Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Soria is willing to set up for Mariano Rivera?

Make that happen. Now

Please take the gamble on this one Cashman. This would have such upside.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 11-05-2012 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Sign Josh Hamilton!!! give him what he wants 7yr $175M
    Sign Edwin Jackson!!! Cashman needs to find 1yr $15M or 2for28
    go get Dan Haren!!!
    both pitchers mentioned are free agents and not tied to picks. get it done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy D0g View Post
    go get Dan Haren!!!
    Josh Hamilton will be the biggest mistake of this offseason. He's on the wrong side of 30, constantly injured, and has poured insane amounts of bad stuff through his system. Anything over 3 years for him will be a mistake. And I'm shocked people think it would be wise to give him more. Don't like the way ARod or Teix or Mauer or Pujols is aging? This guy is in his prime and can't stay healthy. What do you think he'll be @ 36?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy D0g View Post
    go get Dan Haren!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    my thoughts exactly lets see

Hamilton + Alcohol & Drugs + New York = :cry:

vCash
    Hypothetically speaking.

If the Yankees did sign Josh Hamilton and he guaranteed you a 100 percent chance of a WS win next year in 2013. Number 28 in the bag for sure. But then 4-5 definite years of under performance injury and relapse after that, would you do it?
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 11-05-2012 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Hypothetically speaking.

If the Yankees did sign Josh Hamilton and he guaranteed you a 100 percent chance of a WS win next year in 2013. Number 28 in the bag for sure. But then 4-5 definite years of under performance injury and relapse after that, would you do it?
    No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    No
    That's the answer I would choose too. I know a lot of people selfish enough to say yes to that question.

Thankfully you have a different mindset. #28 is valuable but fans proposing Josh Hamilton left and right need to realize its just not worth it with all the potential baggage.

vCash
    That's the answer I would choose too. I know a lot of people selfish enough to say yes to that question.

Thankfully you have a different mindset. #28 is valuable but fans proposing Josh Hamilton left and right need to realize its just not worth it with all the potential baggage.
    He want's 7 years 175 million dollars.

He hasn't had a full healthy season since 2008. Is a relapsed/recovering druggie/alcoholic. Just the guy for NY. Not.

Yankees want to cut payroll.

He's also a career .227 post season hitter. His OBS AT .295 is alright.

One of the most streakiest players in baseball. Same people here who want swisher gone because he is streaky and is terrible in the post season, want's to give Hamilton 175 million dollars. Then they will be the people who will say signing Josh Hamilton is one of the 5 biggest mistakes in Yankees history.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 11-05-2012 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He want's 7 years 175 million dollars.

He hasn't had a full healthy season since 2008. Is a relapsed/recovering druggie/alcoholic. Just the guy for NY. Not.

Yankees want to cut payroll.

He's also a career .227 post season hitter. His OBS AT .295 is alright.

One of the most streakiest players in baseball. Same people here who want swisher gone because he is streaky and is terrible in the post season, want's to give Hamilton 175 million dollars. Then they will be the people who will say signing Josh Hamilton is one of the 5 biggest mistakes in Yankees history.
    I agree. Besides Hamilton there are a lot of options for Outfield. Investing all of our coin in him would not be a smart investment at all.

Trust me, I fell in love with Josh Hamilton in 2008 because of his Homerun Derby performance at Yankee Stadium.

I always felt he would be a Yankee but with his ridiculous salary demands it's just not worth it.

His shady past in regards to drugs and alcohol I dont even consider. He's a man of faith and I know he will conquer those demons.

It's his injury history and his ridiculous demands for 7/175 at age 32 that make me say no.

We can get someone else for much less and it would be a better fit.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...25mm-deal.html

if Ross is only asking for this much it will be interesting to see if the Yankees make a play for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Josh Hamilton will be the biggest mistake of this offseason. He's on the wrong side of 30, constantly injured, and has poured insane amounts of bad stuff through his system. Anything over 3 years for him will be a mistake. And I'm shocked people think it would be wise to give him more. Don't like the way ARod or Teix or Mauer or Pujols is aging? This guy is in his prime and can't stay healthy. What do you think he'll be @ 36?
    Hypothetically speaking.

You are all probably right.
    If he wasn't so injury prone and if he finished the season like he started it, then maybe there would be a different tone here. Was Fielder worth +$200M - no. Pujols - no. Arod - no. Hamilton not.

7yrs is a long time when you suck. One ring wouldn't be enough for that contract length. Just ask Arod.

I'd rather not handcuff our team anymore than we are. Get younger, get cheaper, get smarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...25mm-deal.html

if Ross is only asking for this much it will be interesting to see if the Yankees make a play for him.
    No, Ross is a product of Fenway. He hit .232 away from Boston. He struck out 27% of his ABs. Of the Yankees, only Grandy struck out more often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    "They" meaning Oakland? They have Millone, Parker, Blackley, Straily, Griffin, Anderson and Braden, plus they already re-signed Colon and they could re-sign Brandon McCarthy. That's a lot of starting pitching.

They have no SS depth at all with Pennington and Drew gone. Nunez has a decent enough bat and, important for them, doesn't hit free agency until 2017, so why not trade away one of the arms? If it's not Griffin, who would they give us?
    I'm saying they wouldn't because he's a young pitcher who was very good in his 15 starts and Nunez, though I like him, hasn't shown much of anything.

vCash
    And yes, no thank you to Ross.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast