Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Soriano at 3rd base...
    I laughed at first but he actually played a lot of 3rd base early in hi carrer I don't think he would have the time or durability to play there now but if he could that would be a blessing in disguise.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I laughed at first but he actually played a lot of 3rd base early in hi carrer I don't think he would have the time or durability to play there now but if he could that would be a blessing in disguise.
    He started 8 games and played a total of 11 games at 3b. That is not playing a lot and you should have gone with your first instinct and laughed at the suggestion of Soriano playing 3b.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972 Cubs View Post
    He started 8 games and played a total of 11 games at 3b. That is not playing a lot and you should have gone with your first instinct and laughed at the suggestion of Soriano playing 3b.
    More than that in Japan...believe me I know. I still laughed!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    If the Cubs go into the season with Schierholtz starting in RF and DeJesus in center, a plus is that they can set their lineup to L/R/L/R all the way down.

1. David DeJesus (CF) - L
    2. Starlin Castro (SS) - R
    3. Anthony Rizzo (1B) - L
    4. Alfonso Soriano (LF) - R
    5. Ian Stewart (3B) - L
    6. Wellington Castillo / Dioner Navarro (C) - R / S
    7. Nate Schierholtz (RF) - L
    8. Darwin Barney (2B) - R

Pretty mediocre overall, but the handedness thing is cool.

vCash
    I seriously believe the mentality most fans towards Garza is that he owes us prospects.

vCash
    Levine's answers to some questions are so non-committal/non-informal/generic that it's just reinforcing my dislike for beat writers.

Texas might want Soriano with Garza, they could use the offense, but i think he might be expensive. O RLY?

Btw: I want Martin more than I want Olt from the Rangers.

vCash
    If Schierholtz is actually our everyday RF'er and DeJesus is in CF I'll cry.

vCash
    There's still time to fix it, but that would be among the worst OFs in baseball.

vCash
    Why would that make you cry? We would have an efficient outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    Why would that make you cry? We would have an efficient outfield.
    First Prize!*

*Not first place

vCash
    Am I seeing this right? We play the Rangers in April?

That's ****ing weird
    Last edited by CubbieSteve; 01-05-2013 at 04:55 AM.

vCash
    Has anyone in the forum seen any recent updates on Gerardo Concepcion? I know he had a serious bout of mononucleosis? I haven't heard anything and was wondering what the projections for him might be this year? Will he reamin at Peoria or go back down a level to establish stamina and confidence? Will he be a ST invitee? Inquiring minds want to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Levine's answers to some questions are so non-committal/non-informal/generic that it's just reinforcing my dislike for beat writers.

Texas might want Soriano with Garza, they could use the offense, but i think he might be expensive. O RLY?

Btw: I want Martin more than I want Olt from the Rangers.
    Wouldn't Garza/Soriano fetch Olt/Martin from Texas anyway?

vCash
    People are making a little too much of Schierholz as the "starting" RF'er. He's put up some fine splits against RHP recently and is a fairly decent defensive player. He'll be the starter only in name, not in practice, considering he'll probably see little-to-no run against LHP. You pair him with a Sappelt and you don't have a great RF, but you certainly have a very serviceable pair.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    People are making a little too much of Schierholz as the "starting" RF'er. He's put up some fine splits against RHP recently and is a fairly decent defensive player. He'll be the starter only in name, not in practice, considering he'll probably see little-to-no run against LHP. You pair him with a Sappelt and you don't have a great RF, but you certainly have a very serviceable pair.
    Agreed on his splits and in limited time no less. People often forget, a large part of his career stat line came in pitcher's parks too. Everyone talks about how much better Panda and Headley would be if they didn't play half their games in those ballparks, but don't mention that when they talk about Schierholtz. I loved the signing when it happened, great value pickup for 1 year $2.25 mil, and he's arb eligible next season IIRC.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast