Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Can a player average 22/12/5 by dunking?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    64 46.38%
  • no

    74 53.62%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 256
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,709
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    Just watch how bad he plays when he loses his athleticism and his legs start giving him up, that's just one of the things that separate guys like Duncan from Blake.
    LOL so when is that suppose to happen? When hes +31? Are you honestly criticizing him for something that wont be a problem (barring injury) for almost a decade and assuming he wont improve a lick by then?


    LMFAO, this gos out to all those who keep saying this, thats not a valid complaint. The fact is HE IS ATHLETIC, maybe some day you can quip its a bad for him to rely so much on athleticism, but with his work ethic I have no reason to hold his athletic based game against him, when its what gives him so much potential.


    Just watch.........

    "It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    1500
    There are PF like West, Boozer, Scola... who reached the same rates but they were never considered "the greatest PF". Yes, there were two of the five best history PF: Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, so if you think that Griffin is the best at present, it's the same as saying: nowadays, there aren't a good PF in the NBA.

    I don't think this is the case. Mainly because there are PF like Bosh who can play better defense than Griffin, and others who can attack better (like Kevin Love).

    Both, Bosh and Love are more versatile player than Griffin and though they surely never will be reach Duncan and Garnett level, it's probably that they overcome Griffin's scale throughout their careers.

    However, Griffin could be an Allstart during this entire career because he dunk fantastically, he have a longer range shot every year, he has good mental strength and can run the court. Yes, he is along with LeBron, the best NBA player running the court.

    Unfortunately, Blake has many shortcomings in the static game, he can't block especially because there are many taller players in this same position. If he improve he´ll maybe reach top 10 of the NBA player which could happen only if he stand beside Paul.
    I'm NBA fan who write from Spain so... I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    if you wanna talk about someone who only dunks, pls refer to Josh Smith. now that guy relies on his athletic abilities.

    his shot has improved, but not to an extent where it can be used in a game consistently.


    LETS GO HEAT




  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,634
    vCash
    1500
    "Like it or not my opinion means more than yours" is what the title should be


    “Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    OMG listening a clippers game is embarrassing they have the worst commentators ever, they are so one-sided it's ridiculous and they suck up to the clippers players so hard it's annoying.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    ***** MOB
    Posts
    527
    vCash
    1500
    He dunks and shoots freethrows...

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,491
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaze_Gibson View Post
    I kinda feel the op. Even if he does dunk extremely well, what does that have to do with being able to run or finish the fastbreak? what does that have to do with him throwing oops to others in half court settings? What does that have to do with him never taking a play off? Not many pfs have his combination of athleticism, offensive iq, and motor. Also, looking back, he was the most consistent playoff performer for the Clippers last year as well.
    I thought he took the playoffs off last year.

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    646
    vCash
    1500
    And so the story goes of a mancrush turned troll....

    SHB = DMF


    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,709
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by monty77 View Post
    There are PF like West, Boozer, Scola... who reached the same rates
    Not quite like this and not quite this early in their careers but your point stands.

    "It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,709
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    OMG listening a clippers game is embarrassing they have the worst commentators ever, they are so one-sided it's ridiculous and they suck up to the clippers players so hard it's annoying.
    Sounds like you dont listen to many commentators and are basing your opinion off a few games.

    "It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Compton, CA
    Posts
    901
    vCash
    1500
    I get to see blake almost every game since I live out here in LA. I disagree with the OP completely but I will say that the people that say he can only dunk are ignorant. He has some weird unorthodox post game. He does alot of spinning I've seen. But it works for him. The skys the limit for the kid. People who hate just hate I guess

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Blake Griffin's so overrated. You'd think with his athleticism he'd be a great post defender/shot blocker, but he's terrible. His higher efficiency this year is a direct result of CP3.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    1500
    So this is what bath salts do to you!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    Troll OP could not stand to make another post after the backlash he faced on his first thread. Poor guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,895
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSource View Post
    Just watch how bad he plays when he loses his athleticism and his legs start giving him up, that's just one of the things that separate guys like Duncan from Blake.
    seeing as that is in around 9-10 years from now, this is kind of irrelevant.

    Like I said, my only worry is that Blake's ferocious style of play will lead to some injuries. Getting 4 feet off the ground going 100 mph many times leads to getting undercut and nasty falls.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •