Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I want Mike Trout. But have no idea how we can get him. It's easy to say I want player X, but we don't have the pieces to get him. Hell, I trade Cano for Gordon. But I don't feel like that is enough.
    The Royals would most certainly want something around Phil Hughes in my opinion. To which point the Yankees would have to get creative and build a package from there since a team like Tampa could offer better pitching.

Another more realistic name for the Right Field vacancy is Shin-Soo Choo.

The Indians are likely to go into a fire sale (Buster Olney mentioned this in an article today) and they too are looking for young pieces.

Choo is not on Gordon's level, especially in WAR but he's productive in his own right for sure.

On the Free Agent Market we have Ichiro and Hunter who seem like the most reasonable players available.

A lot of ideas and a lot of players can be had to fill in for Swisher. Gordon tops my charts (like I said before) and everyone else follows suit.

Im happy with whoever the Yankees acquire. (So long as it's not Randy Winn, Nick Johnson, and Javier Vazquez )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    The Royals would most certainly want something around Phil Hughes in my opinion. To which point the Yankees would have to get creative and build a package from there since a team like Tampa could offer better pitching.

Another more realistic name for the Right Field vacancy is Shin-Soo Choo.

The Indians are likely to go into a fire sale (Buster Olney mentioned this in an article today) and they too are looking for young pieces.

Choo is not on Gordon's level, especially in WAR but he's productive in his own right for sure.

On the Free Agent Market we have Ichiro and Hunter who seem like the most reasonable players available.

A lot of ideas and a lot of players can be had to fill in for Swisher. Gordon tops my charts (like I said before) and everyone else follows suit.

Im happy with whoever the Yankees acquire. (So long as it's not Randy Winn, Nick Johnson, and Javier Vazquez )
    It's nice to want Gordon, or Choo. But getting them is another thing. I could post all dat about Gordon, Trout, Choo, Bumgraner, Stanton, Posey, Strasburg, etc. But it's pointless. We all know those dudes are studs. How the hell do we get those guys?

BTW. No on Hunter and Ichiro. Can we PLEASE bring back Swisher? Don't we hate aging vets????

vCash
    It's nice to want Gordon, or Choo. But getting them is another thing. I could post all dat about Gordon, Trout, Choo, Bumgraner, Stanton, Posey, Strasburg, etc. But it's pointless. We all know those dudes are studs. How the hell do we get those guys?

BTW. No on Hunter and Ichiro. Can we PLEASE bring back Swisher? Don't we hate aging vets????
    I don't see the Yankees bringing back Swisher. He's done too poorly in October.

vCash

Why would you not want Ichiro back? If he accepts a reasonable 2 year deal I think thats an amazing get. He clearly showed that he is more than capable of being the old Ichiro in the time he spent here. He showed speed, he hit to all fields, he got on base consistently and that short porch was built for him. Not to mention he is a solid fielder and you cant stick him in any of the 3 outfield spots.

Out of the people that we could realistically get to fill the spot, and for the price that we could get him for, there really isnt anyone better then him. Now hes obviously a short term solution one way or the other so if we had the chance to trade for someone that was geared towards manning the spot for the future then by all means pull the trigger. But even in that scenario Im still a huge advocate of retaining Ichiro.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...se-ethier.html

if the Yankees don't resign Martin they will target Ross. Interesting move that would be

vCash
    aaron small had a great run with the yankees, so did shawn chacon, then the offseason came and people wanted to keep them cause they showed they were more than capable to fill those needs even though they just played above their head.

sure bringing back ichiro as a 4th of would be ok but to sign him to a 2 year deal and count on him for much production based on his short sample with us is just crazy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    aaron small had a great run with the yankees, so did shawn chacon, then the offseason came and people wanted to keep them cause they showed they were more than capable to fill those needs even though they just played above their head.

sure bringing back ichiro as a 4th of would be ok but to sign him to a 2 year deal and count on him for much production based on his short sample with us is just crazy
    Exactly. 2 Good months doesn't eliminate 2 years of decline. Which guy are we more likely to end up with?

vCash
    Oakland is without a SS, having traded Pennington and (probably) lost Stephen Drew to free agency.

Would an Eduardo Nunez for A.J. Griffin swap help both clubs?

vCash
    http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/11/...rafael-soriano

looks like Soria is more Bronx bound now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/11/...rafael-soriano

looks like Soria is more Bronx bound now
    The fact that he's willing to play here hardly means hes Bronx bound.

BTW, don't we already have a closer coming back from TJ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Oakland is without a SS, having traded Pennington and (probably) lost Stephen Drew to free agency.

I don't think there's ANY chance they'd make that swap.

vCash

I love Blake Griffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I don't think there's ANY chance they'd make that swap.
    "They" meaning Oakland? They have Millone, Parker, Blackley, Straily, Griffin, Anderson and Braden, plus they already re-signed Colon and they could re-sign Brandon McCarthy. That's a lot of starting pitching.

They have no SS depth at all with Pennington and Drew gone. Nunez has a decent enough bat and, important for them, doesn't hit free agency until 2017, so why not trade away one of the arms? If it's not Griffin, who would they give us?

vCash
    "They" meaning Oakland? They have Millone, Parker, Blackley, Straily, Griffin, Anderson and Braden, plus they already re-signed Colon and they could re-sign Brandon McCarthy. That's a lot of starting pitching.

They have no SS depth at all with Pennington and Drew gone. Nunez has a decent enough bat and, important for them, doesn't hit free agency until 2017, so why not trade away one of the arms? If it's not Griffin, who would they give us?
    Clown Head! I'll start a thread.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Give us that Doosh who wanted to beat up Arod for running on the mound.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast