Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Towers is their GM as well.

I was against acquiring him at first but I'm beginning to reconsider. He's 5 tool player who had a monster year last year, a good year this year while battling hand injuries all season, and is controlled through 2015 for a very affordable price and he's only 25. Plus we could really use his speed and another right handed bat in the lineup.

If even one of our outfield prospects ever pan out to be as good as Justin Upton I'd be ecstatic. The only thing I fear is that a potential trade will cost us a lot of our top prospects since they're mostly in the lower levels. Would a trade of Tyler Austin, Manny Banuelos, Corban Joseph/David Adams, and Francisco Cervelli get it done? ray:

...or Upton and Skaggs for Cano and Adam Warren + a filler?
    Just trying to think outside of the box. Something I find interesting is that their manager, Kirk Gibson, recently made comments suggesting the Diamondbacks should be interested if AROD is available. I don't think it's likely but if Cashman somehow managed to orchestrate a deal that ends up with Upton in pinstripes and AROD in Arizona I'd do cartwheels nonstop for a week and then promptly buy him a steak dinner.

UPDATE: They're listening on Trevor Bauer because he's fallen out if favor with some in the organization. How about Upton and Bauer for Cano + Tyler Austin + Hughes/Nova/Phelps/Banuelos/Nik Turley + Francisco Cervelli + a filler? It would be awesome if this could happen.
    That second trade was closer, but you need to consider what the DBacks are looking for. A third baseman, and possibly an outfielder. They need prospects that are ready to go, and though we have some pretty good specs, I think other teams can offer much better players.

Why trade the farm for 2 players anyway? Upton has attitude problems, and apparently so does Bauer, who wasn't impressive at all in his time in the majors. I'd pass on this trade.

vCash
    Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

The #dbacks are asking for third baseman or shortstop in return for Upton and #redsox are out

takes the garbage out of the race but just reading around i bet a deal like this could get it done

Nunez,Nova,Warren and a mid prospect could get the deal done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

The #dbacks are asking for third baseman or shortstop in return for Upton and #redsox are out

takes the garbage out of the race but just reading around i bet a deal like this could get it done

Nunez,Nova,Warren and a mid prospect could get the deal done
    For Upton? Nah. I don't really think we have the prospects to get it done on our own, but if we trade Granderson and flip those prospects, along with some of our prospects (Nunez, Flores, Phelps, etc.), then I think we could get it done without gutting the farm.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Granderson, Nunez, Phelps/Nova, mid levels for Upton is plausible to I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Might work. Depends on how badly they want to get Upton out of there.

vCash
    Not sure why the word to is in there...

vCash
    So much for Upton:

Via Joel Sherman: The Yankees are not in on the Justin Upton trade talks and they also wouldn’t do a two-year contract for Torii Hunter with the 2014 payroll plan looming. They are fixated on one-year commitments this offseason.

It’s always tough to gauge what exactly the team’s true intentions are with reports like this. Are they not in on Upton because they don’t want other teams to know they’re in on Upton, or because they legitimately don’t like him as a player? Would they do two years for Hunter but don’t want to come out and say it? Who knows. The Yankees haven’t exactly been a team that telegraphs their intentions under Cashman.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/11/she...-hunter-78925/

vCash
    No Upton, no Hunter... Ichiro?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    No Upton, no Hunter... Ichiro?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post

Wow, thats a bit much for one player. Granderson, Nunez and mid level is enough to me. Especially one that is overrated in my opinion.

Why are people so willing to give up on Phelps? I see his name in alot of trades. I think he has shown the capacity to pitch in NY. I like his mettle. With all the talk about our rotation and the unknown about getting Kuroda or Andy back, dont you want to keep pitchers around? Worse case you head into the season with a rotation of CC, Hughes, Nova, Phelps and someone else. If you trade Phelps and Nova before securing the services of Kuroda and Andy means huge problems to the rotation.

Plus, doesnt that help met the budget number for 2014? Cant have all stars in every positions. We need young guns to step up and hold the fort.

vCash
    Honestly, I think a Hunter/Ichiro platoon would be awesome and the best value for RF next season. They are both pretty much role players at the moment but can play regular minutes if need be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Wow, thats a bit much for one player. Granderson, Nunez and mid level is enough to me. Especially one that is overrated in my opinion.
    I don't have a problem giving up that package for one player.

I do have a problem is that one player is Justin Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I don't have a problem giving up that package for one player.

I do have a problem is that one player is Justin Upton.

vCash
    one guy i just realized that is a free agent that the Yankees should go after is Nate Mcclouth. Even if its for a platoon role it would be good for the Yankees to sign him. Maybe with Jason Bay we could have a good platoon for a year. While Austin can get a full year at triple a so he can become the everyday RF in 2014
    Last edited by Pootamis91; 11-08-2012 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    For Upton? Nah. I don't really think we have the prospects to get it done on our own, but if we trade Granderson and flip those prospects, along with some of our prospects (Nunez, Flores, Phelps, etc.), then I think we could get it done without gutting the farm.
    Just resign Swisher for 4 more years and then we can save our top prospects....he was fine in the regular season....at some point we need to bring these kids up.....who cares what it costs, it is their money and not ours to worry about....
    Nick

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast