Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    All taxes come out of LI residents pockets, people dont vote for taxes. This was gonan result in a 14-58 extra dollars a yearin property taxes,which is somewhere from 4 to 17 cents a day. THe revenue lost from losing Nassau coliseumwould leadto higher tax hikes than that.Its the lesser of 2 evils, and one solutionwould allow you to keepyour team

LIers are stupidand im glad they lost their team, the true fans will stick with them in brooklyn
    I think people were taking a stand against higher property taxes in Nassau County (which are the highest in the nation already) and although it might have been misguided, the economy sucks and i am sure in some respects it was also about principle.

It is what it is but at least you don't have to worry about losing the team to KC anymore.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-24-2012 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    ^Well theyre wanted by the owner of the building and i guess brooklyn and NYC politicians, but the people,which you impliedyou were referring to when saying they werent wanted in nassau, at least thats what i got,doesnt make sense
    They weren't wanted by the politicians on LI OR the people on LI.. I'm not really sure how you can dispute that. The people had a chance to vote, and they voted no. The politicians and whoever had a chance to build a new arena, and they said no.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    They weren't wanted by the politicians on LI OR the people on LI.. I'm not really sure how you can dispute that. The people had a chance to vote, and they voted no. The politicians and whoever had a chance to build a new arena, and they said no.
    Yeah they had the opportunity to keep them there.

KMO said it 14-58 dollars a year, that's chump change (which makes me think the vote was about principle and not raising property taxes in Nassau period)

Long Islanders for the most part don't have a vested interest in the team anymore, that happens when you spend years and years losing.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-24-2012 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Honestly, I like the coliseum. You can smoke cigarettes at intermission. It's easy to get to/ leave.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah they had the opportunity to keep them there.

KMO said it 14-58 dollars a year, that's chump change (which makes me think the vote was about principle and not raising property taxes in Nassau period)

Long Islanders for the most part don't have a vested interest in the team anymore, that happens when you spend years and years losing.
    The problem is that they get a strong fanbase from Suffolk county and you just ****ed them over.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The problem is that they get a strong fanbase from Suffolk county and you just ****ed them over.
    It happens, again the Islanders were 29th in the league in attendance last year filling about 80% of the building.

If they had a better team over the past 10-15 years maybe that would have been more incentive to keep them there.

You can't keep losing as a franchise and expect people to keep coming.

vCash
    I agree to an extent but I'm not sure that moving into Rangers territory is the solution.

vCash
    I agree to an extent but I'm not sure that moving into Rangers territory is the solution.
    Has it affected the Nets?

I don't think that's as big a deal as people make it out to be.

If anything they are exposing themselves to a newer fanbase and the hardcore Islanders will always be there.

Let's not make it like moving to Brooklyn is like moving to the North Pole.

For most Nassau county residents the commute is an hour or so and its an hour and 1 hour 20 minutes from as far as Ronkonkoma on Long Island.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-24-2012 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Has it affected the Nets?

I don't think that's as big a deal as people make it out to be.

If anything they are exposing themselves to a newer fanbase and the hardcore Islanders will always be there.

Let's not make it like moving to Brooklyn is like moving to the North Pole.

For most Nassau county residents the commute is an hour or so and its an hour and 1 hour 20 minutes from as far as Ronkonkoma on Long Island.
    If you lived an hour away from the coliseum your commute just bumped up to an hour and a half.

vCash
    I know the Islanders are desperate but they just moved a crappy team into one of the best team in the league's turf.

vCash
    ^If anything tat jst gives them more credibility. The true die hards from LI willstill come to the games,and we open up to a new market in Brooklyn, Qeens and the rest of NYC> Yeah its Rangers territory but not everyone is IslesorRangers, some like both, and some would eb willing to change. Not only that, bt people willcome just because its a new arena, and also because by 2015the Isles will be an elite team

Ithink it will work jusssstttttt fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    If you lived an hour away from the coliseum your commute just bumped up to an hour and a half.
    Is that enough of a big deal to stop going to the games?

If a fan is making a big deal about adding 30 to 40 minutes to their commute they aren't true fans.

Either way, they'll still have the die hard Islander fans and establish a new fan base in Brooklyn, Queens (who they already had fans in), and the other boroughs.

vCash
    Seating capacity of only 14,500? This move is pure desperation and shows little forward thinking. The amount of money ownership will be leaving on the table in the future with attendance of 14,500 compared to 17,000+ is just dumbfounding. Ticket sales, parking, concessions, souvenirs, etc...damn

I understand their need to move away from the current stadium but this move just doesn't make much sense from a business stand point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Seating capacity of only 14,500? This move is pure desperation and shows little forward thinking. The amount of money ownership will be leaving on the table in the future with attendance of 14,500 compared to 17,000+ is just dumbfounding. Ticket sales, parking, concessions, souvenirs, etc...damn

I understand their need to move away from the current stadium but this move just doesn't make much sense from a business stand point.
    They are already talking about increasing seating capacity over 15,000+ and it really doesn't matter because the Islanders don't draw that many fans per game anyway.

They averaged 13,200 fans a game last year and it's because the team sucks.

When the team improves it won't matter how many seats they have because they will be able to charge booku bucks for tickets (much like the Rangers not to the extent but certainly more than they charging on the island)

vCash
    They are already talking about increasing seating capacity over 15,000+ and it really doesn't matter because the Islanders don't draw that many fans per game anyway.

They averaged 13,200 fans a game last year and it's because the team sucks.

When the team improves it won't matter how many seats they have because they will be able to charge booku bucks for tickets (much like the Rangers not to the extent but certainly more than they charging on the island)
    Which is exactly why I said "little forward thinking" and "will be leaving on the table in the future"

Doesn't matter about the present or past...need to think about the future.

Wasn't that long ago that the Blackhawks' attendance was around 13K...now they are at 21.5k - a HUGE difference when it comes to money. Money the Islanders will never have a chance at making because of the low capacity.
    Last edited by Boom!; 10-24-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast