Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    also i love JesusMontero hes silent most of the year then all of a sudden pops out in the post season with outrageous trades
    I always stay silent during the season, i emerge at the deadline and during the offseason. I said trade A-Rod. I said trade for Upton. I said trade Granderson. And i said possibly trade a pitcher (i.e. Nova or Hughes) I dont think thats too out of this world considering that is what ive been reading

vCash
    Mike Napoli is a beast with bat! Can he manage our pitching staff well? What would he cost roughly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gra33zy View Post
    Mike Napoli is a beast with bat! Can he manage our pitching staff well? What would he cost roughly?
    He hasn't caught more than 96 games in a season in the last few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    I always stay silent during the season, i emerge at the deadline and during the offseason. I said trade A-Rod. I said trade for Upton. I said trade Granderson. And i said possibly trade a pitcher (i.e. Nova or Hughes) I dont think thats too out of this world considering that is what ive been reading
    Ya, if this was a video game that would happen.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    I don't seriously think they could consider him a full ime catcher, plus i would think he'd want a 4-5 yr deal that wouldn't be cheap. If Romine was ready and could handle the catching duties 2/3rds of the time with Napoli Dhing tje rest maybe but that doesn't really workout long term

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I don't seriously think they could consider him a full ime catcher, plus i would think he'd want a 4-5 yr deal that wouldn't be cheap. If Romine was ready and could handle the catching duties 2/3rds of the time with Napoli Dhing tje rest maybe but that doesn't really workout long term
    Agreed! Are we better off trying to get someone cheap and push for Romine to take over? Catcher seems like a spot we could trim a bit of money off the books.

vCash
    Cano could be traded to Houston for Altuve and Lowrie.... And that frees up Arod for a Marlins package deal for perhaps Josh Johnson who was less than stellar this season.... Or a St Louis package deal for Craig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by texas star View Post
    Cano could be traded to Houston for Altuve and Lowrie.... And that frees up Arod for a Marlins package deal for perhaps Josh Johnson who was less than stellar this season.... Or a St Louis package deal for Craig
    1) Undervaluing Cano
    2) Massively overvaluing A-Rod
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    i seriously doubt anybody wants arods contract without a guarantee of breaking the record... if we knew for sure he could then put up with his drama a little longer as long as once the record is broken he hangs it up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I'm not sure how the second trade is better than the first?

1. gets rid of Texeria's contract
    2. brings in youth in Gordan & Hosmer

just my opinion anyways
    I was saying the Royals would have no reason to take Tex. Why would they do the second trade? They have a glut of guys who can play 1st, which is why they are looking to trade one.

Secondly, it won't get rid of his contract. If we trade a guy like Tex we're gonna end up paying for the lion's share of the money he's owed. Basically we're getting rid of the player, not the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    And then you have to also pay a new 3B. People seem to think getting rid of ARod any way possible is best for the team but unless another team pays a decent amount of salary or gives us actual useful pieces it will hurt the team more than anything.
    EXACTLY. If we trade Arod we will, most likely, have to pay the majority of his contract. And THEN we need to pay another 3rd baseman to fill the hole we opened up. So we probably end up spending more money than we do now. And we probably also have a worse 3rd baseman. Can someone give an actual viable way to trade ARod that makes sense? I doubt it.

vCash
    Agreed! Are we better off trying to get someone cheap and push for Romine to take over? Catcher seems like a spot we could trim a bit of money off the books.
    Romine doesn't appear to be ready and could use another full season at AAA due to his recent injury problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I was saying the Royals would have no reason to take Tex. Why would they do the second trade? They have a glut of guys who can play 1st, which is why they are looking to trade one.

Secondly, it won't get rid of his contract. If we trade a guy like Tex we're gonna end up paying for the lion's share of the money he's owed. Basically we're getting rid of the player, not the contract.

EXACTLY. If we trade Arod we will, most likely, have to pay the majority of his contract. And THEN we need to pay another 3rd baseman to fill the hole we opened up. So we probably end up spending more money than we do now. And we probably also have a worse 3rd baseman. Can someone give an actual viable way to trade ARod that makes sense? I doubt it.
    Only thing that I can think of in the realm of possible would be to swap bad contracts, but if that were the case I'd rather just hang on to Arod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    He hasn't caught more than 96 games in a season in the last few years.
    Actually, he's never caught more than 96 games in a season.

The dirty little secret is that Napoli isn't really a catcher. He's a guy (like Brandon Inge) who can catch if needed but he's really more a 1B or DH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Actually, he's never caught more than 96 games in a season.

The dirty little secret is that Napoli isn't really a catcher. He's a guy (like Brandon Inge) who can catch if needed but he's really more a 1B or DH.
    Signing him would essentially mean we would have to sign another catcher, namely bring back Russell Martin. Napoli at DH would take away time from the older players like A-Rod who will need that more often next season.

vCash
    i wouldnt mind splitting the catching mostly martin with napoli , its kinda the same i wanted to do with monteroi just dont see how it can be possible if they try to lower payroll

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast