Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

UPDATED: PFF ranks O-Lines, Falcons 20th

12. Atlanta Falcons

Pass Blocking = 22nd, Run Blocking = 9th, Penalty Rank = 2nd

They haven’t made life easy for Matt Ryan, but their discipline has been a big part of not putting the offense in unfavorable situations. While no one has stood out, the entire line has graded positively. Solid.
    ProFootballFocus.com

1. Niners
    2. Chiefs
    3. Vikings
    4. Saints
    5. Lions
    6. Broncos
    7. Patriots
    8. Bengals
    9. Bills
    10. Browns

vCash
    9th for run blocking? I would think much lower, unless Turner truly is that awful and I'm blaming the line too much.

vCash
    Probably so. I brought up their problems with outside runs in that other thread (plus the screenshot of Turner at the goal line), so it could be the OL is doing their job for the most part and MT/JR/JS just don't have the speed and agility to get it done.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Probably so. I brought up their problems with outside runs in that other thread (plus the screenshot of Turner at the goal line), so it could be the OL is doing their job for the most part and MT/JR/JS just don't have the speed and agility to get it done.
    I would have to say that is the most part. Not of those guys have the speed to get to the hole. MT literally has no burst unless he has a huge wide open hole I could run through. JR ImO doesnt have very good vision. I be seeing him not cutting back when the chances arrive and sometimes when he does, he also doesnt have the speed to get there before the lane closes. Also, i never really thought much of snelling.

vCash
    I love Snelling. I wish he would get more reps because he can't be worse than Turner. He shone in his limited time getting a significant amount of carries.

vCash
    I would love Snelling to get more touches, but sadly he is still a between the tackles runner. We need to get rid of Turner for someone who can run to any hole. 'Quizz and Snelling are awesome role players but we need someone to carry 50-55% of balls and then let Snelling get 30% of carries and 'Quizz pick up the rest and then most of the receptions.

vCash
    The fact that Turner's numbers on outside runs are so terrible yet his overall numbers look solid (4.3 YPC) tells me the O-Line is doing just fine as a power running team with him running behind the center and guards so far. Turner straight-ahead for 4-5-6 yards is working -- the other stuff is not. As I said in the other thread, it just seems like a personnel/playcalling issue. They are asking him to do things he simply cannot do, and Rodgers and Snelling aren't built for it either. Those two have combined for 88 yards on 37 runs this season... that's 2.4 YPC, folks. During the preseason, I favored them getting Antone Smith involved because he should know the system by now and showed some decent speed getting outside, unless they plan on making a deadline deal for a real change of pace back.

vCash
    The fact that Turner's numbers on outside runs are so terrible yet his overall numbers look solid (4.3 YPC) tells me the O-Line is doing just fine as a power running team with him running behind the center and guards so far. Turner straight-ahead for 4-5-6 yards is working -- the other stuff is not. As I said in the other thread, it just seems like a personnel/playcalling issue. They are asking him to do things he simply cannot do, and Rodgers and Snelling aren't built for it either. Those two have combined for 88 yards on 37 runs this season... that's 2.4 YPC, folks. During the preseason, I favored them getting Antone Smith involved because he should know the system by now and showed some decent speed getting outside, unless they plan on making a deadline deal for a real change of pace back.
    Know of any backs who may be available?

vCash
    ^Nope, if you're talking about a deadline deal. The only one we've talked about in here was Ivory but the Saints said yesterday he wasn't going anywhere. I doubt they would deal him to their top rival anyway but he's a FA in 2013.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-26-2012 at 01:44 AM.

vCash
    Let's get Tebow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Let's get Tebow!
    Please be joking lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    Please be joking lol
    Mostly

vCash
    ProFootballFocus.com

1. Niners
    2. Chiefs
    3. Vikings
    4. Saints
    5. Lions
    6. Broncos
    7. Patriots
    8. Bengals
    9. Bills
    10. Browns
    This makes me suspect anything that may be used as a bench mark. They don't get a big push when running and are useually running against a 6 man front, with safties 2 deep and still can only get 3-5 yards per carry.

The line also can't hold a block any longer than 2 seconds so Stafford is throwing off his back feet just about every play. So curious what they used as stats that make up a "good" line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Mostly
    Lol

vCash
    20. Atlanta Falcons (12th)

PB = 24th, RB = 21st and PEN = 1st

Part of why Matt Ryan is having an MVP year is that hes handling pressure and overcoming a line that isnt making running the ball all that viable. For years now the Falcons have been a team that have beat up on weaker fronts, but if their effort against New Orleans is anything to go by, even those days are behind them. But hey, they rarely give up penalties.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...k-10-update/2/

You'll notice many other MVP candidates (Peyton, AD, Rodgers, Brady, etc) have O-Lines ranked near the top of this list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast