Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    vCash
    30 days til pitchers/catchers report.
    Last edited by JIMBO; 01-11-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: changed 40 to 30 because - well my math sucked

vCash
    I like the sound of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    30 days til pitchers/catchers report.
    Thank god!

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Once a free agent actually signs a major league deal, the signing club has up to 20 days to file the contract. I'm not quite sure when Carlos Villanueva technically agreed to terms, but my guess is that we'll see a corresponding roster move by the end of the week. Maybe within a few days if he signed before the new year.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Once a free agent actually signs a major league deal, the signing club has up to 20 days to file the contract. I'm not quite sure when Carlos Villanueva technically agreed to terms, but my guess is that we'll see a corresponding roster move by the end of the week. Maybe within a few days if he signed before the new year.
    Hopefully it will be some kind of trade but I doubt it will be anything substantial.

vCash
    Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat
    #Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo to play for Team Italy in World Baseball Classic. Full rosters will be released on Thursday

Not sure if this requires its own thread, so I put it here. Will be interesting to see if Castro plays for DR.

vCash
    I hope all our hitters play in that, I hope none of our pitchers play in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I hope all our hitters play in that, I hope none of our pitchers play in it.
    According to Carrie Muskat, Rizzo will still be close to the Cubs facilities:

Italy is in same bracket as Canada, U.S., Mexico in World Baseball Classic, & play in AZ so #Cubs Rizzo won't travel far

vCash
    Wrong thread.

vCash
    Wow. Coding is all messed up in the earlier posts. I'll correct it when I have the chance.

In the meantime, per Mark Gonzales and Carrie Muskat:

Cubs' Garza, Russell and Samardzija also file.
    #Cubs James Russell, Jeff Samardzija & Matt Garza file for arbitration
    Not the best year for Garza to file for arbitration.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-16-2013 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Jed Hoyer excerpts from an article by Patrick Mooney:

“We talked about all the free agents,” Hoyer said on “Chicago Baseball Hot Stove” on Tuesday. “Where we are as an organization, we want as many draft picks as possible. We want as much money in the draft as possible. So we would have given up a pick, theoretically, for the right player, the right fit.

“And we will going forward. But right now, I think holding onto our picks is something that makes sense and we’re looking to build as much talent in the minor leagues as possible. We need a lot going forward.”
    “We’ll probably go forward with what we have now,” Hoyer said. “Of course, if there’s just a bargain – or a player that we feel like is at an incredible price – we might add him. But at this point, we feel really good. There also is a point at which we’re full on the roster – we’re taking a spot away from somebody. We really do like the way our bullpen and our rotation fit together now.”
    “Right now, [Matt Garza is] following the normal pitching progression,” Hoyer said. “He feels really good and we don’t see any reason he’s going to be restricted going into spring training. At this point, he’s gotten over some of those early hurdles in the rehab and we feel like he’s just going to be a normal pitcher, a healthy guy in spring training ready to go. He’s excited. I always joke: You can see how he’s doing. He talks about it on Twitter all the time.”
    “No one was more different than his reputation than Sori,” Hoyer said. “I know the fans were frustrated with him and we wondered what we were walking into. He was the ultimate professional in the clubhouse. He really has taken Castro under his wing.

“His preparation is off the charts. I think a dozen players in baseball went 30 homers and 100 RBI (last season). What we got in our first year was terrific. He knows how we feel about him. We’ve had communication with him over the course of the winter. We’ll keep having that communication.

“But all of our thoughts on Sori are positive. He was so good for us last year, both on (and) off the field. (It) wasn’t necessarily exactly what we expected going in. (It) was just a wonderful revelation for us.”
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-16-2013 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    So what I'm reading is that we will not sign Bourn.

vCash
    Hopefully that is correct.

vCash
    Works for me if they can land a CF in a trade.

vCash
    Looks more like they are willing to See what they have with Vitters, Jackson and Castillo before making any drastic moves..

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast