Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was hoping Jeter to CF, Gardner gone in a trade and Grandy to Left..

YEAH I KNOW :P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Willingham or Span would be a great addition to the team. Morneau, I would pass on.
    that would be interesting and i wouldn't mind it at all as long as we don't have to give up any of Williams, Sanchez, Tyler or Depaula

vCash
    If Josh Hamilton didnt resign with Texas, would you consider a deal of Granderson for one of their young stud SS in Andrus or less likely Profar? Im sure others would be involved but these would be the main pieces. I personally think we should and we can worry about moving who where, later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    If Josh Hamilton didnt resign with Texas, would you consider a deal of Granderson for one of their young stud SS in Andrus or less likely Profar? Im sure others would be involved but these would be the main pieces. I personally think we should and we can worry about moving who where, later.
    Why would Rangers ever make that deal? We would have to include Banuelos

vCash
    We do not have the pieces to acquire Profar (Texas won't trade him anyway). Granderson + fillers for Andrus won't cut it either. Believe it or not, Grandy's stock is quite low at the moment.

vCash
    no way Texas trades either of those 2 for 1 yr of Granderson. Under 25 yr old SS of that quality don't grow on trees. Granderson would be a good fit for Texas and they have an outstanding farm system. If we were to make a deal with them theirs just no way they would include either of their young SS in the deal for him

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    We do not have the pieces to acquire Profar (Texas won't trade him anyway). Granderson + fillers for Andrus won't cut it either. Believe it or not, Grandy's stock is quite low at the moment.
    Agreed that Granderson for either Andrus or Profar won't happen but i disagree that his stock is that low. Granderson has hit 84 hrs over the last 2yrs which is as the most in the AL over last 2 yrs. His BA and defense in CF weren't very good last yr but that kind of power is hard and to find and extremely valuable especially for 15m next yr. He may not be able to get us a top SS but to the right team he's definately worth a couple of top prospects.

vCash
    I know Granderson for one of them wont cut it. There would have to be more pieces coming from us. I would assume Texas would be interested in granderson if hamilton left though... I also think they wouldnt give up either one of those SS for Upton. Gotta think they are holding onto both of them for now for a better deal in the future. King Felix rings a bell.

vCash
    I dont see why everyone thinks Granderson would net us a HUGE haul in a trade. The guy is Rob Deer with a glove. He strikes out a TON, hits .230 and hits 40 homers in Yankee Stadium. Why would a team give us their prized prospects for that? If he is part of a package, I would get it.

vCash
    I agree, Granderson's stock isn't the highest possible, but he is a CF with 40+ HRs. That's rare. Profar has done nothing that makes him worth a MLB all-star. The only reason I would consider this trade is because Grandy has one year left on his contract. Trading prospects for MLB talent is such a risky thought. For every Mike Trout and Bryce Harper, there is a Brandon "best SS prospect since Alex Rodriguez" Wood.

vCash
    This is dumb. Texas wouldn't trade Andus or Profar fo Justin Upton, no they won't take Granderson instead.

vCash
    Gomes to redsox. Where exactly is he playing?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Gomes to redsox. Where exactly is he playing?
    Maybe he's the Cody Ross replacement.

Not a great signing, especially for 2 years. He needs a platoon partner because he doesn't hit RHP at all. Doesn't have much of a glove either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Maybe he's the Cody Ross replacement.

Not a great signing, especially for 2 years. He needs a platoon partner because he doesn't hit RHP at all. Doesn't have much of a glove either.
    Exactly my thoughts. He's a platoon DH. And they have the best DH ever so why?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. He's a platoon DH. And they have the best DH ever so why?
    They signed Edgar Martinez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    They signed Edgar Martinez?
    Career 162 game averages:

Edgar .312-24-99. Postseason .266
    Ortiz. .285-35-117. Postseason .283

Pretty close but I'll take juiced, clutch Papi anyday.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast