Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Please tell what they would have gotten for him?

Me personally, I loved watching Reyes win the batting championship.
    A prospect better than Plawecki that is also closer to the big leagues.

Who cares about the batting title? I didn't enjoy watching Reyes take himself out of the game and never playing another game in a Met uniform.

vCash
    I understand that you live in a world where everyone rides ponies, eats rainbows and poops butterflies, but the reality is that the owners put the kabosh on spending, so Reyes and Beltran fluttered off to different pastures.
    Reyes is making $10MM this season and next, are you telling me we couldn't afford that? That is BS. Reyes's contract would have went up when we had money off the books in 2014. Rauch and Francisco make about $10MM this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Pagan is not a role player and his poor baseball IQ is harshly overstated. He's definitely not the mule Pinella managed in 2006-2007. His WAR was 4.8 this year extremely close to the 5.4 WAR he put up in 2010 with us. 2011 was a down season and the Mets sold low because he supposedly "wasn't liked in the clubhouse" and "we needed to move him."

Bottom line, with him, Reyes, Beltran and K-Rod, we would have been very close to the wild card and we might have even gotten it. All those times we lost to the Nationals this year would not have happened imo.
    And the payroll would have been what exactly?
    And Pagan's OPS was below the major league average last year. Did that warrant a 4.8 million dollar paycheck?

This franchise with theses players have accomplished squat since 2006 and now all of a sudden they were just going to click. Sometimes you have to restart. And that's the bottom line.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    A prospect better than Plawecki that is also closer to the big leagues.

Who cares about the batting title? I didn't enjoy watching Reyes take himself out of the game and never playing another game in a Met uniform.
    Give me a name.
    Because right now Plawecki is the best catching prospect this franchise has. That's right you wanted Joey Gallo, my mistake.

I love watching the game of baseball, and I love watching Jose Reyes play.

Oh by the way this team is going to suck next year, but I will love watching Harvey and Wheeler pitch. Give me a little Dickey once in a while and I will be a happy man.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Reyes is making $10MM this season and next, are you telling me we couldn't afford that? That is BS. Reyes's contract would have went up when we had money off the books in 2014. Rauch and Francisco make about $10MM this season.
    Very true. They chose two scrub relievers over a premier everyday position player. In my book that's a horrible business decision. Maybe it's just me but I don't think fans really came to the ballpark to see Rauch or Francisco pitch and the attendance shows that.

vCash
    Are you seriously asking me that question?

What about the last 3 years in his contract when he's making 22 million?

The owners have limited spending. end of line.
    What is so hard to understand about that?

vCash
    And the payroll would have been what exactly?
    And Pagan's OPS was below the major league average last year. Did that warrant a 4.8 million dollar paycheck?

This franchise with theses players have accomplished squat since 2006 and now all of a sudden they were just going to click. Sometimes you have to restart. And that's the bottom line.
    That's not my concern, those moves were not baseball decisions, they were money decisions. Beltran and K-Rod wouldn't have been able to come back, but Reyes and Pagan definitely could have.

Like I said, Pagan had a down season in which his BABIP dropped unexpectedly while all of his hitting peripherals improved. It was a simple case of bad luck in his case and he bounced back as expected by the Giants this year and they in the World Series again. That is how you run a franchise. You don't sell low on your players, EVER.

If we kept the same squad, we very well might have clicked with the seasons Wright, Dickey, and Niese were having. Not to mention Beltran's big bat would have been in the line-up again with Reyes and Pagan having good seasons. The starting pitching was so much better this year.

If the Mets were going to restart, they should have traded Reyes and trade Wright/Dickey this off-season.

vCash
    Are you seriously asking me that question?

What about the last 3 years in his contract when he's making 22 million?

The owners have limited spending. end of line.
    What is so hard to understand about that?
    Who cares? If they can't handle a $140MM payroll by 2015, they need to GTFO out of NY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Very true. They chose two scrub relievers over a premier everyday position player. In my book that's a horrible business decision. Maybe it's just me but I don't think fans really came to the ballpark to see Rauch or Francisco pitch and the attendance shows that.
    Rauch pitched well posting a WHIP under 1.

vCash
    That's not my concern, those moves were not baseball decisions, they were money decisions. Beltran and K-Rod wouldn't have been able to come back, but Reyes and Pagan definitely could have.

Like I said, Pagan had a down season in which his BABIP dropped unexpectedly while all of his hitting peripherals improved. It was a simple case of bad luck in his case and he bounced back as expected by the Giants this year and they in the World Series again. That is how you run a franchise. You don't sell low on your players, EVER.

If we kept the same squad, we very well might have clicked with the seasons Wright, Dickey, and Niese were having. Not to mention Beltran's big bat would have been in the line-up again with Reyes and Pagan having good seasons. The starting pitching was so much better this year.

If the Mets were going to restart, they should have traded Reyes and trade Wright/Dickey this off-season.
    I have to say that morale is low with this franchise and the things that Beltran and Pagan did with their respective teams wouldn't have occurred with this one. Is it any coincidence when the Mets either trade a player or let them walk because in their mind they can't produce or stay healthy anymore they go to another team and help them win? This organization is porly run and the baseball decisions made are atrocious.

vCash
    Give me a name.
    Because right now Plawecki is the best catching prospect this franchise has. That's right you wanted Joey Gallo, my mistake.

I love watching the game of baseball, and I love watching Jose Reyes play.

Oh by the way this team is going to suck next year, but I will love watching Harvey and Wheeler pitch. Give me a little Dickey once in a while and I will be a happy man.
    Billy Hamilton, Cozart, or Grandal. Segura, Richards, or Cowart. Wheeler or Gary Brown. Maybe Wily Peralta.

If we traded Reyes to the Giants, we could have dealt Beltran somewhere else and still got a nice prospect though not as good as Wheeler obviously.

vCash

vCash
    And Reyes ends up playing 160 games. It's the first time he has played in at least 159 or more since 2008. So much for his health not holding up and I bought the Kool-Aid.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 10-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Much more valuable than an everyday shortstop.

vCash
    Who cares? If they can't handle a $140MM payroll by 2015, they need to GTFO out of NY
    Why?
    Who is going to make them?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast