Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like the part we're we trade Jeter for guys on 2 separate teams... I guess Jeter splits time between the Giants and Dodgers. And when they play each other, he hits for both teams.

This is seriously my favorite post since the one where we should move Jeter to catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I like the part we're we trade Jeter for guys on 2 separate teams... I guess Jeter splits time between the Giants and Dodgers. And when they play each other, he hits for both teams.

This is seriously my favorite post since the one where we should move Jeter to catcher.
    Um have you ever watched a west coast game? Buster Posey and BRANDON Crawford, you know the SS, you know the guy who will be replacing DJ at SS. LOL NOOB

O LOOK, A DELI MEAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    Um have you ever watched a west coast game? Buster Posey and BRANDON Crawford, you know the SS, you know the guy who will be replacing DJ at SS. LOL NOOB

O LOOK, A DELI MEAT
    You're making fun of someone while expecting SF to trade Posey for Derek Jeter????

vCash

O LOOK, A DELI MEAT
    I hate to rag on you my man because I like your style, but you're talking about a guy that just won the mvp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    I hate to rag on you my man because I like your style, but you're talking about a guy that just won the mvp
    Which is why it would be a smart move to trade for him.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Which is why it would be a smart move to trade for him.....
    Exactly. I mean its Derek Jeter! I know hes been great for us, but common hes coming off an injury and we can really sell high. Posey for Jeter is a stretch, but if we expect to be competitive for years to come we must be willing to part with our veterns and bring in young guys even if at the time it doesnt seem like a good trade. Buster Posey is the real deal and will be a very good catcher one day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    but seriously these are some of the worst proposals I've ever heard...ever

These are so ridiculous that it must be a joke. Too many video games or something!

vCash
    Ok so this last years playoffs were an embarrassment, however I feel like i have the answers to take us over the top and win the world series.

First move:
    Trade Derek Jeter for Buster Posey and Crawford. Now I know what youre thinking, DJ is mr NY, however buster posey is a great young catcher and crawford is better defensively. Its time to let DJ go coming after this surgery.

Second Move.
    Trade Brett Gardner, Nova, Soriano, and 2 prospects for Giancarlo Stanton. Now I know what youre thinking, thats a lot to give up for one player, but hes a good player guys, and we need youth.

third move: Hire Myself as assistant to Brian Cashman, as I feel like I present innovative ideas and bring foreward thinking to the table.

Also, Cano needs an extension pronto, and my first order of business would be to get him one. Im thinking somewhere in the rhelm of 10 years 125 million dollars plus an extra 60 million deferred over the next 20 years ala bobby bonilla contract.
    Thoughts?
    Learn when to use the word 'foreward' in a sentence.

fore·word
    noun \ˈfȯr-(ˌ)wərd\
    Definition of FOREWORD
    : prefatory comments (as for a book) especially when written by someone other than the author
    See foreword defined for English-language learners »
    See foreword defined for kids »
    Examples of FOREWORD

<the editor makes some good points in the foreword about the author's life, so be sure to read it>

First Known Use of FOREWORD
    Related to FOREWORD
    Synonyms: exordium, introduction, intro, preamble, preface, prelude, proem, prologue (also prolog), prolusion
    Antonyms: epilogue (also epilog)
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Exactly. I mean its Derek Jeter! I know hes been great for us, but common hes coming off an injury and we can really sell high. Posey for Jeter is a stretch, but if we expect to be competitive for years to come we must be willing to part with our veterns and bring in young guys even if at the time it doesnt seem like a good trade. Buster Posey is the real deal and will be a very good catcher one day.
    Sorry to **** on your MLB the show fantasy trade, but Derek Jeter for Buster Posey even without adding the short stop you mentioned coming over from San Fan would NEVER happen. I can't tell if your being sarcastic/joking or serious. It's a scary thought.

Whatever drugs your on you should share them.

vCash
    This can't be real. Can't be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    This can't be real. Can't be.
    I'm not even sure how this thread is still open.

I guess I'll go open a fantasy thread of my own

vCash
    Trade Jeter for the entire Nationals team and farm.

Trade Arod for the entire Rays team and farm.

vCash
    Ok so this last years playoffs were an embarrassment, however I feel like i have the answers to take us over the top and win the world series.

First move:
    Trade Derek Jeter for Buster Posey and Crawford. Now I know what youre thinking, DJ is mr NY, however buster posey is a great young catcher and crawford is better defensively. Its time to let DJ go coming after this surgery.

Second Move.
    Trade Brett Gardner, Nova, Soriano, and 2 prospects for Giancarlo Stanton. Now I know what youre thinking, thats a lot to give up for one player, but hes a good player guys, and we need youth.

third move: Hire Myself as assistant to Brian Cashman, as I feel like I present innovative ideas and bring foreward thinking to the table.

Also, Cano needs an extension pronto, and my first order of business would be to get him one. Im thinking somewhere in the rhelm of 10 years 125 million dollars plus an extra 60 million deferred over the next 20 years ala bobby bonilla contract.
    Thoughts?
    Let this be a lesson to you kids, don't smoke and drink at the same time.

It's so funny how people on here think the "Force Trade" button exists in real life.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Stanton still isn't a sure thing, he could still regress or run into a freak injury. He himself is still basically a prospect.

1. There is no way we'd ever get him, other teams could offer much better packages.
    2. Everyone is always complaining about when we trade prospects, how is this any different? Why give up the few great prospects we have? Our farm system is thin at the top, we'd be getting rid of the few that are even relatively close to the majors, and our team wouldn't even be that much better off.
    Sanchez+Williams+Heathcott+Warren+Money for Stanton+Nolasco+Lee. I mean... all 3 of them can't pan out, right? Not possible. Let them dump more salary on us as well, both Nolasco and Lee are off the books at the end of the year.

To make room I'd see what I could get for Granderson from Texas, hopefully Holland and Olt.

Ichiro
    Jeter
    Cano
    Stanton
    Tex
    Arod
    S.Hairiston/Nunez/Lee
    Martin
    Gardner
    Last edited by DasBoot; 11-19-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Time for a complete rebuilding process. I propose a lineup of
    1B: Tony Clark
    2B: Tony Womack
    SS: Miguel Cairo
    3B: Roger Dorn
    LF: Ken Griffey Sr.
    CF: Bubba Crosby
    RF: Karim Garcia
    SP: Brad Halsey
    CP: Tanyon Sturtze

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast