Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Napoli= Pass
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Well I think an Arod and Gardner to the Whitesox for Peavy and Rios might be doable and improve the club. At the same time I'd move Cano to Houston for Altuve and Lowrie.. that's for starters. I do not think the Yankees entertain a 10 year deal for Cano so the best option is to deal him now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Mauer
    Tex
    Soriano
    Tulowitski
    Arod
    Werth
    Bay
    Crawford

Thrifty!
    Now the rotation

Cc
    Lee
    Halladay
    Zito
    Hughes

vCash
    Ry's dream might be a possibility Haren is available. Joba for harren revisited!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    Ry's dream might be a possibility Haren is available. Joba for harren revisited!
    Dan Haren is quietly one of the best pitchers in baseball. I'd love to see him in NY.

vCash
    was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    was
    I'll concede that point. I just wanted this dude in his prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    he's still a guy i'd want, especially if he's just out there roaming like edwin jackson

vCash
    idk it seems angels are considering dumping him rather picking up the 15 m option, makes no sense to me if you ask me. I know 15 m is a lot but theres tons of teams looking for pitching even. I'm sure the dodgers would give a kings ransom for him no? andre is available too. For the yanks it's a marginal upgrade at this point with no guarantees he'd stay long term. Its a fantasy but i'd still love to have him. IMagine cc, kuroda, andy , haren hughes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Romine doesn't appear to be ready and could use another full season at AAA due to his recent injury problems.
    agreed the only reason i mentioned Romine was to say if he was ready they could take more of a chance with Napoli. I just don't see Napoli being a fit with so many of our older guys needing days off, plus not really being a true catcher

I know most people on here want to trade Arod but lets get real. He's owed 115M over the next 5 yrs and we would likely have to eat 85+M of that to find anyone to take him. Even if they found a deal they would do Arod has a full no trade clause, if he doesn't want to go he's not going to period. Also we would have to find a replacemnt for him and without emptying the farm we not going to get anyone better for a cheap deal. On top of that anyone thinking we'd get anymore than 1 or 2 kids from A ball are dreaming, it would be a straight salary dump with nothing useful coming back. As bad as he was in the playoffs he wasn't bad enough for the whole yr to pay him 17+M a yr for the next 5 yrs to play for someone else, plus have to pay another guy to play 3rd for us. Doesn't make baseball sense and is bad business IMO
    I also don't get the people who are ready to trade Cano for basically crap, he's the best 2nd baseman in baseball and had close to a 6.0 war. Plus he's the one guy offensive player that could actually be a realistic part of the next core. Unless the return is huge i wouldn't trade him
    Tex also has a full N/T clause and has said multple times he wouldn't wave it so he's not going anywhere either,
    I would actually be shocked if any of those 3 weren't back next yr
    Grandy has averaged 40+ hrs for the last 2 yrs and is on a pretty cheap 1 yr deal. Their alot of value in aplayer like that for a team that might be 1 player away. The Nats have been looking for a upgrade in CF and could use an extra bat. I'd check and see if they would do a Grandy for Rendon plus trade since they have Zimmerman blocking him. We get our 3rd baseman of the future who's almost ready then Arod could move to DH perminately. Just throwing an idea out their and i'm sure theirs tons of reasons it wouldn't work but if they are going to shop him thats the kinda deal i'd like to see. If they bring him back stick him in LF and let Gardy take over CF.
    Offer Swisher the 1 yr deal to get the pick and let him walk, if i have to watch him not perform like he has the last 3yrs in the playoffs again i'll be sick. I'd like to see them bring ichiro back on a 1yr deal but if they can find a good upgrade without having to trade they entire farm i'm all for its
    The C market is pretty thin period, i'm not a huge Martin fan but the pitcher seem to like throwing to him and he did hit alot better in the 2nd half. I think they try to find a middle ground with him and bring him back and let Romine back him up after he gets a couple months in AAA.
    With all the full N/T clause on this team, their apperent unwillingness to spend any money and the lack of any kind of good prospects at the upper level its going to be very difficult to make many changes with the line up IMO
    Dan Haren is quietly one of the best pitchers in baseball. I'd love to see him in NY.
    I'd love to see Haren here as well, ive wanted him since AZ made him available. I just don't see them signing all 3 of Harren, Kuroda and Pettite. If they can't sign Kuroda or Pettitte i'd be all over him even though he's not the pitcher he was. I still think he could be a very very good #3 type guy

What they do with the pitching will be very interesting to see. Soriano is 99% as good as gone, Mo is having 2nd thoughts about coming back, Kuroda and Pettitte aren't guaranteed to come back and both Nova and Pineda are huge ? marks for next yr. I'm sure they'll get the rotation figured out but the BP could be a huge problem, even if Mo comes back theirs no way to know how good he's going to be. I wouldn't want to into next season without a back up plan at closer better than Robertson
    Last edited by dayners81; 10-30-2012 at 05:08 AM.

vCash
    I think Dan Haren has plenty left in the tank, still don't see us getting him he will fetch a high price. If Pettite retired though, I would be all for him in pinstripes.

vCash
    I'd be surprised if we had both Andy and Kuroda back.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    The $189 million cap is for the 2014 season. If we are over, the luxury tax goes from 40% now to 50% and it can never go down. If we stay under for 2014, the tax goes to zero, it is reset and the next time we go over it will only be 17%.

I keep reading that the team needs to get younger and more exciting. Then it is suggested that we re-sign all of our free agents, which will give the same team just a year older.

I would pass on Napoli. I would rather give Martin a 1 year deal in hopes that he repeats his second half than give Napoli a 4 year deal in hopes that he is able to repeat 2011. For 2014 I would have Romine or someone else from the minors take over.

Swisher, Soriano, and Kuroda I would make qualifying offers to. If they accept, they are back for only 1 more year and if they don't we get a draft pick.

Haren and Peavy both have team options. If they are declined, we could look to sign them for 15 to 18 million per season for 2 or 3 years.

I don't see us signing Cano long term. I would rather trade him for a package of young players. Same with Granderson. 5 or 6 good prospects that would be beneficial to the team. We could keep a couple of them (ss and of) and look to trade the others for a starting pitcher. A team like the Rays may be willing to trade Shields or Price as they get more expensive.

Hughes and Chamberlin both have 1 year left before free agency. I would look to sign them both to extensions before they become free agents. Hughes 8 to 10 million a year to be the #4 starter and Chamberlin 2 to 3 million as a closer candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I like the idea of signing both Martin and Napoli we would have a sick catching tandem far better than any other in baseball.

Napoli can DH most of the time as well. So Martin will get his playing time, Napoli will get his ABs, and the veterans will get their occassional DH rest.

Napoli brought in to serve the Jesus Montero role?

YES sign me up for that. Would be a genius move and a sure fire offensive improvement / boost.

If that were to happen, they're not using their 2nd catcher as the DH.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    if martin can play solid d and hit around 260-270, no need for napoli in the dh slot, save it for rotating the old guys and find a couple of super utility players to fill in where needed...

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast