Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    It's about getting Johnson, not Buerle. We can hope the Marlin's FO is stupid enough to let Johnson go for nothing but extra salary relief and a couple middling prospects. Since ABTY chimed in with a dose of realism a couple page back, I just am not very optimistic.
    I believe ABTY chimed in regarding getting Johnson ONLY. That was unrealistic to think he would go cheaply just because the Cubs took JJ's salary. But taking Beuhrle too is another story. I doubt they get those two pitchers too, but there is no way a team takes on all the salary and gives up a player like Baez. Something like 2 of anyone after the top 4 and another high reward guy not in the top 20 list should be enough. If not, then they pass on dealing with the Marlins.

vCash
    With the megadeal between Miami and Toronto I guess we can close the book on Johnson playing in Cubbie blue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi416 View Post
    With the megadeal between Miami and Toronto I guess we can close the book on Johnson playing in Cubbie blue.
    You never know. If he suffers through an injury plagued 2013, we'll definitely be after him next off season.

vCash
    If he suffers through ANOTHER injury plagued season, I would say that only decreases the chances of the Cubs going after him.

vCash
    If he stays healthy, he'll be expensive. That would go against the plan.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567