Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500

    UPDATED: PFF ranks O-Lines, Falcons 20th

    12. Atlanta Falcons

    Pass Blocking = 22nd, Run Blocking = 9th, Penalty Rank = 2nd

    They haven’t made life easy for Matt Ryan, but their discipline has been a big part of not putting the offense in unfavorable situations. While no one has stood out, the entire line has graded positively. Solid.
    ProFootballFocus.com

    1. Niners
    2. Chiefs
    3. Vikings
    4. Saints
    5. Lions
    6. Broncos
    7. Patriots
    8. Bengals
    9. Bills
    10. Browns

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,535
    vCash
    0
    9th for run blocking? I would think much lower, unless Turner truly is that awful and I'm blaming the line too much.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Probably so. I brought up their problems with outside runs in that other thread (plus the screenshot of Turner at the goal line), so it could be the OL is doing their job for the most part and MT/JR/JS just don't have the speed and agility to get it done.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Probably so. I brought up their problems with outside runs in that other thread (plus the screenshot of Turner at the goal line), so it could be the OL is doing their job for the most part and MT/JR/JS just don't have the speed and agility to get it done.
    I would have to say that is the most part. Not of those guys have the speed to get to the hole. MT literally has no burst unless he has a huge wide open hole I could run through. JR ImO doesnt have very good vision. I be seeing him not cutting back when the chances arrive and sometimes when he does, he also doesnt have the speed to get there before the lane closes. Also, i never really thought much of snelling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    21,732
    vCash
    1500
    I love Snelling. I wish he would get more reps because he can't be worse than Turner. He shone in his limited time getting a significant amount of carries.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,535
    vCash
    0
    I would love Snelling to get more touches, but sadly he is still a between the tackles runner. We need to get rid of Turner for someone who can run to any hole. 'Quizz and Snelling are awesome role players but we need someone to carry 50-55% of balls and then let Snelling get 30% of carries and 'Quizz pick up the rest and then most of the receptions.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    The fact that Turner's numbers on outside runs are so terrible yet his overall numbers look solid (4.3 YPC) tells me the O-Line is doing just fine as a power running team with him running behind the center and guards so far. Turner straight-ahead for 4-5-6 yards is working -- the other stuff is not. As I said in the other thread, it just seems like a personnel/playcalling issue. They are asking him to do things he simply cannot do, and Rodgers and Snelling aren't built for it either. Those two have combined for 88 yards on 37 runs this season... that's 2.4 YPC, folks. During the preseason, I favored them getting Antone Smith involved because he should know the system by now and showed some decent speed getting outside, unless they plan on making a deadline deal for a real change of pace back.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    The fact that Turner's numbers on outside runs are so terrible yet his overall numbers look solid (4.3 YPC) tells me the O-Line is doing just fine as a power running team with him running behind the center and guards so far. Turner straight-ahead for 4-5-6 yards is working -- the other stuff is not. As I said in the other thread, it just seems like a personnel/playcalling issue. They are asking him to do things he simply cannot do, and Rodgers and Snelling aren't built for it either. Those two have combined for 88 yards on 37 runs this season... that's 2.4 YPC, folks. During the preseason, I favored them getting Antone Smith involved because he should know the system by now and showed some decent speed getting outside, unless they plan on making a deadline deal for a real change of pace back.
    Know of any backs who may be available?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    ^Nope, if you're talking about a deadline deal. The only one we've talked about in here was Ivory but the Saints said yesterday he wasn't going anywhere. I doubt they would deal him to their top rival anyway but he's a FA in 2013.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-26-2012 at 01:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,535
    vCash
    0
    Let's get Tebow!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Let's get Tebow!
    Please be joking lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,535
    vCash
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279 View Post
    Please be joking lol
    Mostly




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ProFootballFocus.com

    1. Niners
    2. Chiefs
    3. Vikings
    4. Saints
    5. Lions
    6. Broncos
    7. Patriots
    8. Bengals
    9. Bills
    10. Browns
    This makes me suspect anything that may be used as a bench mark. They don't get a big push when running and are useually running against a 6 man front, with safties 2 deep and still can only get 3-5 yards per carry.

    The line also can't hold a block any longer than 2 seconds so Stafford is throwing off his back feet just about every play. So curious what they used as stats that make up a "good" line.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houma, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Mostly
    Lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    20. Atlanta Falcons (12th)

    PB = 24th, RB = 21st and PEN = 1st


    Part of why Matt Ryan is having an MVP year is that hes handling pressure and overcoming a line that isnt making running the ball all that viable. For years now the Falcons have been a team that have beat up on weaker fronts, but if their effort against New Orleans is anything to go by, even those days are behind them. But hey, they rarely give up penalties.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...k-10-update/2/

    You'll notice many other MVP candidates (Peyton, AD, Rodgers, Brady, etc) have O-Lines ranked near the top of this list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •