Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    where did you hear this? that would actually be a good trade for the Yankees in my opinion.
    Somebody from MLB tv mentioned this possibility....

A Fraud to LA would be perfect for that fake town, he'd fit right in perfectly....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Martin can't get us a pick. Only swisher Soriano and Kuroda.
    I thought we would but I could be wrong.
    Do you know if these would be 1st round picks or supplemental?
    I know the process changed with the new agreement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I thought we would but I could be wrong.
    Do you know if these would be 1st round picks or supplemental?
    I know the process changed with the new agreement.
    I think Martin can get us a draft pick but the whole system is different now. In the past, they classified free agents as Type A, B, or C. They no longer do that. Now, if a team has a departing free agent, it can get a supplemental or "sandwich" pick (between 1st and 2nd rounds) if he signs elsewhere, but the team has to make him a "qualifying offer" of an amount that is tied to what the top free agents were paid in the previous year. That amount is $13.3 million for this year, so if the Yankees want the supplemental pick, they have to offer Martin a one year 13.3M deal. They won't do this because he would accept it. They probably will make Swisher a qualifying offer though because he will no doubt decline it.

Other rule changes - to get the supplemental pick, the departing free agent has to have been on the team the whole season. So, for example, the Yankees can't get a supp pick for Ichiro even if they make him a qualifying offer because he wasn't on the team all year. Also, a team signing a free agent who has declined a qualifying offer forfeits its first round pick (unless it's a top 10 pick in which case they forfeit their 2nd round pick). That pick doesn't go to the team that lost the free agent - it just sort of disappears.

vCash
    Correct......hence Martin won't get us a pick.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I think Martin can get us a draft pick but the whole system is different now. In the past, they classified free agents as Type A, B, or C. They no longer do that. Now, if a team has a departing free agent, it can get a supplemental or "sandwich" pick (between 1st and 2nd rounds) if he signs elsewhere, but the team has to make him a "qualifying offer" of an amount that is tied to what the top free agents were paid in the previous year. That amount is $13.3 million for this year, so if the Yankees want the supplemental pick, they have to offer Martin a one year 13.3M deal. They won't do this because he would accept it. They probably will make Swisher a qualifying offer though because he will no doubt decline it.

Other rule changes - to get the supplemental pick, the departing free agent has to have been on the team the whole season. So, for example, the Yankees can't get a supp pick for Ichiro even if they make him a qualifying offer because he wasn't on the team all year. Also, a team signing a free agent who has declined a qualifying offer forfeits its first round pick (unless it's a top 10 pick in which case they forfeit their 2nd round pick). That pick doesn't go to the team that lost the free agent - it just sort of disappears.
    Thanks for the Info.

For the first time in probably our history we're going to be losing type A free agents instead of signing them and losing our picks. Its just our Luck that we wont receive 1st round picks plus supplemental, we're only going to receive the supplemental picks.

I think this is still very good for us. We have our 1st round pick, We'll receive a supplemental pick for Soriano and Swisher. If we draft well, we can deepen our farm system a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I have heard that Paxton has a higher ceiling, but Hultzen is seen as more of a sure-thing. Hultzen seems to be a #3 starter with the ceiling of a borderline #2 guy, so, a cheaper version of (healthy) John Danks? Whereas Paxton is in more of a Cliff Lee mold, just without as high of a ceiling?

Regardless, if you're under the assumption that Cano would re-sign with Seattle, would either side do Cano for Paxton, Ackley and Jaso? Personally, I would. Gets us a very good young lefty, and two above average major league players who are pre-arb. Also gets Seattle their offensive superstar.
    id ask for Walker get hung up on then accept Paxon

Anyways Id try to snag Franklin as well ship over Nunez if possible, 2 Middle INF for 2 Middle INF
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    After seeing the payroll commitments of the Angels, Yanks, Dodgers and Phillies......I still can't decide whose fkd worse.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    After seeing the payroll commitments of the Angels, Yanks, Dodgers and Phillies......I still can't decide whose fkd worse.
    Phillies have a pretty terrible farm system, I'd put them as most fked.

Then again the Angels have a pretty bad system as well....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carljam1 View Post
    Phillies have a pretty terrible farm system, I'd put them as most fked.

Then again the Angels have a pretty bad system as well....
    But we have montero and the killer b's!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    id ask for Walker get hung up on then accept Paxon

Anyways Id try to snag Franklin as well ship over Nunez if possible, 2 Middle INF for 2 Middle INF
    I'd love Franklin, so if they'd take Cano + extension + Nunez for Paxton, Jaso, Ackley and Franklin, I'd be ecstatic, but I don't think they necessarily would. Depends on what they think of Cano. Regardless, I think we match up reasonably well, should Cano be interested in an extension there. But it would be a HUGE risk for Cashman. If we don't hit on ALL three of those guys, he'd lose his job.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    I'd love Franklin, so if they'd take Cano + extension + Nunez for Paxton, Jaso, Ackley and Franklin, I'd be ecstatic, but I don't think they necessarily would. Depends on what they think of Cano. Regardless, I think we match up reasonably well, should Cano be interested in an extension there. But it would be a HUGE risk for Cashman. If we don't hit on ALL three of those guys, he'd lose his job.
    Id be ecstatic also, considering how badly Ackley struggled this year maybe they dont think hes the answer so Cano may be a option for them.
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    I have heard that Paxton has a higher ceiling, but Hultzen is seen as more of a sure-thing. Hultzen seems to be a #3 starter with the ceiling of a borderline #2 guy, so, a cheaper version of (healthy) John Danks? Whereas Paxton is in more of a Cliff Lee mold, just without as high of a ceiling?

Regardless, if you're under the assumption that Cano would re-sign with Seattle, would either side do Cano for Paxton, Ackley and Jaso? Personally, I would. Gets us a very good young lefty, and two above average major league players who are pre-arb. Also gets Seattle their offensive superstar.
    I wouldn't. If we have a chance to re-sign Cano, I'd rather just wait until he hits FA.

vCash
    And definitely wouldn't add Nunez and Franklin. Franklin is worth more than Nunez, so that unevens it.

If cano would re-up here, I would consider it. But I love Ackley and I would be pissed.

vCash
    i heard grandy is moving to LF, gardner to CF, we might try to sign torii to play RF and have ichiro as our 4th outfielder. i don't have a link, my dad heard it today (not sure where, and i'm not sure i believe him). can anyone back this up?

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    i heard grandy is moving to LF, gardner to CF, we might try to sign torii to play RF and have ichiro as our 4th outfielder. i don't have a link, my dad heard it today (not sure where, and i'm not sure i believe him). can anyone back this up?
    So the goal is to spend more money?

I doubt it. There's no way Hunter see's pinstripes. Maybe Ichiro replaces Swisher as a money saving option.

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast