Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 306
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500
    We have no idea how Pagan affected the rest of the team in terms of chemistry. We have no idea how the current crop plays or acts. We simply see the whats on the field. The movie about Mickey Mantle showed us an entirely different side to Mantle on partying and insecurities. Ike may have stayed out too late and thats what was hurting his hitting. Who knows. Obviously the Mets knew more about Pagan and felt it was in the best interest to part company. That said, my personality is affected by those around me. Maybe the team makeup isn't strong enough to carry the player. A good example could be the Marlins and they're explosion. 25 different pieces doesn't make a team.
    " You seek Yoda!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,122
    vCash
    1500
    I always thought they traded Pagan because he had the Baseball IQ of a turtle.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    I am sorry, would Pagan swapped with Torres have meant a playoff birth for the Mets this year? Really? No...then so what.

    Dumbest argument in sports.

    By definition then there's no point signing any player unless they guarantee the WS.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I always thought they traded Pagan because he had the Baseball IQ of a turtle.
    And got back someone with the baseball ability of a turtle, i'll take the talented player thanks.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    He was probably sick and tired of playing for a club going nowhere fast for owners who don't give a crap about baseball and have no intention of improving the team for years.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    And got back someone with the baseball ability of a turtle, i'll take the talented player thanks.
    I would rather not have either one, thanks.
    Last edited by Claymation; 10-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,812
    vCash
    1500
    I would like to still have Pagan but revisiting the trade it should have benefitted us. Ramirez was the main part of the trade. Torres was taken to fill Kirks role until he was ready.

    So if Kirk played decent all year and Ramirez pitched like he had the past few years nobody would be complaining about this trade.

    It just so happens that Kirk was unable to make adjustments when pitchers figured him out and Ramirez had an awful year. The ladder could not have been predicted as he had been consistant in the past.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I would like to still have Pagan but revisiting the trade it should have benefitted us. Ramirez was the main part of the trade. Torres was taken to fill Kirks role until he was ready.

    So if Kirk played decent all year and Ramirez pitched like he had the past few years nobody would be complaining about this trade.

    It just so happens that Kirk was unable to make adjustments when pitchers figured him out and Ramirez had an awful year. The ladder could not have been predicted as he had been consistant in the past.
    He's a free agent this off season.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    697
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koobs View Post
    If that was a smear, it was the tamest smear I have ever seen. And that’s my point. There was nothing that bad in the article. I can’t see how anyone reading it could come away with the impression that Pagan was a “bad egg”, a bad guy, a clubhouse cancer, whatever. If they truly wanted to smear him, I would think they would’ve come up with something stronger than he likes to hang with his Ipad before games.


    I’ve noticed lots of things. And I am certainly no great fan of the Wilpons.

    But neither do I think they are the Anti-Christ.

    I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
    We don't think they're the anti-Christ .. we just think they're incompetent, cynical weasels. They put a bad product on the field and send out questionnaires asking how we like the food or would we like a free trinket .. I mean, jeez.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I would rather not have either one, thanks.

    Then it's unlucky you're a Mets fan.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I would like to still have Pagan but revisiting the trade it should have benefitted us. Ramirez was the main part of the trade. Torres was taken to fill Kirks role until he was ready.

    So if Kirk played decent all year and Ramirez pitched like he had the past few years nobody would be complaining about this trade.

    It just so happens that Kirk was unable to make adjustments when pitchers figured him out and Ramirez had an awful year.
    The ladder could not have been predicted as he had been consistant in the past.

    Yeah but they didn't so it was a bad trade and another fail by Alderson. Why would anyone be surprised that a young hitter quickly gets figured out? it has happened endless times before.

    What?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hill Valley, 1985.
    Posts
    7,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    We don't think they're the anti-Christ .. we just think they're incompetent, cynical weasels. They put a bad product on the field and send out questionnaires asking how we like the food or would we like a free trinket .. I mean, jeez.


    In baseball ownership terms, they are the anti-christ. Worst owners in baseball.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,122
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Yeah but they didn't so it was a bad trade and another fail by Alderson. Why would anyone be surprised that a young hitter quickly gets figured out? it has happened endless times before.

    What?
    What were all of his fails?


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,458
    vCash
    1500
    Carrasco, Francisco, Paulino, Torres, Ramirez, Reyes situation, K-Rod deal, etc.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    We don't think they're the anti-Christ .. we just think they're incompetent, cynical weasels. They put a bad product on the field and send out questionnaires asking how we like the food or would we like a free trinket .. I mean, jeez.
    Speak for yourself.

    Who else but the Anti Christ could ponder keeping Andres Torres while considering dealing RA Dickey?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPViu...eature=related
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •