Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If they can get rid of A-Rod I'd be fine with it. But I have no idea how you keep thinking trading our best player and best hitter by far just to get rid of A-Rod helps this team now or in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Did you even read the entire post or just pick pieces to fill your arguement? Did you miss removing ARod from the Yankees payroll? Did you miss avoiding that massive contract pending for Cano? Really? Geez....
    No I read it, the point was getting rid of A-Rod is fine, but trading Cano and getting no value in return is a poor way to run an organization. That offense we saw in the playoffs would be our offense for 162 games

vCash
    Think about it...5 more years of A-Rod.... Let that sink in. Also, he is 37!!!! If Tex (32 years old) and grandy (31 yrs ols) are regressing, how much longer until Cano begins as well. He is already lazy playing in the infield, will be 31 when you extend him for 6 to 8 more years...

Dont get me wrong, i like Cano but i can see either they overpaying for him or he walking away. I like Nova as well but its all about getting rid of Arod and 5 more years at 114 million. He probably cant DH when he is 40. Hell, they didnt think he could do it in the playoffs. What makes you think having his sorry ***** on this team will be a benefit at all? Pipe dreams.

I wonder how the team will be in 2-3 years from now......
    Ok fine, let's trade A-rod and Cano!

Oh wait, who in their right mind is going to take the player you just described. You think A-rod will somehow be better on another team? He'll be the same. We have the highest payroll in the league, and are able to pay A-rod's contract. NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO TAKE THAT CONTRACT. Talk about pipe dream.

Enough with trading A-rod, it is never going to happen. And if it did, we would be covering almost all of his contract, so there would be absolutely no point.

vCash
    Miamis payroll abligation for 2012 = 101k. Teams can absorb that salary if they wanted to. To say because the Yanks have the highest payroll doesnt mean they are the only ones who can afford it. Ask the Angels, Phillies, Cubs and Dodgers.

Why the closed mind? If the Sux can make the Dodgers eat all of crawfords and becketts salary just to get Agon, why do we need to eat all of Arod? I dont remember Crawford being a superstar last year. How did that work? Well Agon was one of the best 1st baseman and fits their fan base.....do we have someone like that???? Hum.....

And if people can decide to add crazy trade ideas to this forum, why not this one?

vCash
    Trade Arod and Cano for Reyes and Burhle. Hmmm...lets look at our lineup then.

Itchy
    Jeter
    Reyes
    Tex
    Grandy
    DH
    Chavez/Nix/Puppy
    Catcher
    Gardner

CC
    Kuroda/Andy
    Hughes
    Burhle
    Nova/Phelps

I'm fine with that for a year or two.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    [QUOTE=leoharris;24282172]Trade Arod and Cano for Reyes and Burhle. Hmmm...lets look at our lineup then.

will never happen

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

vCash
    [QUOTE=Pootamis91;24283154]
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

will never happen
    Of course not, but that's what trade threads are for. Fun.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    [QUOTE=leoharris;24283297]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post

Of course not, but that's what trade threads are for. Fun.
    yeah i know i think it is because i like my trade more. Arod & Cano to the Dodgers for Ramirez/Ethier & Lee. Reyes is too injury prone for me

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

vCash

Itchy
    Jeter
    Reyes
    Tex
    Grandy
    DH
    Chavez/Nix/Puppy
    Catcher
    Gardner

CC
    Kuroda/Andy
    Hughes
    Burhle
    Nova/Phelps

I'm fine with that for a year or two.
    To add to the fun, lets say they did this trade and signed AJ piersunski and youkalis to one year deals.

Itchy
    Jeter
    Reyes
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkalis
    DH
    AJ
    Gardner

Not too shabby...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    To add to the fun, lets say they did this trade and signed AJ piersunski and youkalis to one year deals.

Itchy
    Jeter
    Reyes
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkalis
    DH
    AJ
    Gardner

Not too shabby...
    Very good. Add Carlos Lee for your DH. Although i dont see Reyes and Buerlhe, you gotta ask for more. I can only see Buerlhe and a position player prospect.

After the trade, Miami launches the party ala Heat. A-Rod talks "not 1, not 2, not 3......"

vCash
    Very good. Add Carlos Lee for your DH. Although i dont see Reyes and Buerlhe, you gotta ask for more. I can only see Buerlhe and a position player prospect.

After the trade, Miami launches the party ala Heat. A-Rod talks "not 1, not 2, not 3......"
    That would be fantastic!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    The Texas Rangers are not willing to trade either Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar for Justin Upton, leaving the Tampa Bay Rays as the favorites to land the Arizona Diamondbacks star right fielder, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Rid of one upchuck to get another upchuck....

vCash
    It's amazing how ppl want to throw away Cano like he's garbage and add Reyes. You really can't make it up ... wow.

vCash
    I was going to respond but i noticed the photo in your sig.... You know Lin plays for the Rockets now? Another over hyped, over paid player....

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast