Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Yea, they'll all be clamoring for the Coliseum
    Thats not what I said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    "Barclays will make the Islanders a bigger joke than they already are" is what you said.

I said "it can't get any worse than the Coliseum" which for some reason you disagree with
    SPACE

vCash
    I dont care that Nassau Coliseum is a **** hole, Ive had season tickets (either partial or full) my entire life, Ive been going there before I can remember, one of my first words was "Trots," obviously when youve been with this team through thick and thin and have seen some incredible games and moments in that arena, it's not easy to let go. Its easier to say the coliseum is **** and thank god were leaving if you werent there to see shawn Bates lift an entire historic franchise and island on his back, or didnt see the Isles wipethe floor with the Pittsburgh Penguins in one of the most memorable games in franchise history.

I dont know where youre from, I dont know how many times youve been to Nassau coliseum, but for me, Ive lived 20 minutes away formy entire lifeand have been there for probably 200+ games in the last 10 years.

Howdoyou not understand not wanting to leave? Id play in that arena for the rest of forever ifit was solely upto me. Sorrynotsorry

vCash
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I dont care that Nassau Coliseum is a **** hole, Ive had season tickets (either partial or full) my entire life, Ive been going there before I can remember, one of my first words was "Trots," obviously when youve been with this team through thick and thin and have seen some incredible games and moments in that arena, it's not easy to let go. Its easier to say the coliseum is **** and thank god were leaving if you werent there to see shawn Bates lift an entire historic franchise and island on his back, or didnt see the Isles wipethe floor with the Pittsburgh Penguins in one of the most memorable games in franchise history.

I dont know where youre from, I dont know how many times youve been to Nassau coliseum, but for me, Ive lived 20 minutes away formy entire lifeand have been there for probably 200+ games in the last 10 years.

Howdoyou not understand not wanting to leave? Id play in that arena for the rest of forever ifit was solely upto me. Sorrynotsorry
    Time to move on chap. Hell I miss Shea and sometimes joke around saying I wish it was still here (also because I just miss it), but in reality Citi Field is 1,000,000x better.

vCash

If you really think that, then you're ******** or you just don't care about this team. They won't accomplish anything as long as they play in that dump, because NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THERE. We could offer a free agent all of kind midas's silver and he wouldn't come to the Island. The facilities are **** and the arena is a dump.

Yes, the arena is filled with great history and great moments, but so was Yankee Stadium. When things become outdated, you have to move on. This is a building that has been around for 40 years and had absolutely no upgrades made to it over that time. Just because it's filled with those soap and warm water memories doesn't mean it's a viable home for a hockey team. I can't believe you'd actually advocate for them to stay in the Coliseum. I've seen a lot of ******** **** posted on this site, but this might take the cake.
    SPACE

vCash

This. It's sad to leave, but we gotta look to the future and just accept that Nassau doesn't want us... i'd love to stay there but now we are in Brookyln. I wish our guys the best and lets see what the future brings. Also want to say to the people hoping we would leave to some place in Canada or Milwaukee and Seattle a big doom to you this is our team!

vCash
    Congrats on the move Islanders fans
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

vCash
    If you really think that, then you're ******** or you just don't care about this team. They won't accomplish anything as long as they play in that dump, because NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THERE. We could offer a free agent all of kind midas's silver and he wouldn't come to the Island. The facilities are **** and the arena is a dump.

Yes, the arena is filled with great history and great moments, but so was Yankee Stadium. When things become outdated, you have to move on. This is a building that has been around for 40 years and had absolutely no upgrades made to it over that time. Just because it's filled with those soap and warm water memories doesn't mean it's a viable home for a hockey team. I can't believe you'd actually advocate for them to stay in the Coliseum. I've seen a lot of ******** **** posted on this site, but this might take the cake.
    Fenway park is also a **** hole.

Me being "********" or not (lmao you're such a troll) has nothing to do with why I like the coliseum. Ive wanted to renovate the coliseum forver, and renovating it would pt you in an arena just as nice as a brand new one. I dont care about the team? lol. And no, youre wrong, we can blame the arena all you want, but if we made the playoffs year in and year out, we would have NO TROUBLE signing free agents.

With that, I think there are a whole lot of Islanders fans who would rather stay in the coliseum than relocate.

vCash
    Well look at like this
    The increased revenue will let Charles spend more dough on trainers, equipment, scouting and cap

vCash
    Fenway park is also a **** hole.

Me being "********" or not (lmao you're such a troll) has nothing to do with why I like the coliseum. Ive wanted to renovate the coliseum forver, and renovating it would pt you in an arena just as nice as a brand new one. I dont care about the team? lol. And no, youre wrong, we can blame the arena all you want, but if we made the playoffs year in and year out, we would have NO TROUBLE signing free agents.

With that, I think there are a whole lot of Islanders fans who would rather stay in the coliseum than relocate.
    If that's true, it's because it's easier for those people to attend the games when they're on LI. There's literally no benefit to the actual team in staying in the Coliseum. None. How about 06-07 when we made the playoffs? We offer Ryan Smyth more money and captaincy to stay on LI and he doesn't even give us serious consideration. The guy cried when he came here. Please, take off the homer goggles for once. Renovating the Coliseum is not and was not ever a legitimate idea. It would be putting lipstick on a pig. They'd be better off building an entirely new arena. But no, the people and the politicians made it clear that they didn't want to keep the team.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyFormo View Post
    Well look at like this
    The increased revenue will let Charles spend more dough on trainers, equipment, scouting and cap
    And free agents will actually want to come play here. No more scraping the bottom of the barrel with guys like Mike Mottau and Mark Eaton
    SPACE

vCash
    If that's true, it's because it's easier for those people to attend the games when they're on LI. There's literally no benefit to the actual team in staying in the Coliseum. None. How about 06-07 when we made the playoffs? We offer Ryan Smyth more money and captaincy to stay on LI and he doesn't even give us serious consideration. The guy cried when he came here. Please, take off the homer goggles for once. Renovating the Coliseum is not and was not ever a legitimate idea. It would be putting lipstick on a pig. They'd be better off building an entirely new arena. But no, the people and the politicians made it clear that they didn't want to keep the team.
    Im just utterly confused as how liking Nassau Coliseum makes me a homer? lol howd you draw that conclusion.

I said a total of 0 times today that the move is not beneficial for the franchise, I believe it is, what are you trying to get at?

And putting lipstick on a pig? I dont get it at all. MSG is going to be one of the nicest arenas in the NHL after undergoing a renovation. The people nor the politicians ever said they didnt want to keep the team.

vCash
    Im just utterly confused as how liking Nassau Coliseum makes me a homer? lol howd you draw that conclusion.

I said a total of 0 times today that the move is not beneficial for the franchise, I believe it is, what are you trying to get at?

And putting lipstick on a pig? I dont get it at all. MSG is going to be one of the nicest arenas in the NHL after undergoing a renovation. The people nor the politicians ever said they didnt want to keep the team.
    I got you. You completely understand that moving to Brooklyn is nothing but beneficial to this team, and that staying at the Coliseum would be detrimental. Yet, you want the team to stay in the Coliseum anyway. Gotcha.
    SPACE

vCash
    This is great news. As a kid living down the street from the N.Co. Coliseum it is kind of sad to see them moving from such a memorable place, oh what am I kidding, they're going to be playing in a kick-*** arena in Brooklyn. As much as I would like to see the New York Islanders name be kept the same, I think it would be cool to have something new come in. Brooklyn Islanders would do the trick. But again, this is great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast