Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Just for some unrealistic fun, if the marlins called and offered the following....take it or leave it......would ya?

Stanton for

Sanchez
    Mason
    Tyler
    Montgomery
    Banuelos
    Heathcott
    I'd pass on that deal theirs way to much potential above average mlb players in that deal. We a very old team as everyone knows and that deal includes what could been our entire next of although highly unlikely all 3 make it, our future catcher, a very solid BP piece and a 21 yr old LH starter with 3 plus pitches and AAA experience even though he's out for next yr. Stanton is an amazing player and i would love to have him but with as thin as our system is at the upper level i don't think he's worth completely depleting our system for 2-3 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    That might be a little too much, IMO. Do you think this offer would at least be able to start talks off?
    Nova/Phelps
    Romine
    Tyler Austin
    Eduardo Nunez/David Adams

I'd be totally on board with this. The Marlins would receive a pitcher, catcher, a corner outfielder and a middle infielder. I'd even throw in Boone Logan considering the Loogy depth we've already started to accumulate and the fact that Boone's massive workload this past season is just screaming potential disaster.

This trade offers the Marlins quality and quantity and I'd be very hesitant to go any higher than this. I wouldn't give up Sanchez or Williams in the deal, but that's just me. I had trouble deciding between Austin and Heathcott but in the end I think I'd rather roll the dice on Heathcott.

I still think we would get outbid by another team if this was our final offer. But then again we are talking about the Marlins front office here so anything can happen. Thoughts?
    unless Nova returns to 2011 form Austin is the only player really worth anything in that deal. Romine is probably going to be a solid defsive catcher with a below average to average bat. Nunuez's bat and speed are nice but the whole package isn't anything special and Adams has to prove he can stay healthy.

I wouldn't do it but to even get the conversation started it would probably have to start with Sanchez, Austin and one of Williams or Heathcott just my opinion

vCash
    Yeah, they would want out top 3 prospest to start...

vCash
    Who knows if all those prospects will pan out? Stanton is a sure thing at 23 yrs old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    Who knows if all those prospects will pan out? Stanton is a sure thing at 23 yrs old
    Stanton still isn't a sure thing, he could still regress or run into a freak injury. He himself is still basically a prospect.

1. There is no way we'd ever get him, other teams could offer much better packages.
    2. Everyone is always complaining about when we trade prospects, how is this any different? Why give up the few great prospects we have? Our farm system is thin at the top, we'd be getting rid of the few that are even relatively close to the majors, and our team wouldn't even be that much better off.

vCash
    Greinke to the Dodgers is really heating up, the Angels are screwed if that happens.

vCash
    Dodgers will be in our situation with awful big contracts in a few short years, but much worse off. The difference there is that the Steinbrenners have no debt. The dodger owners borrowed $2.1 billion.

That won't end well.

vCash

Ideas to Bring back the pinstripe power.

Ok so this last years playoffs were an embarrassment, however I feel like i have the answers to take us over the top and win the world series.

First move:
    Trade Derek Jeter for Buster Posey and Crawford. Now I know what youre thinking, DJ is mr NY, however buster posey is a great young catcher and crawford is better defensively. Its time to let DJ go coming after this surgery.

Second Move.
    Trade Brett Gardner, Nova, Soriano, and 2 prospects for Giancarlo Stanton. Now I know what youre thinking, thats a lot to give up for one player, but hes a good player guys, and we need youth.

third move: Hire Myself as assistant to Brian Cashman, as I feel like I present innovative ideas and bring foreward thinking to the table.

Also, Cano needs an extension pronto, and my first order of business would be to get him one. Im thinking somewhere in the rhelm of 10 years 125 million dollars plus an extra 60 million deferred over the next 20 years ala bobby bonilla contract.
    Thoughts?

vCash
    if you knew what I was thinking, you wouldn't have posted this

p.s. Soriano isn't on the team anymore

vCash
    Ok I started reading, got really upset, then started laughing. The Perkis System never fails!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Ok I started reading, got really upset, then started laughing. The Perkis System never fails!
    no dinner, no lunch, no breakfast! How's that grab ya?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    no dinner, no lunch, no breakfast! How's that grab ya?!
    Lunch has been canceled today, due to lack of hustle

vCash

vCash
    ummmm yeah...

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    N
    mm
    caca

vCash