Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Matt Garza:
    Trade him now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Matt Garza:
    Trade him now!

vCash
    The man does owe us fans some prospects.

vCash
    Jordan Bernfield:

#Cubs and #Northwestern to make a "major business announcement" Tuesday in a press conference at Wrigley Field.
    Teddy: Greenstein:

Cubs and Cats (#Northwestern) to make "major business announcement" Tues at Wrigley. More to come.

Source: Cubs/Cats will announce broad biz partnership. No fball games in ’13,hope is ’14 and beyond,dep on renovations

In ’13, Cats/Cubs may schedule Wrigley games involving #Northwestern baseball, lax, softball, soccer teams.

Cubs owner Tom Ricketts told me in Oct that #Northwestern-Ill game was "one of the greatest days in Wrigley Field history."

Next #Northwestern/Wrigley date up in air b/c of construction. But keep an eye on 11/8/14 vs. Iowa. And Cats host #Illini 11/29/14.
    I wonder how this relates to the Cubs using the Evanston facilities for the prospects who were in town during the convention.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 02-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    By Teddy Greenstein, "Partnership with Cubs ensures more NU football at Wrigley."

After years of flirting, the Chicago Cubs and Northwestern will take their relationship to the next level Tuesday by announcing a broad partnership in a news conference at Wrigley Field.

A university source told the Tribune that while Wrigley will not host football in 2013, other NU teams might play there this year, such as baseball, softball, soccer and lacrosse.

And it’s just a matter of time before NU football returns to Wrigley Field, given that the 2010 Northwestern-Illinois game was profitable for the Cubs and gave the Wildcats a huge marketing boost.

NU athletic director Jim Phillips told the Tribune after the 2010 game that there was “absolutely potential to do another. This was a wonderful event, it captured a national audience and from the responses I've received, there truly was a bowl-like atmosphere.”

But the date (and opponent) of the next football game will depend on the pace of renovations, given that in 2010, both teams’ offenses played toward the same end zone.

The NU source said that partnering with a famous brand and historic venue will help the school advance its theme as “Chicago’s Big Ten team.”

And both sides believe the extensive partnership between a major sports franchise and school will be the first of its kind.

Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts is tight with Phillips and is a major supporter of NU sports.

In an October interview with the Tribune, Ricketts forecasted more football games at Wrigley, called the 2010 Illinois-NU game "one of the greatest days in Wrigley Field history” and said: “When I saw the Northwestern band on the field at halftime, I almost cried.”

vCash
    Cubs updated their transaction page. Looks like they signed free agent RHP Yeiper Castillo to a minor league contract on December 21.

vCash
    8 days, guys.

vCash
    I'm at this Indiana Michigan game with two recruits...MY GOD IS THIS PLACE ELECTRIC RIGHT NOW>>>GHEYYYAAA!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I'm at this Indiana Michigan game with two recruits...MY GOD IS THIS PLACE ELECTRIC RIGHT NOW>>>GHEYYYAAA!
    Recruits for what? And ya "In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!"

vCash
    Cubs pitchers and catchers report to Fitch Park next Sunday, February 10. The first full squad workout is the following Sunday, February 17. The Cubs have their Cactus League opener on Saturday, February 23.

I'll have a Spring Training thread up next Sunday: schedule/results, off-season transactions, and I'll track the roster as it whittles down to 25 over the course of camp.

vCash
    I love Yagyu++.

vCash
    Wow ST AND the return of the Walking Dead? What a Sunday, just like Jah intended.

vCash
    Looks like Edwin Jackson has already reported to camp:

@toddgrobstein: @EJ36 welcome back to AZ!! #cubs #springtraining

@EJ36: Good to be back homie!

vCash
    Via Twitter:

BUD Bleachers: Yet again, it's so ponderous that we already know the outcome before it all even begins.. 'Hi' to Theo Blah-Blah for me.

Not Tom Ricketts: I think it's exciting we know this is the year.

BUD Bleachers: So, we're gonna...blah, blah, blah. Rebuild...blah, blah, blah. Then, we want $300MM for blah, blah, blah.

vCash
    By Patrick Mooney, "Ex-Cubs VP Oneri Fleita joins Reds as a consultant."

Oneri Fleita – the player-development executive who helped the Cubs build a pipeline in the Dominican Republic – has signed on as a consultant with the Cincinnati Reds.

The day after the Super Bowl is when attention shifts back to baseball and Fleita wants to find a way back into the game. He will spend some time at the Reds complex in Arizona during spring training and take on scouting assignments in the major and minor leagues this season.
    More details after the jump.

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast