Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    A rotation, assuming Garza is here, with JJ, Shark, FA pitchers (Jackson, Anibal, etc), and Wood makes for a strong rotation. Real strong actually.

vCash
    stamped and approved, make it happen thoyer

vCash
    Pay every dollar of the contract and see what they want for him. I have to agree that he is going to get a bigger return than what is being suggested, but I'd really like to see this looked into
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    exactly pay all the contract... we can afford it... then we only need to sign another solid SP and maybe a couple flyers on some backend help.

This would be a steal!! Especially if it didn't cost much in prospects.... I would gladly give up anyone besides the top 3

vCash
    me want.

vCash
    It carries significant risk but I would love to go after Josh Johnson. TBH I don't think the prospects that we would have to trade for him would be that much. Maybe guys like Vitters, Szczur, Lake etc. It would likely be a quantity deal but we get A) a pitcher in his prime with a year of control and B) two strategies: extend him or flip at the deadline.

Johnson is a damn good pitcher, might be time to trade for him while his value is a bit lower.

vCash
    Johnson has ace potential when he's fully healthy. For the right price, I'd jump all over it.

I bet we could trade him for more in July than we give up in the winter, in case we decide we don't want him long term.

This offseason is all about getting long term guys... or getting guys who will GET us long term guys. Johnson would fit.

vCash
    Josh Johnson and Justin Upton could both be had for less than what they would have cost 1-2 years ago. I'd love both, and make them both building blocks for the future.

vCash

Cubs interested in Josh Johnson?

As long as it isn't one of the big 3. I'm all for this. Guy is an ace.

vCash
    Sczcur+Dolis for Johnson...Cubs pay 11M of JJ potential 13M salary?..Fair? Marlins get 2 "top ten in Cubs System" specs and 11M in relief?

vCash
    That doesn't seem like nearly enough, and we don't have any reason not to pay the entire salary. Money isn't an issue. Vitters+Jackson+Dolis for Johnson would be my offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    That doesn't seem like nearly enough, and we don't have any reason not to pay the entire salary. Money isn't an issue. Vitters+Jackson+Dolis for Johnson would be my offer.
    I'd personally fly Josh, Brett, and Rafael to the airport and carry their luggage!

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Sczcur+Dolis for Johnson...Cubs pay 11M of JJ potential 13M salary?..Fair? Marlins get 2 "top ten in Cubs System" specs and 11M in relief?
    I think a lot of people on here are underselling what it would take on top of the $ to get johnson.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    i think vitters and 13mill should be the starting point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I think a lot of people on here are underselling what it would take on top of the $ to get johnson.
    We need this guy to play until the trade deadline, then flip him. If we give up too much plus pay his salary, and we don't get better prospects back in return by the deadline, what's the point? Too much of a gamble if we have to give up some quality pieces on our farm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast