Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Jersey.
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    2 years!? gtfoh

    The biggest thing people like about Brook is his youth and we have had him for 4 years and in 4 years he has shown us what he is. He is a talented scorer. That is it. A talented scorer on a team that needs the exact opposite right now from the 5 position.

    We have offense. Lopez is not needed for offense as much as we need defense
    The other day, someone asked me if the Nuggets offered McGee straight up for Brook, would I do it? I'm still on the fence about it, both are talented in their own ways, but McGee might be better in this system. Apparently Karl isn't starting McGee because he prefers a more "fundamental" player at the starting spot in Kosta Koufos. Would you (hypothetically) accept the offer?

    MAR$WAG BROOKS

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    The other day, someone asked me if the Nuggets offered McGee straight up for Brook, would I do it? I'm still on the fence about it, both are talented in their own ways, but McGee might be better in this system. Apparently Karl isn't starting McGee because he prefers a more "fundamental" player at the starting spot in Kosta Koufos. Would you (hypothetically) accept the offer?
    Hell no. If Brook Lopez has zero basketball iq then McGee has negative basketball iq. That kid is dumb and is not good defensively. He is athletic and uses that to get blocks but his defensive awareness is just as bad as Brook.

    Few players i would consider trading Brook for and for some it would only be if we get something else. For example i would trade Brook for Asik. Asik would give us exactly what we lack in the middle. He is tough and elite defensively. However Brook would have higher value than him with a bounce back season, so i would try to fleece HOU and get Dontas Motiejunas or Terrence Jones thrown in.

    Another one is Noah but again with a bounce back season i expect Brook to a lot of value so maybe getting the Charlotte pick thrown in or a young player they have maybe or even Deng.

    Cousins is my biggest dream because while he does not provide the defense that Asik or Noah would, he is tough and no slouch defensively. He is at least solid on D and has a mean streak which i love about him. He is talented offensively as well. So he would impact us much more than any of the mentioned players because he would fill in offensively for Brook with much better D and tougher mentality. Cousins however is a dream. We passed on him on the draft and he took exception to it so i doubt he would ever demand a trade here or be happy to come here. Moreover the only way Sacramento trades him is if he starts acting up.

    Some other options include Nene and Okafor but i do not think they are worth losing Brook.

    It depends much on how Brook plays. If he puts up stats there WILL be interest. Anything close to 20 and 10 and we can sell high and get a lot in return.

    I doubt the Nets do it though. They seem infatuated with Brook and not intelligent enough to trade him for anyone short of a star.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 10-29-2012 at 05:08 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    heck no to javale mcgee, only player i trade brook for is dwight howard

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    yes 2 years, he has never been able to play with this much talent on the team

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    heck no to javale mcgee, only player i trade brook for is dwight howard
    and that is why i cannot take you seriously. That and because you seem to have issues using the reply button which annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

    BTW in 2 years Crash will be on the decline and who knows who will still be healthy on this team. There IS no tomorrow for this team and they did not build this team to wait for Brook Lopez to grow balls in two years so the can win.

    The time is now and Lopez does not fit this team the way they built it. We need an elite defender in the middle.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 10-29-2012 at 07:44 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    872
    vCash
    1500
    We have no bigs that have proven that they can give us good minutes and anchor our defense. The Nets need that to increase their chances to get a ring. What we need is at least one big that could demand a double team on occations and one big that owns the paint on defense. Blatche makes things very interesting if he can be consistant. I just have a feeling Brooks is going to be shooting at a very high percentage this year and get 'bout 7.5 RB a game and create oppertunities for DW, JJ, GW, and company that will not be there if he was not there. I agree with you Chill, but I am worried 'bout our offense down low. No one can create on this team, bigs wise, like Lopez does. I can actually see Hou pulling the trigger on that deal; however, who would you put next to Asik and still remain competive down low and take pressure off our back court, preferably someone on our current roster to make this more realistic. I feel both of this can be an equal roadblock in contending.
    Last edited by Ballin-Shhhh; 10-30-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Ballin-

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500

    ok

    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    and that is why i cannot take you seriously. That and because you seem to have issues using the reply button which annoys the hell out of me for some reason.

    BTW in 2 years Crash will be on the decline and who knows who will still be healthy on this team. There IS no tomorrow for this team and they did not build this team to wait for Brook Lopez to grow balls in two years so the can win.

    The time is now and Lopez does not fit this team the way they built it. We need an elite defender in the middle.

    why are you so anti lopez? who out there is elite that we are going to even get?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,361
    vCash
    1500
    the thing about asik is, he is the anti lopez, even worse. calling him elite is a little far off, the man has averaged a quarter of pt in the nba. and when asik comes, backcourt is the only consistent scoring option.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    humphries and asik , yikes

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    the thing about asik is, he is the anti lopez, even worse. calling him elite is a little far off, the man has averaged a quarter of pt in the nba. and when asik comes, backcourt is the only consistent scoring option.
    Never said Asik is an elite player. I said he is elite defensively. I prefer what he brings defensively to what Brook brings offensively. Also Asik is no scrub on offense. His offense is coming along.

    Ill take 12 and 10 with elite defense vs 18 and 8 with putrid defense on this team


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    We have no bigs that have proven that they can give us good minutes and anchor our defense. The Nets need that to increase their chances to get a ring. What we need is at least one big that could demand a double team on occations and one big that owns the paint on defense. Blatche makes things very interesting if he can be consistant. I just have a feeling Brooks is going to be shooting at a very high percentage this year and get 'bout 7.5 RB a game and create oppertunities for DW, JJ, GW, and company that will not be there if he was not there. I agree with you Chill, but I am worried 'bout our offense down low. No one can create on this team, bigs wise, like Lopez does. I can actually see Hou pulling the trigger on that deal; however, who would you put next to Asik and still remain competive down low and take pressure off our back court, preferably someone on our current roster to make this more realistic. I feel both of this can be an equal roadblock in contending.
    Blatche can create for himself down low quite well. He is fast with good footwork and nice touch.

    Also is we were to trade Brook for a defensive guy we would probably be looking for a guy to put next to him like JSmooth or Aldridge


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Camden NJ
    Posts
    8,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    why are you so anti lopez? who out there is elite that we are going to even get?
    Not anti Lopez. I love the kid a lot. Just hate his softness and his bad defense. I do not get attached to players though. I like seeing my team win. We will not win with Lopez. You cannot teach toughness and i cannot remember a team that has ever won the title with a soft frontline like ours.

    Humphries, Lopez, Blatche, and Teletovic ... Yikes.

    That is as soft a group of bigs as i have ever seen.

    2012 Heat- Haslem
    2011 Mavs- Chandler
    2010 Lakers- Bynum
    2009 Lakers- Bynum
    2008 Celtics- KG, Perkins
    2007 Spurs- Duncan
    2006 Heat- Shaq
    2005 Spurs- Duncan
    2004 Pistons- Wallace

    I could go on. With the exception of maybe the Heat (although i consider Haslem to be a very tough player and Bosh too) every team that has won a title in the last decade has had some sort of toughness in their front line.

    We lack that. We would have to play Wallace at the 4 to have any form of toughness in there and he is undersized.

    We need a guy down there that is not afraid to draw the charge and take the hard foul and be the enforcer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500

    nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Not anti Lopez. I love the kid a lot. Just hate his softness and his bad defense. I do not get attached to players though. I like seeing my team win. We will not win with Lopez. You cannot teach toughness and i cannot remember a team that has ever won the title with a soft frontline like ours.

    Humphries, Lopez, Blatche, and Teletovic ... Yikes.

    That is as soft a group of bigs as i have ever seen.

    2012 Heat- Haslem
    2011 Mavs- Chandler
    2010 Lakers- Bynum
    2009 Lakers- Bynum
    2008 Celtics- KG, Perkins
    2007 Spurs- Duncan
    2006 Heat- Shaq
    2005 Spurs- Duncan
    2004 Pistons- Wallace

    I could go on. With the exception of maybe the Heat (although i consider Haslem to be a very tough player and Bosh too) every team that has won a title in the last decade has had some sort of toughness in their front line.

    We lack that. We would have to play Wallace at the 4 to have any form of toughness in there and he is undersized.

    We need a guy down there that is not afraid to draw the charge and take the hard foul and be the enforcer.
    we should see how humps and lopez does after 2 years here whether to keep or not

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    872
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Blatche can create for himself down low quite well. He is fast with good footwork and nice touch.

    Also is we were to trade Brook for a defensive guy we would probably be looking for a guy to put next to him like JSmooth or Aldridge
    I could buy into something like that. I am not sold on Blatche yet as a go too guy on offense though.
    Ballin-

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    326
    vCash
    1500
    Okafor?

    I think we could get him for relatively cheap. He plays the 4 and 5 well. really good defender and rebounder. I think he would fit whit us nicely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •