Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If that's the reason why they dealed him, they are ****ing ********. Looking back on the deal, we really sold low on him. Also calling someone who is dyhydrated soft is so immature, you can easily catch a cramp when you are dyhydrated, especially for a fast CF.
    If their reasoning for trading him for an injured, ancient outfielder is because he had cramps and was moody then there will never be women playing MLB baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    If their reasoning for trading him for an injured, ancient outfielder is because he had cramps and was moody then there will never be women playing MLB baseball.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZMO8jhbwg

vCash
    I hate passive-aggressive types. Hate 'em. And this "story" comes from a passive-aggressive mentality. Mets management makes a piss-poor trade and a year later they smear the guy they traded. Jesus .. wish they would either man-up or get the hell out of here.

And of course I don't see them doing either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    I hate passive-aggressive types. Hate 'em. And this "story" comes from a passive-aggressive mentality. Mets management makes a piss-poor trade and a year later they smear the guy they traded. Jesus .. wish they would either man-up or get the hell out of here.

And of course I don't see them doing either.
    You're exactly right and that's why this organization WILL NEVER win another championship as long as these owners are in control. Just total disrespect for any player who leaves and proves they are not close to ever becoming a first class organization. They smeared Beltran, Reyes, Pagan, Delgado, Hampton, Wagner and I am pretty sure when Wright goes bye bye the same garbage will be spewed about him. Now if they start bad mouthing Dickey there is absolutely no defending them whatsoever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I wish we could sign Doris to get some protection for Ike in the lineup.

vCash
    I wish we could sign Doris to get some protection for Ike in the lineup.

vCash
    You're exactly right and that's why this organization WILL NEVER win another championship as long as these owners are in control. Just total disrespect for any player who leaves and proves they are not close to ever becoming a first class organization. They smeared Beltran, Reyes, Pagan, Delgado, Hampton, Wagner and I am pretty sure when Wright goes bye bye the same garbage will be spewed about him. Now if they start bad mouthing Dickey there is absolutely no defending them whatsoever.
    True. Well put, and sadly true.

vCash
    The main return piece in the Pagan deal was Ramirez not Torres. Ramirez was the big bust. He was a very good reliever for a couple years (something the Mets needed) but it didn't work out for him this year. And I don't see any of this as a "smear" campaign against Pagan now that he's gone. Nothing said here was really outlandish nor is it anything "new"...the quotes from the teammates are old and it was talked about plenty last year that the Mets weren't too happy with Pagan.

And the end of the day the deal has worked out much better for the Giants than the Mets. And good for Pagan having a bounceback year. But I think its off base to make this anything about the "character" of the Mets organization. If ownership was more indirectly through the fact that the Mets had limited money and already not being thrilled with Pagan, Sandy and company probably didnt want to allocate what little money they did have for him.

vCash
    What are the examples of them smearing those guys after they left??

Idiotic comments were made by Fred about Beltran while he was here...but I don't remember much of anything negative or any "smear" campaigns by ownership about any of those guys after they left. The only thing that I recall was Sandy making the "chocolate" jokes and whatnot about Reyes...but that was Sandy and that wasn't really any kind of "smear" campaign.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    I was 100% for the trade when it happened. Pagan, when he arrived last playing for Chicago, Lou Piniella labeled him essentially a dumb player, because of constant running mistakes, forgetting how many outs there were, plus mental errors in the field too.

When he was paired up with Carlos Beltran he played well and very well times. But, some posters might have forgotten that he never took control of the outfield when he was the CF, especially once Carlos was traded to the Giants.

Yes, a change of scenery certainly helped Angel. Pagan just happened to be traded to a team with the right mixture of talent and attitude for his makeup as a player. He fits very nicely on this SF Giants team.

Dammit, Angel you're in the World Series and we're not.....

I'm pissed because we were supposed to have received a reliable closer in Ramirez and in the recent past he had been. Torres was just a throw-in. Neither panned out.

Typical Mets trade. Why do many of our trades always seem to backfire on us. Why are we cursed that way.....

There are some exceptions of course the arrival of Gary and Keith as we all know.

If We Can't Get Tulo Then Sign This Free Agent For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I knew Pagan would rebound and called it last year when everyone was slamming him. I even went to the trouble of starting a thread about it:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=643273

Trading him was a horrible baseball decision. It was only made because Fred, Saul and Jeff didn't want to pay him what he was worth. This organization isn't interested in putting the best team they can on the field. Instead of changing their ways, or manning up and admitting the loss in productivity wasn't worth the money saved, they do one of the few things they're good at: slamming the ballplayer.

If I were Pagan I wouldn't mind. If you're a professional it must be wonderful to get away from the Wilpons and go to a real professional organization that wants to win. I'm sure playing deep into October and being in a winning atmosphere more than makes up for the sour grapes coming from those lowlife crooks and their flunkies.

And the same goes for Beltran. I remember Jeff's outrage when he decided to get the surgery he needed to save his career. Any professional must be thrilled to get away from this organization.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    And I don't see any of this as a "smear" campaign against Pagan now that he's gone. Nothing said here was really outlandish nor is it anything "new"...
    Thank you, I thought it was just me.

I know that so many are dripping with venom at anything having to do with the Mets (next it will be the postgame spread that they put out…or the detergent they use in their laundry), but I seriously didn’t read that article as “smearing”. Having said that, I don’t think it‘s an article that needed to be written. The only new bit of “news” that I got out of it was Angel’s “accident”, and that is something that could have just as well remained private.

At the end of the day, the Mets made a bad trade. A trade, by the way, that the vast majority of us fans were either totally in support of…or at least not really against. There weren’t nearly so many recriminations about the trade until Pagan started having a solid season…and Torres and Ramirez started sucking.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I was 100% for the trade when it happened. Pagan, when he arrived last playing for Chicago, Lou Piniella labeled him essentially a dumb player, because of constant running mistakes, forgetting how many outs there were, plus mental errors in the field too.

When he was paired up with Carlos Beltran he played well and very well times. But, some posters might have forgotten that he never took control of the outfield when he was the CF, especially once Carlos was traded to the Giants.

Yes, a change of scenery certainly helped Angel. Pagan just happened to be traded to a team with the right mixture of talent and attitude for his makeup as a player. He fits very nicely on this SF Giants team.

Dammit, Angel you're in the World Series and we're not.....

I'm pissed because we were supposed to have received a reliable closer in Ramirez and in the recent past he had been. Torres was just a throw-in. Neither panned out.

Typical Mets trade. Why do many of our trades always seem to backfire on us. Why are we cursed that way.....

There are some exceptions of course the arrival of Gary and Keith as we all know.
    When Pagan took over for Beltran in CF, he was very much the take charge centerfielder, and defensively not much different than Beltran. The problems he had was when he was flanked by Beltran. That's when he often yielded to his hero.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Koobs View Post
    Thank you, I thought it was just me.

I know that so many are dripping with venom at anything having to do with the Mets (next it will be the postgame spread that they put out…or the detergent they use in their laundry), but I seriously didn’t read that article as “smearing”. Having said that, I don’t think it‘s an article that needed to be written. The only new bit of “news” that I got out of it was Angel’s “accident”, and that is something that could have just as well remained private.

At the end of the day, the Mets made a bad trade. A trade, by the way, that the vast majority of us fans were either totally in support of…or at least not really against. There weren’t nearly so many recriminations about the trade until Pagan started having a solid season…and Torres and Ramirez started sucking.
    The article was a smear. In order to dump Pagan's salary and use it for 2 cheaper players to fill CF and the BP it was important to tell fans that Pagan was a bad egg. It was lies told by Wilpon's stooges to get fans to jump on board another horrible move.

The Wilpons have been smearing players in similar circumstances for years, both before and after trades. I saw the same thing over and over again in the late 1980s when Fred took over and started trading guys like Kevin Mitchell, Lenny Dykstra, etc, for garbage. I think we all remember the business about the Walter Reade visit and the controversy over Beltran's knee surgery. Hell, they even tried to smear Adam Rubin, accusing him of lobbying them for a "yob"...

I'm surprised you never noticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    The article was a smear. In order to dump Pagan's salary and use it for 2 cheaper players to fill CF and the BP it was important to tell fans that Pagan was a bad egg. It was lies told by Wilpon's stooges to get fans to jump on board another horrible move.

The Wilpons have been smearing players in similar circumstances for years, both before and after trades. I saw the same thing over and over again in the late 1980s when Fred took over and started trading guys like Kevin Mitchell, Lenny Dykstra, etc, for garbage. I think we all remember the business about the Walter Reade visit and the controversy over Beltran's knee surgery. Hell, they even tried to smear Adam Rubin, accusing him of lobbying them for a "yob"...

I'm surprised you never noticed.
    If that was a smear, it was the tamest smear I have ever seen. And that’s my point. There was nothing that bad in the article. I can’t see how anyone reading it could come away with the impression that Pagan was a “bad egg”, a bad guy, a clubhouse cancer, whatever. If they truly wanted to smear him, I would think they would’ve come up with something stronger than he likes to hang with his Ipad before games.

I’ve noticed lots of things. And I am certainly no great fan of the Wilpons.

But neither do I think they are the Anti-Christ.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Hopelessly Devoted

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast