vCash
    Nova and Grandy to mets for dickey.

Add fillers as needed.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Arod for a washing machine

vCash
    Same old story with Cashman. We have obvious holes and he thinks he is going to fix them with bargain basment players. Im not saying we need to sign Hamilton or anybody big but he needs to have more on the agenda than just resigning Kuroda and Mo. I like the idea of trading for Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Same old story with Cashman. We have obvious holes and he thinks he is going to fix them with bargain basment players. Im not saying we need to sign Hamilton or anybody big but he needs to have more on the agenda than just resigning Kuroda and Mo. I like the idea of trading for Upton.
    same old story of fans thinking its as simple as calling a team and making a trade as if they were the only team. We dont know if Cashman has talked to the Dbacks about justin upton who i believe is way overrated to what fans here think he is. Do we even have the pieces to pull a upton trade? does it make sense for this team with a limited farm system to trade all of them for Upton?

vCash
    I'm officially on board the let everyone go train.

Take the pics and go bargain hunting late winter for stopgaps.

Most fans just don't recognize that times have changed.

The mega deals just don't work anymore. They are over.

Dodgers spend a zillion dollars? No playoffs.
    Phillies? No playoffs.
    Angels? No playoffs.
    Sox? No playoffs.
    Other Sox? No playoffs.
    Yanks? Deserve wayyyyy more credit than given. Hamstrung by old deals and old players and STILL make it every year.

I like Cashman. I like Hal.

Im also prepared for a year or two of retooling.

I feel better now.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Screw Upton. He would cost 2 much in trade, he is unproven in NY or int he post season. Honestly, something must be wrong if the D-Backs are willing to cut bait on a kid this young with this much potential. Not to mention it really does look like he is great one year and so-so the next.

Last year's numbers? 17 hrs and 67 Rbis last season? I think Arod had nearly identical numbers and most fans want him strung and hung.

Keep it simple Cash

vCash
    I wouldnt be surprised if Stanton was traded. Hes really unhappy and has made it public. Sell the farm for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'm officially on board the let everyone go train.

Take the pics and go bargain hunting late winter for stopgaps.

Most fans just don't recognize that times have changed.

The mega deals just don't work anymore. They are over.

Dodgers spend a zillion dollars? No playoffs.
    Phillies? No playoffs.
    Angels? No playoffs.
    Sox? No playoffs.
    Other Sox? No playoffs.
    Yanks? Deserve wayyyyy more credit than given. Hamstrung by old deals and old players and STILL make it every year.

I like Cashman. I like Hal.

Im also prepared for a year or two of retooling.

I feel better now.
    I totally agree, except with the liking Hal part. Not a fan.

We could use a few years of restocking the farm, and we're not too poorly off as is. With the new pitching coach down there, hopefully we can start putting out some strong pitching prospects (Rafael DePaula ray.

I think fans are going to hate it, but lets be honest. We're not going to make any big time deals anyway. We're going to be shopping for the cheap players as is, to get down to the $189 million. It makes sense not to stress about winning and to take some time changing the way the Yankees do business. No more long term deals. More younger players, less old vets at the end of their rope.
    Last edited by carljam1; 11-17-2012 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    whats not to like about Hal? I hope we dont have a new pitching couch cause that would make us slouch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    whats not to like about Hal? I hope we dont have a new pitching couch cause that would make us slouch
    Thanks for the comment, really added a lot.

vCash
    Just for some unrealistic fun, if the marlins called and offered the following....take it or leave it......would ya?

Stanton for

Sanchez
    Mason
    Tyler
    Montgomery
    Banuelos
    Heathcott
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Just for some unrealistic fun, if the marlins called and offered the following....take it or leave it......would ya?

Stanton for

Sanchez
    Mason
    Tyler
    Montgomery
    Banuelos
    Heathcott
    Replace Tyler with David Adams and Sanchez with Romine, yeah - done deal.

vCash

Stanton for

Sanchez
    Mason
    Tyler
    Montgomery
    Banuelos
    Heathcott
    probably not. the fact that stanton is a corner outfielder takes away from a lot of his offensive output. is sanchez the next buster posey? probably not. but if his bat is right there and he is at least average behind the plate it's already not worth it.

vCash

Stanton for

Sanchez
    Mason
    Tyler
    Montgomery
    Banuelos
    Heathcott
    No cause as great as Stanton is u could keep all those prospects and get josh Hamilton. I don't want Hamilton but basically if ur looking for offense.

vCash

Stanton for

Sanchez
    Mason
    Tyler
    Montgomery
    Banuelos
    Heathcott
    That might be a little too much, IMO. Do you think this offer would at least be able to start talks off?
    Nova/Phelps
    Romine
    Tyler Austin
    Eduardo Nunez/David Adams

I'd be totally on board with this. The Marlins would receive a pitcher, catcher, a corner outfielder and a middle infielder. I'd even throw in Boone Logan considering the Loogy depth we've already started to accumulate and the fact that Boone's massive workload this past season is just screaming potential disaster.

This trade offers the Marlins quality and quantity and I'd be very hesitant to go any higher than this. I wouldn't give up Sanchez or Williams in the deal, but that's just me. I had trouble deciding between Austin and Heathcott but in the end I think I'd rather roll the dice on Heathcott.

I still think we would get outbid by another team if this was our final offer. But then again we are talking about the Marlins front office here so anything can happen. Thoughts?
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 11-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast