Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I hope this place picks up during the season, its kinda dead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I hope this place picks up during the season, its kinda dead.
    seriously, i saw more activity the past few years when you guys were horrible, now you have a good team and its dead...lol.

Huge mistake by BK trading that #6 pick, Harrison Barnes is a stud and might end up being better than Wallace as soon as this year at 1/5th the cost. I feel he's a better fit too, BK needs more of a scoring SF, Wallace at this point in his career is more of a rebounding SF, his offense seems in serious decline.

Giving up the #6 pick to pay a 30 year old declining sf $40m that you could have signed anyway still baffles me.

vCash
    I was at the game last night and what i learned is that the kid, Tyshawn can play...its gonna be very hard to find him minutes. Kind of pissed we wont see him at all but i saw deron mentoring him a lot. Our defense is so inconsistent, the beginning we looked like the best defensive team in the league and then it all just disappeared where people were missing their assignments a lot. Also Blatche is gonna be our "Johan Petro" this year..he is the laziest **** i have ever seen. He walks up and down the court at times while, he has a boatload of potential but he puts it to waste and he never looks to pass the ball no matter what. He tries to score between 3 defenders and the word pass never crosses his mind. Gerald Wallace looked awful but then started to pick it up. He played amazing defense on melo in the beginning. Nets played good and in my opinion we will beat them come thursday night. We have a deeper roster that is the bottom line, im worried about our bench defense going up against Copland..I know he was a D league player but that guy looks like he will cut up our defense especially when him and Novak are on the floor together. IF Blatche has his head in the game and not up his ***., we should win by 6 to 8 points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    seriously, i saw more activity the past few years when you guys were horrible, now you have a good team and its dead...lol.

Huge mistake by BK trading that #6 pick, Harrison Barnes is a stud and might end up being better than Wallace as soon as this year at 1/5th the cost. I feel he's a better fit too, BK needs more of a scoring SF, Wallace at this point in his career is more of a rebounding SF, his offense seems in serious decline.

Giving up the #6 pick to pay a 30 year old declining sf $40m that you could have signed anyway still baffles me.
    Had the Nets not brought in G-Force, there is seriously a good chance Deron Williams would be the starting point guard for the Mavericks right about now. I was a critic of the deal when it was made, but looking back on it, had the Nets not done that deal, they wouldn't have the money to go after a quality 3 after they traded for Johnson. Trading for Crash gave the Nets his BR, enabling them to offer him the contract they did. Barnes is a nice prospect, but what for what the Nets are trying to do, and what they're trying to be about, Gerald is the best option.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Tyshawn Taylor looks like a stud, loved him on the Jayhawks.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    it was not a mistake trading for gerald wallace, he is more established and better overall than barnes, dwill wants veterans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

[

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Had the Nets not brought in G-Force, there is seriously a good chance Deron Williams would be the starting point guard for the Mavericks right about now. I was a critic of the deal when it was made, but looking back on it, had the Nets not done that deal, they wouldn't have the money to go after a quality 3 after they traded for Johnson. Trading for Crash gave the Nets his BR, enabling them to offer him the contract they did. Barnes is a nice prospect, but what for what the Nets are trying to do, and what they're trying to be about, Gerald is the best option.
    This. Wallace trade HAD to be done. Bill King did his job in ensuring we opened up Brooklyn with a winning team. I have absolutely no problems with how King performed this off season. Some better protections on that pick would have been nice and probably landed us Dwight but all the same King did pretty well with the hand he was dealt.
    Last edited by Chill_Will_24; 10-26-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    we needed a vet presence. he can teach tough D hopefully. we already have our project in marshon
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash

Is that right?

Perhaps you'd care to share with us all what you mean by "win"? Is it 1 game or the NBA championship or perhaps it's some undefined # you have decided on your own and we should defer to your opinion on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    Lopez 26 minutes and 1 rebound and his usual atrocious defense.

We will not win as long as Lopez is out starting C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    Perhaps you'd care to share with us all what you mean by "win"? Is it 1 game or the NBA championship or perhaps it's some undefined # you have decided on your own and we should defer to your opinion on this?
    We will not contend. Clear enough. Lopez is not the C that this team needs as currently constructed. Only a fool would fail to see that.

Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    well lopez is here for 4 years , who exactly are we going to get ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    well lopez is here for 4 years , who exactly are we going to get ?
    Nobody. I was not implying we could get anyone better. I was replying to someone.

Lopez is so bad on D that it negates any advantage he may give us on offense.

To answer your question however i think there will be suitors for Lopez and i believe his value will be high as a talented post scoring 7fter.

My bet is on HOU who seems to be making moves and wanted Gasol for so long. They might view Lopez as an upgrade over Asik on their team. A high scoring talented C to take the scoring load off of Harden.

vCash
    lets wait 2 years before we start considering trading lopez, who we getting from houston for lopez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    lets wait 2 years before we start considering trading lopez, who we getting from houston for lopez?
    2 years!? gtfoh

The biggest thing people like about Brook is his youth and we have had him for 4 years and in 4 years he has shown us what he is. He is a talented scorer. That is it. A talented scorer on a team that needs the exact opposite right now from the 5 position.

We have offense. Lopez is not needed for offense as much as we need defense

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast