Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Posting from my phone at an airport and having trouble looking up remaining options, but do we have anyone on the roster yet to log the odd inning at first?

EDIT: I thought possibly Brian Bogusevic, but it doesn't look like he's played first. The Cubs signed Brad Nelson to a minor league contract toward the end of December. Maybe Nelson?
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-24-2013 at 01:22 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Question: Any news about Darwin Barney working on his offensive approach this winter?

Bruce Levine: I was at a mini-camp that he was working at in November. He was working on pulling the ball a bit more. He's an incessant worker, always trying to get better.
    Stuff like this is why advanced stats are overrated. You can't quantify work ethic. Barney is so underrated around these parts.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Stuff like this is why advanced stats are overrated. You can't quantify work ethic. Barney is so underrated around these parts.
    Supposedly Marlon Byrd took a shining to Barney and they trained a bunch together.

vCash
    Did he get a hold of Marlon's PEDs too?
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash

We hear this garbage every year, and it has nothing to do with how well the player performs the next year. He's in the best shape of his life! He's rededicated himself to baseball!

vCash
    Did he get a hold of Marlon's PEDs too?
    Omelettes:

It's early Saturday in the Cubs clubhouse and Darwin Barney is looking at video of his swings on his iPad. He's just finished half of his cheese, sausage, and jalapeno omelette that Marlon Byrd brings him every day with a side of potatoes.

"I used to have a stomach thing, and I'd come in and feel like crap in the mornings," Barney said. "Marlon had his nutritionist in, and he said the two worst things to eat in the morning are wheat and dairy, and I'm eating a bowl of Cheerios. [Byrd] said, 'Do I need to bring you breakfast?'"

Byrd, 33, who has more than 3,200 big league at-bats, has been delivering an omelette to Barney, 25, who made his Major League debut last year, every day since that conversation. During this interview, Byrd even offered advice on how the infielder should answer questions.

"He's my mentor in all aspects of the game," Barney said.

He's not kidding. Barney's extra effort and devotion to Byrd could pay off with a spot on the Cubs' Opening Day roster.

vCash
    I don't think it's crazy to imagine Barney putting up a suprisingly strong offensive season this year. He's competent enough, has more power than he did, and has put up a full season with a much better BA/OBP just in 2011. Nothing crazy, but a league average OBP with 10 HRs, his D, base running, and grit (or is he too ethnic looking to have any?) would be a very valuable player at less than a million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    and grit (or is he too ethnic looking to have any?)

vCash
    Well-spoke Asians with normal-sounding names are honorary white.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Well-spoke Asians with normal-sounding names are honorary white.
    I would like to believe this but lesser players have gotten way more popular. Plus, his name's Darwin and ain't no one with that name with faith in the good lord.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    We hear this garbage every year, and it has nothing to do with how well the player performs the next year. He's in the best shape of his life! He's rededicated himself to baseball!
    Tyler Colvin? Worked out well for him. Of course, the Cubs dumped him for **** anyways because everyone needs a crappy, oft-injured 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    That's interesting. Might have to start taking tips from Marlon's nutritionist. I stopped eating breakfast because I would feel so bad afterwards.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    According to the Cubs, they have signed free agent C Jair Fernandez to a minor league contract. Same day they agreed to terms with Garza, avoiding arbitration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    According to the Cubs, they have signed free agent C Jair Fernandez to a minor league contract. Same day they agreed to terms with Garza, avoiding arbitration.
    Bye Bye Clevenger...kidding but maybe not so much!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Lendy DFA'd.

vCash
    Are you guys ever going to let the ****ing Tyler Colvin **** go? He was a painfully average outfielder.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm itching for opening day. I really can't tolerate this off-season anymore. It's fun for a while, but I'm ready to get to the fun part! Let's play some ball!

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast