Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Apparently you just need people who can just be consistent in the league at the right time. Looking at the WS champs, I don't think Zito is elite, Scutaro sucks yet was a hit machine. Pagan or that SS- I never heard of them. Who knows, maybe Dickerson would do ok if given a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    Apparently you just need people who can just be consistent in the league at the right time. Looking at the WS champs, I don't think Zito is elite, Scutaro sucks yet was a hit machine. Pagan or that SS- I never heard of them. Who knows, maybe Dickerson would do ok if given a chance.
    Exactly. Dickerson puts up similar numbers to any average player like swisher and plays better def.

And he costs 350k.

Gardner
    Itchy
    Grandy
    Dickerson
    Some Righthanded vet platoon guy.

There's ur of.

vCash
    Call Miami and make the offer:

They get Arod, Cano and Nova.

Yankees get Buehrle and scraps. Although i would push for Reyes or Stanton, lets be realistic.

Why it would work for them. Miami create the hype for their Latino fan base. A-Rod, Reyes and Cano would be an great infield. A-rod would probably approve a trade to Miami. Miami rid themselves of 3 more years of Buehrle (signed to 2015) and get a mlb starter in Nova.

Why it would work for Yanks. Get out of Arods contract, that pending Cano extension and you get a serviceable number 2 lefty behind CC. Nix/Chavez cover 3rd. Adams and Puppy cover 2nd. Rotation now would be CC, Buerlhe, Kuroda or Andy, hughes and Phleps. Most importantly they can reach that 2014 budget and have flexibilty to extend Grandy and get a RF.

vCash
    Call Miami and make the offer:

They get Arod, Cano and Nova.

Yankees get Buehrle and scraps. Although i would push for Reyes or Stanton, lets be realistic.

Why it would work for them. Miami create the hype for their Latino fan base. A-Rod, Reyes and Cano would be an great infield. A-rod would probably approve a trade to Miami. Miami rid themselves of 3 more years of Buehrle (signed to 2015) and get a mlb starter in Nova.

Why it would work for Yanks. Get out of Arods contract, that pending Cano extension and you get a serviceable number 2 lefty behind CC. Nix/Chavez cover 3rd. Adams and Puppy cover 2nd. Rotation now would be CC, Buerlhe, Kuroda or Andy, hughes and Phleps. Most importantly they can reach that 2014 budget and have flexibilty to extend Grandy and get a RF.
    So we're basically giving up Cano and Nova for nothing

Francisco Cervelli 2013
    .290/.421/.419/.379
    1 HR 6 RBI

vCash

Exclamation trade

Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    Clip: can you fix the offseason thread to say official instead of offical?
    Please do not trade for Justin Upton. All he beings to the Yankees is 200 more strike outs.

vCash
    Give up Cano for an overpriced average pitcher? now that's something. Cano is one of the top players in baseball, if you're for trading him (i'm not) you better get a lot more value than that.

vCash
    Did you even read the entire post or just pick pieces to fill your arguement? Did you miss removing ARod from the Yankees payroll? Did you miss avoiding that massive contract pending for Cano? Really? Geez....

vCash
    Pretty sure he read your post, he just realized that its a terrible idea...which it is.

vCash
    Did you even read the entire post or just pick pieces to fill your arguement? Did you miss removing ARod from the Yankees payroll? Did you miss avoiding that massive contract pending for Cano? Really? Geez....
    Removing A-Rod from the payroll will never happen. And if takes trading Cano to do it, our team is completely out of contention next year. Have you seen our offense? Cano is half of it.

Francisco Cervelli 2013
    .290/.421/.419/.379
    1 HR 6 RBI

vCash
    I bet you didn't think Boston could rid of Crawford and Beckett as well. Oh wait....

vCash
    Half the offense? Didn't Grandy hit 43 homers? I don't think Tex was a slouch as well? Didn't Jet hit over 300?

vCash
    And yet none of those guys were nearly the hitter Cano was.

vCash
    I can guarantee you that an offense centered around Granderson, Teixiera (who actually was a slouch last year) and Jeter is not making the postseason.

vCash
    Half the offense? Didn't Grandy hit 43 homers? I don't think Tex was a slouch as well? Didn't Jet hit over 300?
    Granderson struck out a ridiculous number of times, Teix is declining as well, and we don't even know if Jeter will be playing at the beginning of the year. Were you not watching the games this year? This offense was very shaky at times, with or without A-Rod. He is still an average third baseman. If getting rid of A-Rod means getting rid of Cano AND Nova, who still has the potential to be good, then what is the point? Our team does not get any better at all with that trade, and will not get better in the next coming years.

Francisco Cervelli 2013
    .290/.421/.419/.379
    1 HR 6 RBI

vCash
    Think about it...5 more years of A-Rod.... Let that sink in. Also, he is 37!!!! If Tex (32 years old) and grandy (31 yrs ols) are regressing, how much longer until Cano begins as well. He is already lazy playing in the infield, will be 31 when you extend him for 6 to 8 more years...

Dont get me wrong, i like Cano but i can see either they overpaying for him or he walking away. I like Nova as well but its all about getting rid of Arod and 5 more years at 114 million. He probably cant DH when he is 40. Hell, they didnt think he could do it in the playoffs. What makes you think having his sorry ***** on this team will be a benefit at all? Pipe dreams.

I wonder how the team will be in 2-3 years from now......

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast