Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I would rather see him get a tune up at 185 to see how he preforms. We know he's a good 205 but moving down, how does he react. A fight with Bisping (who I dont think has a current fight) or a fight with Boetsch (have Vitor fight Weidman) would both be good tests IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    I would rather see him get a tune up at 185 to see how he preforms. We know he's a good 205 but moving down, how does he react. A fight with Bisping (who I dont think has a current fight) or a fight with Boetsch (have Vitor fight Weidman) would both be good tests IMO.
    How is that any better really though.... He has already beat Bisping in the past and lets be honest he would be a huge favorite against Boetsch. So lets just say that if Rashad vs Boetsch was at 205 it would be seen as a mismatch. Why would it be any different at 185?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    How is that any better really though.... He has already beat Bisping in the past and lets be honest he would be a huge favorite against Boetsch. So lets just say that if Rashad vs Boetsch was at 205 it would be seen as a mismatch. Why would it be any different at 185?
    Thats the point though, its a tune up fight. Most feel, he is fighting a mismatch in Nogueira because of his so-so TDD. Both Boetsch amd Bisping are ranked around 5 in the division by most so if there trying to eventually get Rashad a title fight at 185 why wouldnt they give him a guy who they thought he could beat fairly easy? Are those matches more intriguing? No, I think Nogueira gives him the best fight but again im still assuming Rashads goal is fighting Anderson for the belt.

vCash
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: I haven't been contacted about fighting Rashad Evans

The Superbowl weekend light-heavyweight bout between Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and former UFC light-heavyweight champion Rashad Evans is news to Nogueira.

According to the light-heavyweight contenders management team, the UFC has not contacted them about the potential match up.

We originally reported on the rumor last week, but have still not heard anything official as of yet.

Nogueira (20-6) last fought and defeated current UFC Hall-of-Famer Ortiz at UFC 140 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada almost a year ago.

Recently, the former Pride FC veteran was scheduled to face highly regarded light-heavyweight prospect Alexander Gustafsson at UFC on Fuel TV 2, but was forced out the contest due to injury.

We'll have more on this story as it continues to develop.
    -----

vCash
    Hopefully this fight isn't made. Waste of time.

vCash
    Well, now Nog it's saying the fight it's official, I guess they contacted him after all...

Rogerio Nogueira confirms his next fight against Rashad Evans On Feb 2 in Las Vegas
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Hopefully this fight isn't made. Waste of time.
    qft
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12