Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The reason for trading Cano is because he will become another Arod, Teix, whoever. He's going to become a free agent next year at the age of 31, on a 10 year deal, it will get ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    First off, thank you Slick for pointing out it wasnt a straight Cano for Reyes...its all about dumping A-Rod.

And the addition of Granderson or Cano is to get rid of A-Rod, you have to add bait. So, sorry but one or more needs to go.

Plus, with either Granderson or Cano gone, thats a pending big contract not to give out in 2014. Killing two birds with one dropped bag of A-Rod.

Although i dont mind adding Nova but i dont want Nova and Phelps included. We have to keep one. If we are pushing Granderson, add Adams since you know once the trade goes through, you extend Cano so second base is secured.

If adding Cano instead of Grandy, then Nova or a prospect is enough depending on what you get back.

Meet the fiscal goal? Yes.
    Rid of A-Rod? Hell yes.
    Become flexible in signing players? Ohhhh yeah.

Then players like Bourn become an option now.

Still HELL NO TO HAMILTON.....
    Bourn should never be an option...see Reyes, Crawford, Vince Coleman, et al.

Never pay for aging speed, it does not work.
    "A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."

-Donnie Baseball

vCash
    REALLY? Not an option? Not even on a 3 year deal if you can get it? I would prefer someone like Bourn than a Hamilton. We dont need anymore swing for the fence type players. Didnt the playoff show us that the Yanks need players who can hit for average, be a threat on the basepads and put pressure on the pitchers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    The reason for trading Cano is because he will become another Arod, Teix, whoever. He's going to become a free agent next year at the age of 31, on a 10 year deal, it will get ugly.
    I dont see Cano getting 10 years. Very few players have received 10 year contracts. I think teams will start to be more careful and limit the number of years with all the bad contracts that have been given out recently. On top of that most of the big market teams and even some smaller market teams have handed out multiple big contracts and will not be major players in free agency. The Redsox and Mets are the only two big market teams that I can think of that might have in enough money to spend and I dont see either going after Cano.

I think we should be able to retain Cano on a 6 year deal if we negotiate his contract the same we did with Jeter.

Granderson should be let go.

vCash
    Bob will be gone.

I just wonder if we'd have the balls to trade him for a haul first. We could always resign him like Philly with Lee, but I guess that's not the Yankee way.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Aren't we in good shape in terms of our payroll situation??
    We have a bunch of Salary coming off the books.
    Swisher(12M+), Soriano (13M+), Faliciano (6M), Arod (his salary starts to come down to 20M), AJ(the 8M that we're paying comes off next year), Rivera (I cant see us paying him 15M a yr or his replacement).

The salaries for our younger players are going to rise but not by that much. I think we can afford to sign cano and still have enough money left over to play with.

But I would try to us it wisely and not go back to George's days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I dont see Cano getting 10 years. Very few players have received 10 year contracts. I think teams will start to be more careful and limit the number of years with all the bad contracts that have been given out recently. On top of that most of the big market teams and even some smaller market teams have handed out multiple big contracts and will not be major players in free agency. The Redsox and Mets are the only two big market teams that I can think of that might have in enough money to spend and I dont see either going after Cano.

I think we should be able to retain Cano on a 6 year deal if we negotiate his contract the same we did with Jeter.

Granderson should be let go.
    There are more teams than this that could bid on Cano. The Dodgers are the obvious one, but the Nationals have proven that they don't mind spending big, and the Mariners (with all their young cost-controlled guys) also have the ability to spend. I'm sure there are one or two others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    There are more teams than this that could bid on Cano. The Dodgers are the obvious one, but the Nationals have proven that they don't mind spending big, and the Mariners (with all their young cost-controlled guys) also have the ability to spend. I'm sure there are one or two others.
    I dont know how much more salary the dodgers can add. I mean look at some of the contracts, Kemp, Crawford, Ethier, gonzales, Ramirez. Those guys alone make alot of money. The nationals have handed out a big stupid contract to Worth, and gave out another one to Zimmermin. There will definetly be teams interested but I cant see a 10 year contract though.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...part-ways.html

another bench option to replace Jones?

Yankees Offseason Wishlist

1. Trade 2 of Mccann,Beltran,Texeria,CC,Tanaka
    2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller
    4. Sign 1 of Fernandez or Shields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...part-ways.html

another bench option to replace Jones?
    I'd give him a non guaranteed look but I'd think he wants to get far away from ny.

Colorado in his future.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    REALLY? Not an option? Not even on a 3 year deal if you can get it? I would prefer someone like Bourn than a Hamilton. We dont need anymore swing for the fence type players. Didnt the playoff show us that the Yanks need players who can hit for average, be a threat on the basepads and put pressure on the pitchers?
    I agree with that, but the fact remains you do not PAY for speed. If he was 24 years old, maybe. Plus, what does he do that Brett Gardner cannot do for us. Gardner is coming back and I do not see the need for Michael Bourn. He is a nice player but he is going to be overpaid somewhere. I agree to pass on Hamilton as well. I would personally like to see them promote at least one minor leaguer next year. We need to get younger and less expensive.
    "A Humble Man of Grace and Dignity. A Captain Who Led by Example. Proud of the Pinstripes Tradition and Dedicated to the Pursuit of Excellence. A Yankee Forever."

-Donnie Baseball

vCash

2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller

vCash
    Please no Jason Bay

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...tin-upton.html

doesn't say if Yankees are involved but i am betting ninja Cashman in on this

2. Resign Robertson
    3. Sign Andrew Miller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...tin-upton.html

doesn't say if Yankees are involved but i am betting ninja Cashman in on this
    I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Towers is their GM as well.

I was against acquiring him at first but I'm beginning to reconsider. He's a 5 tool player who had a monster year last year, a good year this year while battling hand injuries all season, and is controlled through 2015 for a very affordable price and he's only 25. Plus we could really use his speed and another right handed bat in the lineup.

If even one of our outfield prospects ever pan out to be as good as Justin Upton I'd be ecstatic. The only thing I fear is that a potential trade will cost us a lot of our top prospects since they're mostly in the lower levels. Would a trade of Tyler Austin, Manny Banuelos, Corban Joseph/David Adams, and Francisco Cervelli get it done? ray:

...or Upton and Skaggs for Cano and Adam Warren + a filler?
    Just trying to think outside of the box. Something I find interesting is that their manager, Kirk Gibson, recently made comments suggesting the Diamondbacks should be interested if AROD is available. I don't think it's likely but if Cashman somehow managed to orchestrate a deal that ends up with Upton in pinstripes and AROD in Arizona I'd do cartwheels nonstop for a week and then promptly buy him a steak dinner.

UPDATE: According to MLBTR, they're listening on Trevor Bauer because he's fallen out favor with some in the organization. How about Upton and Bauer for Cano + Tyler Austin + Hughes/Nova/Phelps/Banuelos/Nik Turley + Francisco Cervelli + a filler? It would be awesome if this could happen.
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 11-07-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast