Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oh it's so much more than Price. Vanderbilt has been the best school in the country to find pitching in the past ten years. Their training program for pitchers is lauded in every circle, even to the point where we the fan are clued into how highly regarded the program is. They are as public as any other program in the country about what they do with their pitchers and athletes as well, and you can find videos and articles on how they train.

They have pumped out two top 8 picks in a row, Sonny Gray, Grayson Garvin, Sam Selman and a good amount of others in just the past 5 years. Note that 4 of those names are left handers who can hit 93-94 (one sits at that speed), 3 of the 4 can/have hit 95, throws a really good changeup, and all are considered to be in very strong physical condition (not an injury in the bunch either).

This is as big a hire as they've made in the past year. This is a high end coaching talent in a position to revamp the entire way this organization trains and uses their pitchers. It might be, in the long run, the biggest hire this FO has made, even over the Rowson hire that I also considered huge.

The good thing about this FO is that this super long build seems to be going as well as could be reasonably hoped and the FO and coaching hires have come quickly and decisively. Things are moving fast, and have been since last August it seems.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 10-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    While I've been trying to explain to my fellow Cub fan that McNutt was the definition of prospect creep (boosting their tools and abilities due to strong performance in scouting reports) in 2010, giving him away would not be a good idea. The fact that he had some relevance as a prospect, and throws hard, is more incentive to keep him around than the majority of the pitchers in this system.
    Also his wife is super hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Oh it's so much more than Price. Vanderbilt has been the best school in the country to find pitching in the past ten years. Their training program for pitchers is lauded in every circle, even to the point where we the fan are clued into how highly regarded the program is. They are as public as any other program in the country about what they do with their pitchers and athletes as well, and you can find videos and articles on how they train.

They have pumped out two top 8 picks in a row, Sonny Gray, Grayson Garvin, Sam Selman and a good amount of others in just the past 5 years. Note that 4 of those names are left handers who can hit 93-94 (one sits at that speed), 3 of the 4 can/have hit 95, throws a really good changeup, and all are considered to be in very strong physical condition (not an injury in the bunch either).

This is as big a hire as they've made in the past year. This is a high end coaching talent in a position to revamp the entire way this organization trains and uses their pitchers. It might be, in the long run, the biggest hire this FO has made, even over the Rowson hire that I also considered huge.

The good thing about this FO is that this super long build seems to be going as well as could be reasonably hoped and the FO and coaching hires have come quickly and decisively. Things are moving fast, and have been since last August it seems.
    I knew it was more then Price but he was the first who came to mind. Either way this is a great hire.

vCash
    Well the offseason has now officially started. Rumors and news should start heating up any day now!

vCash
    Doug Padilla:

Darwin Barney named a Gold Glove finalist at 2B. Winners announced Tuesday live on ESPN2. Show starts at 8pm CST.
    The other Gold Glove finalists at second base are the Cincinnati Reds' Brandon Phillips and the Arizona Diamondbacks' Aaron Hill. Phillips has won the award in each of the past two seasons and three times in the past four years. Neither Barney nor Hill has won the award.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 10-29-2012 at 03:54 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    There's a show tied to the GG award now? Sounds worthwhile.

vCash
    Why no guestbook?

vCash
    Carrie Muskat:

Several of the Cubs prospects will be back in Mesa, Ariz., this week to take part in what’s become known as “Camp Bussy/Camp Jarrow” in honor of the team’s strength and conditioning coaches, Tim Buss and Doug Jarrow.
    Gordon Wittenmyer:

The Cubs also announced the promotion of Vijay Tekchandani from community affairs and projects coordinator to traveling secretary, replacing respected longtime traveling secretary Jimmy Bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Why no guestbook?
    Can't reliably add images while posting on phone.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    The multiple brown people in the Cubs FO is very promising to me. Indian people weren't and still for the most part aren't baseball people, but it's the 21st century and baseball is growing.

I think I was the only brown kid I ever saw playing baseball through college (stopped playing as a freshman THO). Never saw names pop up in FOs either until very recent years...mostly in the younger and/or more analytical FOs in the league of course.

vCash
    It is the off-season. I am happy. That is all.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    It is the off-season. I am happy. That is all.
    You forgot to add that still nobody likes you or even knows that you exist.

Now, that is all.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You forgot to add that still nobody likes you or even knows that you exist.

Now, that is all.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    I just took a 25 minute survey emailed to me by cubs.com. Ripped them pretty hard for ticket and concession prices for a ****** product. I probably just wasted 25 minutes of my time for something that will never be read by anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I just took a 25 minute survey emailed to me by cubs.com. Ripped them pretty hard for ticket and concession prices for a ****** product. I probably just wasted 25 minutes of my time for something that will never be read by anyone.
    Got that same email an hour ago.

Was going to do it, but when it said it will take 25 minutes to complete, I decided against it.

Screw that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Got that same email an hour ago.

Was going to do it, but when it said it will take 25 minutes to complete, I decided against it.

Screw that.
    The funny part is the contest for doing it is for a signed cubs baseball.....just give me free tickets *******s.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast