Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Andy needs to go home til June and play the Clemens half year game.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    You have to consider that your gaining 2 middle infielders as well,

I figured youd say Paxton, but i think you would agree that Hulzen and Walker have higher ceilings.
    I'd say Pax has a higher ceiling than Hulten, but a lower floor. A lot of us get a strange feeling that Pax > Hultzen.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I'd say Pax has a higher ceiling than Hulten, but a lower floor. A lot of us get a strange feeling that Pax > Hultzen.
    Really Why's that?

And im assuming Walker is off limits, guy has ace written all over

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    would you trade rendon, detweiler and moore for 1 year of granderson and joba? when they could trade just rendon straight up for a CF under contract or simply sign bourne and move rendon to 2b
    i agree with u theirs no way the Nats would give up that much for 1 yr of Granderson and I'm sure they'll look at FA options first but that team is really close and Grandy would be a very good fit in that line up. Reports have been that Rendon has struggled at 2nd and doesn't really have the range to stick there. I don't think a Grandy for Rendon + a low level prospect is a bad deal for either team especially if the Nats were given a chance to workout and extention. 99% sure it won't happen but i could make alot of sense for both teams IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Dodgers and Texas all over James Shields apparently.

Rays need to shed payroll.
    The Dodgers are going to be all over everything but i don't know if they have the prospects to pull that off. As for Texas Sheilds wouldn't surprise me but i would bet they would be way more interested in Price who Tampa is rumored to be shopping

Quote Originally Posted by DJYankee View Post
    Carlos Beltran seems interesting for RF. Although we should of had him in 2006!!! No knock on Johnny D.
    He would be a great fit and he has wanted to be a Yankee for a long time but i thought he signed a 2 yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    soriano opted out, boras is saying that yankees and him have had miscomincation, soriano opted out because borass said he could get him a 4- 60 million dollar deal. man i think he smokes to much of his own dope.
    it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got a 4 yr deal but 60m is rediculous. With the Tigers needing a closer and declining their option on Valverde I bet he ends up their

Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I can't imagine the Angels would be asking for too much for Haren considering they are looking hard to trade him.

CC-Kuroda-Haren-Hughes-Phelps/Nova is nice. I guess it depends on what the team plans on doing with Kuroda and Pettitte. One year deals or not, I can't imagine they would spend enough for all three unless Pettitte comes back for a small deal like he did this year.
    Their not going to get much if their going to decline is option but with them trading Santana today i would be surprised if they didn't pick up his option and try to get a decent return
    I really like the look of that rotation theirs no way they bring back both Kuroda and Pettite and sign Harren. As much as i would like to get Harren i kinda think he's a long shot. With them cutting payroll i bet they give Phelps a shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Their not going to get much if their going to decline is option but with them trading Santana today i would be surprised if they didn't pick up his option and try to get a decent return
    I really like the look of that rotation theirs no way they bring back both Kuroda and Pettite and sign Harren. As much as i would like to get Harren i kinda think he's a long shot. With them cutting payroll i bet they give Phelps a shot
    Yeah, I don't think they'd bring in all three either. I hope they go for Haren though, since it does fit into the 2014 budget with him only having one year left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I have heard that Paxton has a higher ceiling, but Hultzen is seen as more of a sure-thing. Hultzen seems to be a #3 starter with the ceiling of a borderline #2 guy, so, a cheaper version of (healthy) John Danks? Whereas Paxton is in more of a Cliff Lee mold, just without as high of a ceiling?

Regardless, if you're under the assumption that Cano would re-sign with Seattle, would either side do Cano for Paxton, Ackley and Jaso? Personally, I would. Gets us a very good young lefty, and two above average major league players who are pre-arb. Also gets Seattle their offensive superstar.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Why should the Yankees go after 37 year old Torii Hunter????

37 years old is the key here!

Alex,Derek, Mo and Andy are already old farts, why more of the same?

Can't this team ever find a 28 year old who is not asking or $100 million?

We do not always need big names to succeed. Look at the SF Giants lineup.....They need to spend money on pitching and take your chances there.....

Look,Torii is still a great ball player but this team needs to change direction with veterans that are overly grizzled....
    Nick

vCash
    Sox in on Haren.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Sox in on Haren.
    they can have him once you go to the Red Sux you instantly know you are on the downside of your career just ask Crawford and Gonzalez

vCash
    Andy needs to go home til June and play the Clemens half year game.
    He is more valuable for a full year of service......he needs a regular routine and is not a power pitcher anymore....I think he can go 3 more years.....
    Nick

vCash
    Anybody like the ARod trade rumor to LA for Carl Crawford?

Both are owed a lot of $$$$$ but Carl is younger.....
    Nick

vCash
    A-Rod is not going anywhere

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    The Yankees could have a lot of compansation picks coming to them this year.
    Swisher will net them a pick, Soriano, if Kuroda leaves there's another pick, Martin gets us a pick but I think he'll stay.

I could see cashman getting creative and trading away some of our prospects since He'll have extra draft picks to retool the farm.

I like the Idea of going after Tori Hunter. The guys is still a very good hitter. I dont care how old he is, I rather get him on a one year deal maybe even two years than give somebody a 10 year deal. We can have him for a year or two and let our outfeild prospects develop and take over in a year or two.

If we get Kuroda, Pettite and Mo back, our rotation and bullpen will be set.
    We just need to get creative and improve our line up.

The problem with our line up is that its old and very expensive.
    Letting swisher walk helps a little bit, we should all know by know that we shouldnt give a big contract to Granderson, If we can some how get rid of Texiera it would give us alot of flexibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Anybody like the ARod trade rumor to LA for Carl Crawford?

Both are owed a lot of $$$$$ but Carl is younger.....
    where did you hear this? that would actually be a good trade for the Yankees in my opinion.

vCash
    Martin can't get us a pick. Only swisher Soriano and Kuroda.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast