Sigh...it will be a very slow offseason knowing that the 2014 imposed budget is there.
No Hamilton - Thank God. He would be a big mistake.
No Upton (x2) - Thankfully... Overrated.
Haren - No thanks. I like Phelps and Nova instead.
Although its nice throwing out trades like that, I dont see it happening as long as A-Rods albatross contract is on the books.
What I see:
1. Kuroda takes the qualifying offer. (Yeah!!!)
2. Swisher and Soriano declines Q offer. (Yeah!!!)
3. Try to get Soria but KC resigns him. (awww).
4. Laugh at the Dodgers when they sign Hamilton to a 6 yr contract.
5. Turn around and offer A-Rod and Cano or Granderson with prospect to the Dodgers for Crawford and prospect. Or A-rod and Cano to Miami for Reyes. Please Lord help us rid the books of A-Rod....
6. Sign Hughes to an extension (so you can dangle him if needed).
7. Continue to pester Andy to come back....in July is fine.
8. Resign Ibanez and Itchy.
9. Resign Martin.
10. Tell the kids in the minors they need to step up and be ready to play. If every other MLB team can try out their minor league players, can the Yanks do the same?