Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Posey is a better hitting catcher but Molina behind the plate is a BEAST!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Cardinals choose Molina over Pujouls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    Cardinals choose Molina over Pujouls
    That was based more on age and money then performance or quality of the player.

vCash
    oh I absolutely agree, But when they re-signed Molina most speculated the Cardinals will not be able to re-sign Pujouls. That the Cardinals would rather have Molina at his dollars/years/age then Pujouls.

vCash
    Yeah, no doubt about that. Albert's contract is going to end up being an absolutely enormous ARod type disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Are we talking defensively or overall? Right now today, you take Posey because he's 5 years younger and rakes.
    I'm talking overall. Not even looking at age but right now.

Molina is a better overall catcher then Posey.

vCash
    I'm so bored with the off-season. Opening day cannot get here soon enough.

vCash
    It was nice of the real Theo Epstein to poke his head out and sign Edwin Jackson, but he must have seen his shadow because we got an entire remaining offseason of dead, quiet winter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It was nice of the real Theo Epstein to poke his head out and sign Edwin Jackson, but he must have seen his shadow because we got an entire remaining offseason of dead, quiet winter.
    Careful, you're dredging in BUD Bleachers waters here.

vCash
    But I'm booooored. This time last year, we had a Rizzo trade in our back pockets.

vCash
    Takes two to Tango we could have Upton but we have a smart GM. We might still end up with Upton...uf someone else does not pony up.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Excerpts from a chat with Bruce Levine:

Question: True/False-A healthy Matt Garza is the Cubs opening day starter.

Bruce Levine: True, with one caveat: that he's built up enough innings in spring training to successfully pitch in cold weather in Pittsburgh on April 1.

Question: Any news on Soriano? will he be traded?

Bruce Levine: The rumor is that the Phillies and Cubs are still talking about a deal, are just that -- rumors. The Cubs and Phillies have not talked about Soriano since Philadelphia traded Ben Revere in November.

Question: Bruce! Ian Stewart says he is now 100% healed and hasn't been 100% since 2010. Do you think we'll see the Ian Stewart that was a good player for Colorado or the one we've seen since 2010?

Bruce Levine: It's hard to say. He was not honest with the Cubs about his injury last year. Also, people in the organization wondered why he left the team after he went on the DL. Still, for some reason they brought him back. He does have the ability to hit a lot of home runs and play a decent third base if he is healthy and focused.

Question: With Dan Vogelbach losing over 40 pounds, is there a chance of the Cubs trying him out at 3rd or is he just trade bait?

Bruce Levine: He needs a couple more years in the minor leagues to worry about that. You can always find room for a quality hitter in your lineup. Left field is the DH of the National League.

Question: How much will the 300 million dollar renovation have affect on the payroll of future team payroll?

Bruce Levine: Absolutely zero. The Cubs will be getting a huge influx of local TV money over the net 5-7 years. They are already getting $500,000 per game for their CSN games. And with the WGN deal soon to expire, Comcast will more than likely try to pick up those games and get a renegotiated contract with both the Sox and Cubs.

Question: Any news on the Cubs trading for Rick Porcello?

Bruce Levine: It's just been a rumor over the last month. If Detroit was interested in any of the Cubs' relievers a deal could be worked out. So far that is not the case.

Question: Bruce, after being dodged by Crane K this past weekend, I felt that one way for this next generation of Cub fans to get to know these young guys is to have the ballpark open for Cubs batting practice, no better way to get up close with these new guys and become familliar with the new regime. Your thoughts on this?

Bruce Levine: Cubs have explored opening the ballpark earlier to accommodate fans for BP, but from a man power perspective they have deemed it as not feasible at this time. Cubs usually take BP more than three hours before gametime.

Question: Why is it Rooftop owners control what goes on around the ball park? Tunney and the city cave into them? This is insane!

Bruce Levine: The Cubs and the rooftop owners have a contract. The Cubs get 17% of the gross from the rooftops. The city also gets amusement taxes from the rooftops. The landmark status also makes it difficult for the Cubs to get things done, like signage etc.

Question: Who's gone first? Garza, Marmol or Soriano?

Bruce Levine: My guess is Marmol. Teams are going to realize early in spring training that they do not have enough bullpen pitching. Marmol has been a durable and mostly effective pitcher the last 5 years. Someone will take them up on his contract.

Question: Any news about Darwin Barney working on his offensive approach this winter?

Bruce Levine: I was at a mini-camp that he was working at in November. He was working on pulling the ball a bit more. He's an incessant worker, always trying to get better.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    It's nothing too exciting, but between Hairston, and potentially Navarro, Sappelt and Valbuena, the Cubs should net some plus value off the bench.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    yep, youre right.

its not too exciting.

valbuena and any synonym related to "exciting" don't really belong in the same sentence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    It's nothing too exciting, but between Hairston, and potentially Navarro, Sappelt and Valbuena, the Cubs should net some plus value off the bench.
    I'm not sold yet. The OF depth is nice. Navarro could just as easily be replacement level as anything. Valbuena is nice, but whoever the 6th infielder ends up being could easily drop a -2 WAR turd like Mather did last year.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast