Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness routine

Fitness routine

Sorry If I am junking up the front page but I'd like to request a fitness routine if someone could help me out. I recently got access to a gym and I want to take full advantage of it.

The equipment available are as follows:
    elliptical
    treadmill with incline
    stationary bike
    and various lifting machines such as traps, biceps, incline, bench, legs, etc..

I want to lose weight and start to get trimmed. im 6ft 180 if you could put together an hour-hour and half routine for me i would greatly appreciate it
    Last edited by PleaseBeNice; 09-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.

6 foot and 180..does not sound like you have much weight to lose

Quote Originally Posted by jkiddvc20 View Post
    6 foot and 180..does not sound like you have much weight to lose
    I want to get rid of my flab

Check out this thread for some lifting routines

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=748781

As far as cardio, do the elliptical or treadmill (sprints are good) for 20 minutes after you lift weights.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Check out this thread for some lifting routines

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=748781

As far as cardio, do the elliptical or treadmill (sprints are good) for 20 minutes after you lift weights.
    Thanks man. Also, why is it better to do cardio afterwards?
    Last edited by PleaseBeNice; 09-04-2012 at 12:52 PM.

If I do cardio before lifting, I'm not as strong when I lift (especially when working legs). So I would just do it after to burn some extra calories.

Fitness is very necessary to our health and this is a make to be a strong to the person, fitness the best tip i think exercise daily and go to the gym and running is also very good for fitness, i also go to the gym and i always very fit.

From a guy that knows........

RUN.....RUN.... It is by far the best thing for your health and body. It is the best hardest cardio active...... you can do.

I have done and do them all. You will stay strong and really become stronger. There are many levels of physical strength.

What does every sport make you do as punishment.........RUN

Why because its the hardest and works the best.

Still don't agree ask your Doctor, they will say the same thing.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

At your weight and height if your just trying to lose some flab I would recommend high intensity stregth training over long distance cardio.

Long distance running by itself is incredibly inefficient way for losing weight.

Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    At your weight and height if your just trying to lose some flab I would recommend high intensity stregth training over long distance cardio.

Long distance running by itself is incredibly inefficient way for losing weight.
    High intensity workouts period are great.

" Long distance running by itself is incredibly ineffient way for losing weight. "- 100% incorrect, could not be more wrong here.

The most effective way to faclitate weight lose is healthy diet, lots water/ hydration, copious amouts of long distance running/ exercise.

LARRY BIRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    High intensity workouts period are great.

" Long distance running by itself is incredibly ineffient way for losing weight. "- 100% incorrect, could not be more wrong here.

The most effective way to faclitate weight lose is healthy diet, lots water/ hydration, copious amouts of long distance running/ exercise.
    People use to also think that fat turned into muscle. We've come a long way from this way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    People use to also think that fat turned into muscle. We've come a long way from this way of thinking.
    Completely unrelatable, not part of the discussion.

The reality is this, running/ cardio is the best exercise to facilitate weight loss/ healthy living, along with healthy diet.

At that time, a person becomes healthier, faster, and stronger.

Now, the problem is this. In this era, we love " big " / bulk, we think bigger is " better/ stronger/ looks good/ ext.." When the simple fact is, it isn't.

Carrying more mass is unhealthy, Humans were not meant to carry extra weight, thus health problems accrue (diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, heart problems), most are due to BMI, which equals diet and also but not limited to lack of cardio/ running.

Listen, guys hate running. Its very hard for most, guys like bench press and arms, I get it. It's just not the most healthy and strongest person you can be. Humans are most/ more strong when running/ cardio and strength training.

That is to say, you are at your peak/ best when your body is very lean/ fast/ strong. Not going to gym and lifting six days a week, and doing very limited running cardio.

I have coached young adults for a long time, I have competed in high levels of sports for many years. I know of which I speak.

Do lots of cardio/ running and strength train. But make sure you do your running.

LARRY BIRD

The best fighters/ strongest guys I(me) have trained with over the years are very....very....lean and most were under cruiser weight, and I would say most were more like/ 85% weighed 155lbs- 180lbs (NCAA All- Americans wrestling/ Gold Gloves Champions).

All do a TON....TON of road work (AKA Running)

LARRY BIRD

For the last 5 years or so I've been around 175 pounds and did no strength training but tons of cardio.

I've now been strength training for 18 months or so and weigh 195. I look better. Feel better. Perform better on the basketball court.

Due to my increase in strength across the board I am running faster, jumping higher, have had far fewer injuries all being 20+ pounds heavier.

The only cardio I do is a light jog from time to time and then basketball a few times a week.

Also if (and when) I want to cut down 10 pounds or so I will do it easily without adding in any cardio.

It's great that you love to run I have nothing against that but I've noticed a theme in your posts that you are 100% biased towards that as being the best route for EVERYONE who asks for help here.

This doesn't seem that hard, and this is just short of completely oversimplifying things, but...

Long distance cardio: Targets aerobic
    Sprinting/HIIT: Targets anaerobic
    Low weight/High rep: Endurance
    High weight/Low rep: Strength

We have come that far correct?

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast