation, want to see if anyone else agrees.

The more I see him, the more I realize he is not close to a superstar.
    He should be the one lifting his game up with Lopez out, but he doesn't.
    He regurly gets outplayed by opposing point guards, and he sulks when they are playing bad instead of trying to take over, and lift his team.

Don't get me wrong he is still a very good player, but not the guy I thought we were getting.

I hope it's injuries, and he picks up his game.

vCash
    Its sad, but true. The Deron that has been on the Nets is not the same exciting player he was in Utah. His shooting has declined so much he went from.being a 45-47% shooter to a guy that cant even shoot 40%. With him declining and Joe Johnson declining I dont know how long this team has. Its better than missing the playoffs every year though ill tell you that. We will be a playoff team for at least the next 3 yrs

vCash
    He can be as he showed against OKC. He has Melo-syndrome

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    He can be as he showed against OKC. He has Melo-syndrome
    Then I expected him to take advantage of his huge strength advantage against Curry, and Jennings, but they both outplayed him.

vCash
    its purely his shot selection... he doesn't take advantage of his strengths
    [

vCash
    Are you guys serious?

Deron Williams is a superstar. Is he playing like it? No, but there's a very good reason for that. Injuries.

He needs surgery to clean up his ankle and has been banging up his already sprained shooting wrist every single game this year.

As for his leadership qualities, he does lack in that department as he tends to sulk more often than a leader should, but don't question his abilities to play basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Are you guys serious?

Deron Williams is a superstar. Is he playing like it? No, but there's a very good reason for that. Injuries.

He needs surgery to clean up his ankle and has been banging up his already sprained shooting wrist every single game this year.

As for his leadership qualities, he does lack in that department as he tends to sulk more often than a leader should, but don't question his abilities to play basketball.

Since joining the Nets Deron has not been a superstar man. Hes a chucker not that cant hit his shots. If hes hurt and cant shoot then drive

vCash
    He needs to use his body more. Joe Johnson has used his 6 foot 8 advantage on every SG in the league this year....Deron needs to do the same

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    He will improve as he learns to play with this team

vCash
    ^ ^ Just like the lakers will improve right????

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    He will improve as he learns to play with this team
    the guy misses wide open jumpshots. some things have nothing to do with team chemistry

If his passes were getting dropped or something Id say OK, but Derons play is his fault

vCash
    His passing is very good but he tries the flashy too often and loses the ball. That has been a constant in his career but his ability to move the ball is elite. His shooting blows. It's nice that he has a post game but right now, as a scorer he brings little to the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanian215 View Post
    His passing is very good but he tries the flashy too often and loses the ball. That has been a constant in his career but his ability to move the ball is elite. His shooting blows. It's nice that he has a post game but right now, as a scorer he brings little to the team.
    I hate when he does something flashy and throws the ball out of bounds or its bounces off his foot and leads to an easy score. I think he needs to simplify his game. At least until hes healthier. If his wrist is really as bad as his shooting he shouldn't be doing so much dribbling. Attack this rim and drive and dish, but STOP SHOOTING. Every time he shoots I really get irritated because i know it isn't going in

vCash
    Yes I see some of what you're not happy with. "he sulks when they are playing bad instead of trying to take over, and lift his team." The sulking really get me too. Or him trying to (fix things) by taking over all by himself. I'm thinking that winning will help his attitude and game and I'm pretty sure the winning is coming.

vCash
    thats y hes not a superstar in my opinion. This guy doesn't carry a team at all hes a good role player to have if you have star talent with him, but he isn't a superstar that will carry a team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast